Star Wars Lightsabers

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Razerwire, Dec 20, 2014.

1. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Received my Kylo saber today. I actually like it alot. The sound volume is actually pretty good on mine. The humming sound is not as loud as my Vader one but its not bad. All the other sounds are fine. Definitely worth $80.

2. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The second run and after of the saber that released this year sometime either around when the ANH luke/vader/yoda or the jedi luke is apparently really bad. Kinda a crapshoot I guess if you get a good one.

I've seen multiple vids on youtube of people's with damaged blades, loose side blade/exhaust ports, bad paint, defective electronics, etc.
    Awesome if you got a good one for $80 as it's well worth that, but the QC on that second run was apparently a nightmare.

Still love my original run kylo. Worth every bit of the full retail I bought that for.

3. SCPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah I read the same which is why I hesitated even at $80. I must have lucked out because mine is very good. No blade damage or looseness. Paint is fine. Sound is fine except for low humming.

Does anyone here use the maglite D cell bracket to mount their sabers? I read online it works well. It was only $6 shipped for a pair so I ordered a pair to see. Seems like a cheap alternative for mounting sabers to the wall. Apparently the hilt of Kylo saber is too thick to fit in the bracket but some use the cross guards to mount (would need two brackets).

4. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Y'all talking about $80 Kylos and I'm here with this wondering if I made the right choice:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Unfortunately you are going to need 2 maglite C cell clips for the kylo. Here's my little diy guide Star Wars Lightsabers

And for the regular hilt sabers Star Wars Lightsabers

You may be able to get away with the 2 D cell clips, but it's going to be a loose grip on the exhaust ports. The C cell grips them properly.
    You will not be able to grip the kylo hilt with the D cell clip, it's way too large.

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Sigh. I'm gonna get a good ROTJ Luke saber one day. Wonder if any of these saber places have small booths at Celebration so crazy dumbasses like me can impulse buy.

7. El Rey

El Rey Well-Known Member

I bought my BS Kylo via HTS earlier this year when they had a 25% off coupon, don't regret it at all.
    Was just at Barnes and Noble and they are selling sabers again and have a 25% off coupon that expires today if anyone is looking for a deal on Luke or Vader. (they sell Kylo too but nothing is gonna beat that Amazon deal)
    Really hope they re-release Mace at some point. I really regret getting rid of my MR one years ago.

8. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Emailed Saberforge out of curiosity today to see if they'd still honor the discount and extras from when they lost my saber a year ago. Turns out that they will. Might order one start of the year then, give it another go.

9. User_93049

News Credits:
    Hey Haloid, did you get a tracking number for your Prodigal Son last time before it was declared lost? I'm under the suspicion that they never got to even making your saber since I saw several of the same "USPS lost your saber" email around the web same time you did. Usually when a large amount of packages are sent the label and number is made prior to taking it to the post.

10. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I got a tracking number but it never updated so yeah you're probably right. Obviously if they fuck up again I will wage a personal war against that fucking company but I really just want a ROTJ Luke saber.

11. SCPrime

News Credits:
    dude, brilliant! I'm going to do that.

12. User_93049

News Credits:
    SF Templar with medium weathering done with Birchwood Casey aluminium black and paracord grip.

Tech Specs:

Prizm v4 with trident delay activation
    6 custom fonts
    Tri cree xpe2 RRW main
    Single cree xpe2 Red sides
    White clash and auxiliary effects
    Goth 3Designs all-in-one 3D printed chassis
    NCR18650b 3400mah 3.7v li-ion
    In hilt recharge
    KR-Sabers 28mm AEC highbass speaker
    Non lit 12mm AV switches
    28AWG milspec PTFE wire

https://www.facebook.com/pg/VanguardArmorySabers/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1183369115031462

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Guess I did make the right decision in getting this commissioned.

13. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Snagged a Luke Skwalker ROTJ green BS Force FX lightsaber off HTS using their discount and free shipping code before they sold out. Always did like the color and design of that one from the OT.

I know it'll be no Vader's Vault Hero lightsaber, but I'm still looking forward to getting my first lightsaber since I was a teen (had one of Vader's telescoping tube lightsabers from way back in the day before it broke).

EDIT: Also ordered Darth Vader's saber. Can't have light without the dark. :D  And picked up ANH Luke Skywalker blue lightsaber too. I wanted replicas from the OT (will probably pick up Obi Wan's saber if they ever offer it in the BS FFX lineup) and will see if their quality will warrant purchases from the other movies.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    GameStop has Vader's and both Luke's lightsaber for $100 each. SAVER promo code will get you free shipping. I'd personally call or check online to see if a local GS has them in stock. That way, if you have any old games, you can trade them in towards a saber.

15. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I've been thinking about buying another lightsaber, but first, I need to fix the one I have.

Last year, I ordered a Fury Elite (Mace Windu) saber from Vader's Vault with the works: covertec wheel, all 10 colors, flash on clash, etc. When all said and done, it was a $500+ saber. Production time took a few weeks longer than expected, but I received it okay and it was beautiful, well-designed and well worth the wait, although the box was beat to hell by the simians at USPS; the package was actually sitting on my porch opened, and on a rainy day of all days. I'm lucky all the contents were still inside and undamaged.

With light handling, the grips started peeling off from the hilt, so I inquired and was told that I could use Gorilla Glue to keep them in place. I needed it for a convention and didn't have time to send it back. Incidentally, while I was waiting for production, I was told that they were having issues curing the rubber grips, which contributed to the production delay.

Anyway, the saber worked fine, that is, until last weekend when I took it to an anime convention for a Star Wars cosplay photoshoot. Towards the middle of the day, the speaker started regressively sounding weaker and more muffled, and by the end of the day, any sound barely came through. I figured that the battery must be the contributing factor, so when I got home, I opened up the port to change it (as I bought multiples) and I found the speaker flopping around. I guess it blew itself out somehow, and that's odd because I never attempted to adjust the volume (although sound is maxed out upon delivery).

I sent VV a message on Sunday and hadn't heard back at all. I sent another follow-up message a couple of days ago and still hadn't heard back. I know they're busy, but geez. To not even reply back at all?!?

16. decops

decops Well-Known Member

Last time i sent them a message through their store it took like 2 months to get a response. I hear messaging them on facebook is quicker

17. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I'm still waiting on my Hero from them. Ordered May 4th. Anyway, messaged then a couple months ago and got nothing. They seem to be active on FX-sabers.com though.

18. User_93049

News Credits:
    I highly recommend talking to Deanna Johnson on Facebook, she and her husband own Vader's Vault, and helped me with upgrading my Havocs to full RGB and CS2.5 so I can have color changing and six sound fonts on the fly. Deanna Johnson | Facebook

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Thanks for that. I tried messaging them through their VV PM on Facebook, which they were very active on BEFORE I paid for the saber, but after, they would respond after a week. I understand that they're busy, but to go EMCON is unacceptable for a business, especially to a customer that has dropped several hundred dollars on their product.

I've seen some forums online and the only time they seem to promptly reply is to defend their name when someone is bashing the business.

20. User_93049

News Credits:
    Most of the time these days Deanna says to message her directly. Usually she responds within an hour, depending on how much work they've got on their hands. I'm pretty happy with how their work on my Havocs turned out. Goes great with my Templar.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]