Star Wars: Rebels

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gridlock1987, May 20, 2013.

1. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Holy crap, that's the grand inquisitor before he fell.

2. skyfire2006

skyfire2006 Well-Known Member

Doesn't twilight mean an end of something and ahsoka may not die, she may just get injured. By the way is there a new episode coming this week.

and I finally starting working on jedi and my 2 other star wars stories one takes place before force awaken and the other takes places after force awaken.. Here the link to the one that takes place before force awaken hope you all like it.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11818087/1/Star-Wars-A-Skywalker-s-Journey

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I had the same thought, it sounds straightforward, but I would be shocked if it was.

4. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    Now available on DisneyXD and your usual pirate sites. Hope you find one in HD

The three Force Visions were amazing. The emotion in Ashoka's was the best, having just rewatched her arc in TCW and this scene where Anakin and Obi-Wan talk about her decision. Now, buckle up, boys and girls, we're going to
    MALACHOR next! Revan pls
    !

Yoda waving to Ashoka was also pretty neat

5. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

What's interesting is how Ahsoka and Anakin's last interaction was just before both he and Obi-wan left to save the chancellor. Would have been great to see this in the show.

6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

So, Kanan's just got Knighted by the Grand Inquisitor. Well, the force itself, really. Which is equally strange. Cool, though. Also, it seems everyone who thought the Grand Inquistor was that Temple Guard were right.

Ahsoka seemed to finally accept the reality that she sensed in the Siege of Lothal. Vader is Anakin. She must have spent a long time in denial. Although, it was nice seeing Yoda briefly appear to her.

Even though the trailer already showed that the Inquistors continue appearing, I was still hoping that those force Jedi would kill them. They are just so useless. Even Grevious in 08CW was more competent than these idiots. Thank the force Vader has finally returned.

Overall, a pretty enjoyable episode. Looking forwards to seeing how the rest of this arc plays out.

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm hoping from here on there is less filler and more direct plot episodes like these.

8. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the episode was pretty good, except for one thing that is huger to me that i really really hate, yodas redesign. it is just utterly horrible to me. has so much less character than his clone wars look. everything else is consistent with the past series except that and it just really bugs me.

9. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Agreed on Yoda^^

As for this episode, it was all great, but in the end, the Grand Inquisitor stole the spotlight.

10. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

This could just be up to interpretation, but the
    Grand Inquisitor
    appearing as the Temple Guard seemed to me to imply that after his death, he was somehow redeemed. But it could just be the Force being all Force-y and just using his face to spook Kanan and the other Inquisitors.

11. Autoboticon

Think it's a little of all three. That and I also like to think that through their meetings and interactions, The Grand Inquisitor has become a part of Kanan and vice versa.

I'm also seeing it as Kanan meeting a past version of The Grand Inquisitor who only has knowledge of the events that had transpired and will transpire and not actually be the one in the show. Like a "I am him...but not as you knew him".

Also, there's a upcoming episode
    Where Chopper gets left behind in an old abandoned Imperial Base and makes a unlikely friendship with a Imperial Droid
    which makes me intrigued to see who it might be.

12. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

"Shroud of Darkness" was amazing. It was great to hear Matt Lanter voicing Anakin again. I wish this season would've had a few more episodes like this one. It's episodes like these that I watch Rebels for.

13. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    The Grand Inquisitor was once a Temple Guardian who lost his way. It's kinda obvious. The Force was using his image from his Knight days to test Kanan
    . I find it interesting how he used a red lightsaber in his duel until he stopped being aggressive.

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Great episode, though nothing really too surprising. I figured Ahsoka already knew Vader was Anakin from Siege of Lothal, but I guess I was wrong. Liked seeing that little wave from Yoda.

Yep, pegged the Grand Inquisitor reveal. It was cool to see a vision of him when he was a good, kind Jedi. Wonder what his confrontation with the Inquisitors means.
    Also the Force still tells me he was one of the Jedi Guards who tried to apprehend Barriss during her fight with Anakin.

Cool to hear more confirmation that the end of TCW would've directly led into ROTS. I can't help but wonder what it would've been like.

Vader's return was good. Glad to still have James as the voice. Can't wait for Malachor, but we have a hiatus this week. It'll be back the 16th. But even then it's a Chopper episode or two. Then the season finale.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Wonderful episode all around.

16. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I thought it was a great episode. I'm curious why Yoda would send Ezra to Malachor where it looks like he's going to run right into his supposed new "old master," Darth Maul.

17. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

It's very wrong, but it's episodes like these when we see some (old) Jedi action that I enjoy -- the really Rebels oriented episodes leave me cold. The more throwback to the old Republic and especially the Jedi, the more I like it. (Probably frustration about Clone Wars ending.)

But man, the animation model for
    Yoda and Anakin
    were really awefully. I didn't even recognise the latter at first and I think he even wore the wrong outfit.

18. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Loved the episode and called it on Malachor, the 3 week wait for it is already killing me.

I'm thinking that this show eventually ends with Kanan dying and Ezra quitting the force out of guilt, clearing the decks for the OT and leaving him around for the next series to dig up.

Yoda coulden't talk Ezra out of fighting at all costs out of fear, so maybe he's sending him to Malachor to see the consequences of that path. From the reaction it got from Ahsoka and Kanan, I think its safe to assume whatever happened there in the new canon is at least as bad for the Jedi as what happened there in the old.

If Yoda is aware that Maul is there, it could be a test to see whether he's willing to take the path of the dark side to protect his friends. Could also be that Maul is the only person not under Palp's thumb that can impart any useful information on fighting the Sith and their lackeys.

Here's another thought - What if its actually Maul that kills Ahsoka?

19. Autoboticon

I use 2003 version when it comes down to it.

20. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Yeah, the way that I look at it is this. The first Clone Wars cartoon was meant to link/connect episode II and episode III. The second Clone Wars cartoon wasn't really about linking the two movies, it was about telling stories that happened in between the two movies.