Star Wars Lightsabers

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Razerwire, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, the Ultimate FX ones are plastic hilts and have shorter blades. It's basically for kids to whack things with.

The MR ones are heavy as hell. My Vader one is MR and it's heavy.

Do have to say the new Kylo is heaviest though.

If those 3M clips worked on heavier stuff, I would've preferred using them for all the wall mounts instead of having to put screws into the walls. But I'd rathe err on the safe side. :lol 

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  2. Coot83

Coot83 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Are your saberforge sabers lighter than the masters replica ones? I was worried for a minute that my length on the saber would of been short based off your pictures.

Coot

3. Razerwire

News Credits:
    My Katana is surprising light. Much lighter than ant of my Force FX ones. It makes twirling it around effortless.

It does have a 32" blade instead of their longest option. I opted for the 32" because katana are not that long.

4. Coot83

Coot83 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was checking out the black lotus more, is that def a new style or is that an older one? Im torn between either getting that one or the fury. Damn decision...

Coot

5. Razerwire

News Credits:
    It was one of the more recent ones. I think it was a venom the extra claws added.

6. Razerwire

News Credits:
  7. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I didn't know that about the length.Whats the difference on them? I've gotten so used the UFX,not sure i'd want a longer blade.Thanks for the heads up,i really didn't know that.

I never really thought about a way to mount them until you started talking about it.Now i'm looking for a way to mount mine.Didn't think about it before.Just tried my gun rack and while the hilt doesn't go all the way in.It does rest good enough you know it want fall out. Going to have to look at walmart the next time i'm out.

HA It would be funny to have a gun cabinet.Someone walks in and ask what kind of guns you have.You say "I have something much more elegant,sir....lightsabers"

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tell me about it, jeez. The one saber I regret not getting right away but with the re-release of line again I'm hoping Dooku is in the lineup to see another release.

9. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Yup, UFX blades are shorter.

For wall mounting I'd suggest what I used with the 3M Command solution. I'll take pics of it when I get home.

The ones I've been watching on eBay have been listed at $600-$700.

Do they even reissue the more obscure character sabers?

10. Lt. Faceless

That would be cool.Can you rigg it up so the blades hang by their hilts?Straight up and down? I like seeing how others have their sabers displayed. Any chance to get a length difference on the blades? Is it more then a couple inches? or do you only notice it when they are side by side?

11. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From the Star Wars subreddit:

[​IMG]

No Kanan, Kit, or Krell sabers? For shame, reddit.

Now, on the topic of my own saber, according to this guide I mirrored from TCSS, I'm gonna need about two inches of space inside my hilt to toss in a soundboard. I've already measured my hilt, and it's not enough room. Fortunately, my 2006 Ultrasaber is made of PVC piping, so all I'll need to do is cut out part of the pommel, glue new piping, and then repaint everything. Might go for a red and black deco this time around.

I removed some of my O-rings on the pommel to get a better feel for where I cut and what I glue. Looking through a Home Depot catalog to find good looking pipes will be a weird experience.

[​IMG]

Also, if you're curious as to what that "button" is on the emitter, that's actually the retention screw. Originally it was just a hex screw that I couldn't open by hand, so I took a hex nut and hammered it onto the screw so I don't need tools.

They the guys based in Singapore or something? I tried to look at their site, but it looks like they're operating out of a blogsite....

Oh yes, a grip is what people consider best, but the thing with my Ultra was that I preferred it when I removed a part of the rubber O-rings to thin out the hilt. It seemed so much more comfortable that way. Just gotta decide what kind of wrap and finish I want. I've already decided on a white LED.

Just went to their site. It looks like someone else took the domain name, it's just junk now.

12. Razerwire

News Credits:
    He's from Taiwan. I think he's a one man operation.

If Hasbro ever did a Ezra FFX, I'd buy it in an instant.

13. User_93049

News Credits:
    I'm interested in how they would implement the blaster portion. Don't see Hasbro making blaster replicas, only gun collectors, prop collectors, and airsoft players.

You know what I want to see people make? An Inquisitor saber. If they somehow made it spin using a combination of brush connectors like one would find in slot cars to keep the blades lit that would be amazing.

14. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I'd be okay with the gun part just having muzzle flashes and firing sounds. :lol 

The Inquisitor would be pretty awesome.

Seems like the Sith have all the cool looking hilts.

15. Razerwire

News Credits:
    So attached are the 3M Command things I'm using. Holds up to 4 lbs.

Attached Files:

16. Lt. Faceless

Fun little read.I like seeing the different hilts.Honestly,most of them look like a pain to hold.Ashoka or Sidious looks like the style i would want if i build one.I like yours.Looks like it is to easy grip and not alot to get in the way of how you hold it.

An Inquisitor saber like that would be badass.To bad one of the saber maker don't use our tip.The slot car idea is genius.

I like that.Doesn't take away from the sabers at all.Going to have to look at getting some of those.Good call on those,really is the best opition i've seen yet.

17. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Yeah I do wish they could've handled more weight. Otherwise I would've used them for all the sabers.

18. User_93049

News Credits:
    Dude, you have no idea how difficult it is to hold some of those sabers. The T-strips on the Anakin and Vader sabers are so out of place, it's amazing how Hayden was able to constantly spin his saber on film.

Which saber maker and what tip? As far as I know, every saber maker doesn't want to make it because they have no idea where to start. Besides the spinning portion, having the handguards fold over isn't something to easily engineer. Hell, even the Hasbro version of the toy doesn't spin. The only spinning Hasbro saber that's been released is the Greivous saber, and that crap was two individual sabers connected via a plastic handle.

[​IMG]

Drill holes into the wall if you can.

19. Coot83

Coot83 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well Razer after asking you a billion questions, I decided to get the black lotus with a purple blade! Cant wait to start terrorizing the roommate when it comes in! Is it somewhat rare for saber forge to make sabers from characters that arnt licensed like the black lotus? I think it would be cool if they made one somewhat like Pre Vizslas sword saber even if they had to use a standard blade for it.

Coot

20. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I think they went out of business a few years ago. But they certainly did a great job building my saber. Here is a crappy pic of it.

[​IMG]