Star Wars: Rebels

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gridlock1987, May 20, 2013.

1. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean the set up for this crew's version of R2D2 & C3PO shenanigans? :wink: 

2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

As soon as I found out Chopper was going to be the focus of the episode, I new that this wasn't going to be good, and I was right. However, I do feel that it could've been worse. There was at least a little bit of standard Rebels VS Empire action, and the new droid was fairly enjoyable. I'm glad I didn't see the preview with him and Chopper talking about the Clone Wars, since that was probably the best scene the droids had. Speaking of their conversations, throughout Chopper's talks about free will and caring friends, I was flashing back to Sabine murdering that droid pilot. The fact that the bounty hunter from that episode made a random appearance probably helped.

3. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
  4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Why do their lightsabers sound so different?

5. GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet Well-Known Member

At least the Rebels finally found a base. Plus maybe a new member.

When the Rebels were seeing that planet they were about to inhabit, it was shown that it was uninhabited by the Empire. But then AP-5 points out it's a trap and it's full of Empire forces.

Either the Empire moved awfully fast or there's a mole in the team.

6. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I liked tonight's episode and I like the new droid, sounded like snape or something.

7. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Funny that Sabine's old friend decided to show up and be a part of the rebels. Not like she could make lots of credits by funneling intel to a contact, and said contact who is in the Black Sun gives that info to the Empire.

Yea I was hoping that the somehow Alan Rickman did the voice before he died - Kinda getting a "non- psycho" Hans Gruber vibe from the way he spoke.

8. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I think they were paying homage to his character Marvin the Android in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

9. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    That's a really good shout there chief.......nice pickup.

10. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Nope, it's Stephen Stanton. The guy who voiced Tarkin on CW and Rebels. He does voice impressions.

11. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

I enjoyed "The Forgotten Droid". It wasn't the best ep of the series, but I had a couple of chuckles.

The ep had quite a bit of detail, and didn't feel out of place or a "side story" to me. I think this is a small story to move the plot along.

Notes and thoughts:
    -I was kinda worried that the Rebels would lose the carrier so soon
    -I found the Imperial cargo ship an interesting design, anyone know if it's taken from an old comic? It kinda looks like just the front tip of a Star Destroyer was chopped off and used to haul cargo.
    -I'm curious if the Rebels will keep that ship
    -with all that cargo dumped by Chopper; did, or would, the Empire go and retrieve it? The Rebels could have easily boarded it and took out the 2 handfuls of Stormtroopers. There's got to be a lot of weapons, equipment, supplies, and/or possibly food. I seriously doubt the Rebels would let go.
    -Ketsu being there was kinda weird to me, thought there'd be an ep explaining why she's going to be with the Rebels, and accepted so easily
    -Chopper taking on the captain was fun, similar to how R2 played hero in a few Clone Wars eps.
    -I admit it, I fell for AP-5 dying. I thought it was going to add more depth to Chopper.
    -if AP-5 is going to be a permanent character, it might be an interesting version of R2 and Threepio.
    -the 3 parts that made me chuckle hardest:
    --->Chopper's slapfest on the captain, right before he zapped him
    --->Getting to the bridge does not make you captain
    --->You abandoned your post

12. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    Training/stun mode I presume, Kanan doesn't cut apart the cargo hold when he slashes the wall. Blades were also really blue compared to the off-white they usually are. The custom lightsaber community should get a hold of that sound since all our sabers act just like the sabers in the preview, minus sparks flying and stuff.

13. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Filler this week, but Chopper is cool and not going to say no to Star Wars having a Marvin. Plus the other side of the episodic format not letting stories breathe as much as CW is that stuff like this doesn't go on for 3 weeks either.

14. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chopper's body count rivals that of a death star

15. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
  16. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shit. Shit. Shit

SO MANY FEELS

But yeah she's gonna die.

17. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Considering that she once fought both Obi-Wan and Anakin at the same time and held her ground, and that Darth Vader because of all his injuries and the restriction of his suit plus his reduced midi-chlorian count is far less powerfull than he was as Anakin, in the real world she should win.

But she probably won't because it will make Darth Vader look more badass and likely will play a part in the character development of Ezra.

18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Wasn't that when they were trying to capture her after Barriss' frame job, and thus wouldn't be trying to murder her? Or was it when she was possessed by Son of the Force, and ergo again neither Obi-Wan or Anakin were trying to murder her?

Because I get the feeling that Darth Vader in his prime is going to kill her. Oh it will be a battle for the ages, the kind they write songs about, and it will be the toughest fight he'll ever have....but she's not going to beat him.

19. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

True, and it will be the big advantage Vader has here. Last time they fought Anakin didn't want to kill her and now as Vader he likely will (unless he wants her to become his secret apprentice).

But it did show that Ahsoka was very capable in lightsaber combat and could hold her own.

Vader isn't in his Prime. He was in his Prime before the accident on Mustafar. He's nothing more than a shell of the man he once was and if he had to fight someone like Dooku or Maul, Kenobi or Windu, he would die very quickly.

I know it's become popular to see Vader as some incredible badass fighter who can take on entire troops and several Jedi at the same time, but that wasn't the intention.

Vader in the OT (and the PT) is clearly hindered by his injuries. Impaired vision, artificial limbs and a suit which functions as a portable Iron Lung -- and that suit isn't armored for nothing: he needs it for protection because he simply can't move and react the way he once could. His body just isn't capable of moving like he could prior to his Mustafar accident. Darth Vader is a crippled man depending on life support and troops to take out the majority of the threats. He's still dangerous, but not up to the levels as before.

Add to this the reduction in midi-chlorian count and thus a serious reduction in his force connection. If he was as dangerous as before he would've destroyed the Emperor a long time ago.

But yes, I think the story will end with Vader killing Ahsoka just to make Vader look more badass and dangerous, and as an influence on the heroes.

20. SmokeyPrime

SmokeyPrime Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed The Forgotten Droid. It was a good ep in the sense that it added depth to Chopper. I quite liked AP-5 also. I actually got a bit teary when it looked like
    he died - and Chopper giving up his new leg to save him was sweet.
    It'll be interesting seeing the Ghost crew have a more cantankerous version of the R2-Threepio duo.

Ketsu's appearance was a nice surprise. It was cool to see the carrier, Sato, and Rex again as well.