Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by SHIELD Agent 47, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Looks like the original game is coming to Switch. That's good enough for me, especially at $15.

• Like Like x 2
  2. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

Definitely very good for me. I never played the original game back in the day. I have watched other people playing KOTOR on YouTube plus SF Debris' review of it. Looking forward to doing my own playthrough of the game itself and I even have my own take of the player character in mind.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

KOTOR II was Obsidian using Bioware engine.

I'm curious if they are going to retain the original d20 game mechanics. That was something coming from the d20 OGL craze but this pen-and-paper originated mechanics might feel awkward these days.

4. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is one potential answer. KOTOR doesn't fit with the Disney cannon. We haven't had a lot of things reference events prior to the High Republic, but KOTOR the game establishes some things that could be problems down the line. So I'd imagine there's some massaging of the story to fit the new EU cannon.

For the record, I'm not a fan of super strict continuity so while this is likely a factor, it gets a big shoulder shrug from me.

The other reason is KOTOR did have things left out due to the social climate of the time, such as the potential lesbian relationship the game strongly hints at for a female Revan. Hell relationships for the female Revan need a rewrite anyways. I've said that earlier in the thread, and I'll stand by that. The Carth/Female Revan relationship is pretty pointless.

I'd also say that smoothing out the dialogue options so things escalate in evil/good would be great. You can be 100% lightside and still have the option to rob a widow blind. Or 100% dark and still do a light side swerve at the end. That has never made sense.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I can't have a romance with Zaalbar in the remake this game is a total pass for me.

il_570xN.345341294.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime WORLD CHAMPS! Chop on!

Soooo…
    You want nookie with a Wookiee?

:confused2