Star Wars Legacy

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Overhaulimus, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I did a search for this topic and didn't see any,so if this is a repost then I apologize.

So has anyone else read this series yet?

From what I understand it's not done yet.

The story is set 137 years after Episode 4:A New Hope.

As most SW stories it revolves around a Skywalker.

I absolutely love this series and it's gonna suck when it's gone.

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I started reading it a couple months ago, around the time that #18 came out. I'm enjoying it a lot. It has a good cast and a really cool take on the Star Wars universe. It's cool to see them trying something new with Star Wars instead of more stuff with Obi-Wan and Anakin or Han and Luke. Cade is a pretty cool character and Darth Talon is just plain hot.

3. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I like the series.... but I can't find time to read it.

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    ive been buying it, but havent read an issue since 11 i think...i'm way behind...and keep thinking about dropping it, but havent yet...this and dark times....

5. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    Yea Cade is an awesome character,and I knew the whole Darth Talon is hawt thing would come up at some point lol.In one of the issues they had some pictures of women dressed up as her.

6. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    One of my favorite comics currently on the market. Cade and Darth Talon have become my favorite Star Wars characters ever in a little under a year.

It's a refreshing take on the Star Wars Expanded Universe. I love the Sith Order and more western /Firefly take on it.

Good stuff

7. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

See, I couldn't get into it because it seemed to just be comprised of bits and pieces of existing material and not new/fresh. Another Skywalker, a Sith Lord who turns out to be a character introduced during Republic, assorted stock SW alien minions dressed up as Darth Maul, etc. I read the first arc and dropped it. I kept up with KotOR a little longer but eventually dropped that as well.

When you get right down to it, I'm just not that interested in stuff that takes place way, way before the movies or way, way after. Old Republic/Jedi vs. Sith history is more appealing, particularly that which dovetails into info about the Jedi and Sidious/Sith introduced in the movies. But I'm mostly just interested in the period immediately before the movies, the cracks in between and early post-ROTJ material like the Thrawn Trilogy/other Zahn.

But..the best thing about the EU is you can kinda pick and choose what's canon to you.

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Sounds interesting. Are any of them collected in Trades?

9. Switchblade

News Credits:
    See, that's the thing. I don't read the EU anymore. Haven't for years. I've always felt that the EU is ruined by having too many writers all wanting to take the universe in their own directions (Luke's love life is a prime example of this - Zahn created Mara to end up with Luke, Anderson decided Mara should be with Lando, someone else decided to create their own girl for Luke, someone else didn't like her and wrote her out, Zahn brought back Mara and settled it by marrying her to Luke). It became too much of a headache to follow.

What I like about Legacy is that it's so far removed from the rest of the EU that it doesn't have to deal with anything else in it. And Legacy only has one writer, so you don't have to worry about anyone else coming in and changing the book's direction.

10. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Ships are fucking ugly (the Galactic Core fighter is the most hideous thing in Star Wars, period. It looks like speedboat that smacked into a windmill, the Predator is also incredible ugly). I miss the ARC-170 and the X-wing type of style.

Cliche plot (Sith rise, Jedi get FUBARED again and after what, 100 years?)

Also in a 100 freaking years Stormtrooper armor is still the same design?!

Bobba Fett is not around.

Haven´t seen any Mandalorians.

In short, I dislike it.

11. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I buy all of the SW comics and it has been my favorite. Cade is such a badass. He's supposed to be the good guy but he's not really that nice.

12. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

There are two trades out so far (the second was just released last week).

Nobody mentioned the Imperial Knights - the gray Jedi? Very cool idea IMO.

13. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Technology in the Star Wars universe is pretty stagnant. If you compare Knights of the Old Republic to Return of the Jedi, you really don't see many advances in technology. That's 4000 years, which is way more than the gap between RotJ and Legacy.

Look harder. There's a recurring Mandalorian character named Hondo Karr.

14. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

I love it, but then I love John and Jan's Star Wars work (Quinlan Vos FTW!), How ever I hate how long it takes for the new Trades to come out as I don't collect the individual issues. I will say I enjoy KOTOR just as much as Legacy and love how the Trades seem to come out slightly faster. Oh and to those Mandy fans looking for there fix check out KOTOR as it's set during the Madalorian War.

15. gil

gil Godmaster

Yes, very cool idea, IMO. The thing about them that I thought was very cool, is that their uniform is like the Royal Guards. And for some reason, i thought the Royal Guards were friggin cool. The only other Star Wars comic I picked up was the two Crimson Empire series.

16. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    Ok first point you made,it's the natural order of the force in the SW universe.There must be a balance.

Second,Fett is dead.Has been for sometime after ROTJ,happened in a book and now sure which one it was.

You have to keep in mind that the time's change and not every character can live forever and not everything is gonna stay the same.

17. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I really love this series, especially when Duursema's pencilling the issue. Her work is just awesome! When there's a fill in artist or a secondary story, I tend to lose interest.

18. Switchblade

News Credits:
    I'd also add that the entire concept of him surviving the Saarlac pit in the first place was ridiculous.

19. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Is that one where Luke Skywalker is dead and it's about his son?

Does the setting even reflect off all the stuff that went down in New Jedi Order?

20. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Cade is a few generations removed from Luke. And I don't know all that went on in the New Jedi Order, but the Yuzhon Vong have a presence and Jacen Solo's Sith name popped up a few issues ago.