Star Wars: Rebels

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gridlock1987, May 20, 2013.

1. Galvatross

Galvatross Put down the kool-aid Veteran

2. SmokeyPrime

SmokeyPrime Well-Known Member

The Honourable Ones was a phenomenal episode. Great to see Rex and Geonosis again, as well as hints towards the Death Star. The reveal that the Geonosis has no life forms was chilling and I'm guessing it'll wind up leading to a Death Star storyline.

The development of Kallus was awesome. I won't go into much detail, because it's been covered so well already in other posts. I also enjoyed how Zeb acted - he wasn't hateful because he overcame his Lasan massacre grief in Legends of the Lasat. Their interactions throughout the ep were great. The last minute with Kallus returning to complete indifference was powerful.

Edit: And the moment when Kallus' leg snapped was cringeworthy. It was a hard impact and you could hear the snap. :O

3. Grimlock4523

Grimlock4523 Me Grimlock, KING!!!

Derp Yoda. WTF lol

4. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Ya,,,,they're trying to make him look like his Empire strikes back version......buuuuuut.....he looks reaaalllyy bad.

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Geonosans were also wiped out since they have the ability to make droid armies, which would threaten the Empire.

Wonder if Kallus will now start to view the Empire in a different way, eventually leading him to switch sides.

6. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

I probably saw a completely different episode, because I found "The Honorable Ones" to be such an incredible cliche that it's boring.

These kind of stories (one of the good guys is stranded with one of the bad guys on a hostile planet, they have to work together and in doing so gain respect for each other with the bad guy realising that oiur heroes are really the good guys) were already old when Star Trek TNG did it more than twenty years ago.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Like you said, the trope is ancient. Can't blame Star Wars for using it when it's popularized countless ancient tropes itself. I think the best part of it was that it featured the least developed members of the main cast, Zeb and Kallus; one of whom only just got a focus episode and the other had been completely monstrous and seemingly irredeemable.

8. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

He looks a bit like Stuart Freeborn, the man who created Yoda.

9. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

For us old people, yes.

But it's a kids show, it's probably their first one of this plot formula.

Anyways...as much as I enjoyed the Zeb/Kallus ep, I'm still more excited about the stolen carrier.

Every since I read about it in "The Truce at Bakura", and then actually seeing the design in The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, I was actually thrilled to see it on-screen. I even have the Micro Machines version.

I was always curious to see what it looks like on this inside.

Though it's not quite the same as the design from the book, due to it being the old canon, and this new version is meant to be of Empire design, I'm still happy.

I want to see it in action some more. If the Rebels can get their hands on a few more, they can also be great cargo ships.

Now that it's established on-screen that the Rebels steal Imperial vessels. You guys think we'll see them steal a Nebulon-B frigate?

I'm also curious what the Rebels did with the 2 TIEs stolen from the end of Season 1.

10. Galvatross

Galvatross Put down the kool-aid Veteran

Yeah, it wasn't great because of the story so much as the characters. A simple or cliche story can still be good if the performances and execution are good and if the characters and character development are memorable.

Also, I'll reiterate that Geonosis having a population of 0 was creepy.

11. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

As far as the design for Yoda goes, I'm just glad that it's his design for this series and not The Clone Wars. As he was a main character in TCW and is hardly featured in this series.

I am really excited for these final five episodes of season two: "Shroud of Darkness", "The Forgotten Droid", "The Mystery of Chopper Base", and "Twilight of the Apprentice (Parts 1 & 2)". I have a feeling that Ahsoka isn't gonna make it through the season. Which would be really unfortunate as I really love the older version of her. So much better than the annoying little girl that she originally was during the first two seasons of TCW before the character redesigns.

12. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Against my better judgment I hope they throw a curveball and have Ahsoka survive.

13. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Strikes me that Twilight of the Apprentice was chosen as the title for the last episodes because the obvious implication is that Vader is going to do in Ahsoka, but its vague enough to allow for a bunch of other things.

Ezra is an apprentice, Kanan was an apprentice when the Order died and Maul was a Sith apprentice. Twilight could mean death, it could mean they graduate or it could mean that they leave that part of them behind and move forward with their life.

Certain points of view and all that.

14. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or someone rebuilt Anakin's old ship from CW and it makes a return

15. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

I agree. I don't think they are going for the obvious thing here. There will be some kind of a twist on it.

I honestly don't think Asoka and Kanen will die untill the series finale. At least, if it was a normal show then that is how they would do it. But who knows since Clone Wars showed us you may not get an actual finale.

16. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Does Disney have a history of cancelling a money maker?

I'm sure the more eps, more characters, and more ships this series churns out, the more toys Hasbro has to make them to sell, the more they sell, the more they give Disney.

I'm hoping for more new Micro Machine sets with new vehicles...this was my latest "Rebels" purchase.

Also bought that Hot Wheels Ghost for $3.

17. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Watched a clip from this week's episode.
    90% certain that the Grand Inquisitor was a Jedi Temple guard. The inflections of his voice, the body language, the poses. Still betting he was one of the guards who tried to confront Barris during her fight with Anakin.

18. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
  19. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I also hope and think that Ahsoka will survive the season. I know she was never going to become the main character this season, but she has been disappointingly underutilized so far. Would it really have been that hard to throw her in on one of Ezra and Kanan's missions instead of just saying she gave them a mission at the start of the episode? Thankfully, Rex has had a good amount of screen time.

20. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I too was hoping for more Ahsoka this season, especially if her end does end up being near.

In addition to Ahsoka, I was also hoping for more of the two Inquisitors as well. At the start of the season, I was under the impression that maybe each season would feature different Inquisitor(s). If that ends up being the case, I'm gonna be really disappointed with how little screen time the Seventh Sister got in this series.

I'm not surprised though that there hasn't been any additional Vader appearances so far this season. I knew that he wasn't going to be featured very often.