Star Wars: Rebels

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gridlock1987, May 20, 2013.

1. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I loved last night's episode, it was the best of 2016 and one of the best of the whole series. Ahsoka's vision of Anakin was my favorite part, I felt so bad for her, I really hope she survives her confrontation with him.

I'm curious to know why the two Inquisitors seemed unfazed after they were attacked by the Jedi Temple Guards. I wonder if that will come back in any way, maybe some good was planted in them?

Kanan learning about Ezra being tempted by the Dark Side is good foreshadowing, I just don't know how far down that path Disney will be willing to take Ezra. We already saw the fallen hero story with Anakin, I don't know if they want to tell that story again.

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Well, those Guards were probably not real or Force Ghosts.

3. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

If that were the case, then what is the significance of the scene where they swarm the Inquisitors? I feel like it must have had some type of meaning behind it.

4. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What was apparently happening (per Rebels Recon) was Yoda showing a vision to everyone. The Grand Inquisitor was indeed very much a former Temple Guard, and Yoda showed that to Kanan to really drive home how cautious he should be about he or Ezra falling to the Dark Side. The guards swarming the Inquisitors weren't real, they were just an illusion meant to delay them. That's why they're absolutely fine at the end when Vader walks in.

5. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    what a seriously great episode........it is really just going from strength to strength.

6. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    I thought the most recent episode was easily one of the best episodes of the season. The Grand Inquisitor being one of the former Temple guards did kind surprise me a bit but I believe one of the show runners said that he would be returning in season 2.

7. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

It was a really great episode. Now we're getting back into some of the stuff that I wanted to see from season 2 (it has still been a really good season anyway). I'm definitely excited to see Malachor.

8. SmokeyPrime

SmokeyPrime Well-Known Member

Very good episode. Loved hearing Matt Lanter voice Anakin again and it was interesting to find out that him and Ahsoka met one more time just before the start of Ep III and at the end to see her get closure with Yoda.

Kanan's vision was awesome. We got the confirmation that
    the Grand Inquisitor was a former Jedi Temple Guard and Kanan was officially knighted. It was such a powerful moment and a big step in Kanan's journey.

9. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I think the Inquisitor was a Force Ghost, meaning that was really him, but somehow redeemed after death. He showed some degree of self awareness.

10. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

THat shouldn't be possible. The prequels made clear that force ghosts didn't exist until Kenobi and Yoda learned this through Qui-Gon who himself was only a disembodied voice.

11. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Don't know if this has been asked before, but with Kanan's vision, did that serve a double purpose, ie a warning about the future and the pull to the Dark side, and once he accepted that he can't control everything, and he can only do what is in his power, he was Granted the Rank of Jedi Knight - was this his version of the Jedi Trials?

Also since Ahsoka was awarded the Rank of Jedi Knight, even though she didn't accept it, I would possibly think she might might accept it prior to her fight with Vader once she finds out Anikan is a sith.

12. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, they were inside a Jedi temple, a place STRONG with the force. I think the Grand Inquisitor/Temple Guards were Force projections like how Vader was in the tree on Dagobah in Empire strikes back and like Ezra's visions when he was being tested for his lightsaber crystal.

13. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

He was not a force ghost, but a projection created by Yoda. It wasn't really clear in the actual episode, but was explained in the Rebels Recon.

14. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course they failed at the whole reason of going to the temple. To find out how the Inquisitors are tracking them.

15. skyfire2006

skyfire2006 Well-Known Member

I agree with you it was a big step in his journey to becoming the Jedi Knight he always wanted to be.

Here's chapter 9 of Jedi... Enjoy Thanks

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11587647/9/Jedi

16. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Not quite, Qui-Gon rediscovered the Force power to do that, and since the OT outright contradicts that anyway with Force Ghost Anakin, the OT has more precedence with anyone can be a Force Ghost regardless if they knew the power or not.

17. skyfire2006

skyfire2006 Well-Known Member

Who taught anakin the secrets to become a force ghost.

18. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    The implication from the series finale of TCW was that Anakin was so powerful in the Force that he didn't really need the training that Qui-Gon partially completed and that Yoda and Ben went through. Hence why he immediately showed up at the end of ROTJ. The films may have more precedence, but they were released 30 years ago without a complete game plan. TCW filled in the gaps and explained why some Jedi became Force Ghosts and some didn't, therefore we should take TCW and current fiction as the better word of God.

If you only watch the films you don't see why Anakin suddenly is so moody and more violent than ever by ROTS and why he distrusts the council; you don't see why Grievous was so feared in ROTS; you don't see Darth Maul's return that could see him return for a future anthology film; you don't see why Palpatine fears Yoda; you don't see the formation of the Rebellion or at least a big part of it; you don't even see the explanation of Order 66.

The game plan is complete now thanks to LucasFilm's story group. Now there are set rules for becoming a Force Ghost, there's a set history of this galaxy far, far away. I would follow newer fiction over older fiction just because of the former's focus on a tight continuity and retcons.

19. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Loving the new character to the ever growing roster.

20. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I didn't really like tonight's episode. In fact, it was probably the worst episode of the series so far. It wasn't horrendous, but it really left me wanting more. First of all, I don't like Chopper. R2 is feisty, but Chopper is just a jerk. I don't really find his antics funny, and the same goes for this episode. I thought the protocol droid also lacked a needed energy even for a droid. The Imperials were an even bigger joke than usual. It doesn't help that this episode came after two great ones, and in the final few episodes of the season. It really reminded me of Clone Wars's weaker episodes where they would have this great arc, and then they would do a more kid friendly episode or arc instead of finishing the other arc immediately. In Clone Wars's defense though, some of those were actually still good episodes.