Star Wars on Blu-Ray Fall 2011

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Haloid1177, Aug 14, 2010.

1. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I'm not giving Lucas anymore monies.

We all know he's gonna release several more Director Cuts in the next ten years.

2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I get the impression that Star Wars operates almost like an old communist dicatorship.

Stage 1 - The Great Leader comes up with vague ideas and takes the credit for all the work that others put into creating the end result.

Stage 2 - the competent people that made the good stuff happen eventually get pushed out for being a threat and are replaced by yes men. State decends into medicority.

Stage 3 - Leader lives off the glory of the past and is worshiped by a personality cult.

Can't wait for Stage 4 personally.

3. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm not a fan of the special edition and have all of the movies on dvd. Once they come out with the original original trilogy on bluray, then I'll bite. And you know it's gonna happen too.

4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The deleted scene takes place after the Emperor lands on DS2 I think, since I swear I read that somwhere. Don't know for sure though.

5. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

No, it happens before Luke and pals rescue Han. So it's a scene inbetween Vader arriving on the Death Star, and the Droids approaching Jabba's Palace.

6. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

I'll stop myself nerding out this time and actually wait for the review before i buy this on bluray.

7. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Han shot first or GTFO

8. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

reading that, i could only imagine what would have happened if more people stood up to Lucas. but Kurtz is right, Lucas saw cash after Empire and everything after Empire seems to be just a new way of draining more cash from the fans. the fix ups on the video and dvd releases and the re releases of them. gah. and the worse thing is i often fail and buy them :( 

9. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Allow me to put my nerd hat on and say that it actually takes place at the beginning of Shadows of the Empire. But theatrically speaking, you're right, it takes place right after Vader lands on the Death Star.

I read the interview with Kurtz and I have to say that the kid I was would have disliked the ending he refers to. Luke going off on his own, Han and Lando (and the Millennium Falcon) dead... not quite the happy ending I wanted as a kid, much less as an adult.

10. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

The 8-year-old in me completely agrees with you.

11. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

This will of course be all new clean-ups (hopefully fixing most 2004 DVD/re-master problems), and incorporating new items (such as CG Yoda for Episode I). I hope no new scenes though as they generally break up an already established flow, just include them all nice on the disc (maybe a branching option though). Whether or not we'll ever see the original cuts on Blu-Ray, I did read George Lucas said not at this time as it'd take too long/$$$ to clean them up for this release; and of course they're more focused on Special Edition (Take 3). I wonder if they've redone all the CG again this time, and if so if that includes the prequels because those movies are practically all CG. Also, it'll be interesting to see if Lucas leaves the film grain on the OT. The TV HD masters from the 2004 versions are very film-like, while the PT is very not. I can see Lucas wanting all to match in a single box set and thus we end up with an extremely DNR'd OT. Still, bottom line though: I'll probably buy it. At the very least, I look forward to learning more.

12. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i like each release of SW films less and less.
    when the first DVD releases came out, and my sister bought it, she called me to tell me they changed the ending of RotJ and i told her i saw these movies in 97.
    no, she said they changed Anakin's ghost.

why and what for? we saw the fat aged man at the end, not that...

I doubt lucas went to his prom; he'd still be in his room right now still tweaking his suit.

and people forget lucas likes to erase his mistakes. so including the first 20 rough draft/theatrical releases on a Blu-Ray won't seem likely to me.

All i wanted was a hard core, HD copy of the 97 special editions minus that tacky Jabba & Han scene and post prequels ending at RotJ.

Not what we may find next year.

14. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

No sale, Lucas. No sale.

15. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I may be in the minority, but I find that whatever changes Lucas makes, whether I like them or not, doesn't affect my overall love of the Star Wars movies, or of Star Wars in general. Do I like that Greedo shoots first? No, of course not. Do I like that Christensen's head was Photoshopped onto Shaw's body? No. Do I still love it when the Death Star is destroyed? Yes! Do I still love Yoda's performance in Empire? Yes! Do I still love the lightsaber duels between Luke and Vader? Oh yeah! Do I still get excited when Luke makes his move at the Sarlacc Pit? Hell yes! Do I still love the Falcon flying out of the Death Star II seconds before it explodes? Absolutely! I make no apologies about my love of Star Wars and I'll be all over the blu ray set whenever it comes out, no matter what else is done to it.

16. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

The scene is indeed epic. Hopefully it will be included on BR.

Brought back memories of Shadows of the Empire (which should be made into an animated feature a la Clone Wars imo).

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Bought.
    Day one.

I hope the one scene they add to Episode I is when Qui-gon and Anakin are leaving Mos Espa they get discovered by one of Darth Maul’s probes.
    Qui-gon then tells Anakin they have to hurry and they run through the desert heat for miles.

Otherwise the scene makes little sense because Darth Maul and Qui-gon fight for about 30 seconds but when Qui-gon makes it aboard Padme’s ship he is lying on the ground, sweaty and out of breath.
    It just seems like Qui-gon is out of shape the way it is now.

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I may be in the minority, but I wish the scenes were incorporated into the movie. I mean it can't certainly be because Lucas doesn't want to preserve the original length or storylines, otherwise he wouldn't have added to the movies over the last 30 years. I really would have liked to see that Vader scene added to Jedi.

19. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Lucas yanked it from Youtube. Took longer than I thought it would have.

20. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Cool scene. Don't see why it wasn't added in the '97 Special Edition. I'd rather have this than the stupid new musical number they added.

As for deleted scenes, he should put the scene when Yoda lands on Degobah in Sith.

I still want to see what the Phantom Edit is like too.