Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by SHIELD Agent 47, Jan 25, 2022.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

So many jedis that survived Order 66 and the Empire that, to quote DBAbriged Freeza:

"Between and the monkey, I seem to have lost my touch at genocide."

2. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

To be fair, the success rate of Order 66 is actually pretty good for Ol'Sheev.

During the Clone Wars there was still around 10,000 Jedi, after Order 66, there's only about 30+ individuals.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Wiping out most of 10,000 is still like over 9,000 anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Preorder is up and the bonus is Obi-Wan Kenobi inspired robes and blaster.

5. Chopperface

News Credits:
    It’s so weird that as good as the first game was, I just am not feeling any hype for this one. Maybe because it is such a departure so to speak. The last time we were shown how Cal has to escape the Inquisitors, but this time it feels like a lot of new territory. That’s still perfectly fine, however. Better that than do exactly what came before. I’m still going to deeply miss Trilla because she was such a massive part of why the first game kicked ass, easily one of the best Star Wars villains.

Also, I know why obviously you don’t fight Vader because you simply can’t. But I would’ve been down for him to be added to the tournament mode as a digital recreation or something. We need a Data boss mode like Kingdom Hearts, just so we can live out fantasies of fighting Maul, Vader, Sidious, etc.

But then again, that’s another strength of the game, that you don’t get fanservice just for the sake of fanservice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Autoboticon

Looks like Cal not only has to deal with the Empire, a new faction using CIS tech, an awaken dark Jedi from before the clone wars but now he's trying to protect either a planet or system from the Empire's clutches and keep it hidden from them.

Cool

• Like Like x 1
  7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Same. Fallen Order was a breath of fresh air and I was really excited to see where it went, but this one... I dunno, just doesn't grab me. The graphics, movement, combat, etc all seem just so slightly off.

8. TheAirWolf

TheAirWolf Well-Known Member

The only thing I didn't like about Fallen Order was the backtracking of the maps. "What do you mean I can't proceed until I get [insert Jedi power here]?!!!"

I'm still a sucker for anything Jedi and lightsabers so I'm going to get it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Okay that story trailer is a little interesting. So the guy who got unfrozen is a Jedi from the High Republic, someone who’s only known peace compared to someone who’s only known war and the fall of the Jedi. That’s a hell of a culture clash, it can’t be pretty to wake up and everything you had was brought down by your own order’s mistakes. That said, Cal was just a padawan and a pretty blank slate so I’m not sure how deep the conflict will be. If the frozen guy is the big bad at least he has a good backstory, but again, Cal not having that much to say about the fall means his point is not really gonna last that long.

Really missed Merrin, sick that she looks playable. Greez, I really hated him on the first playthrough because he came off as really unlikable, but when I watched a playthrough last year he didn’t bother me at all for some reason. So I’m happy to see him back too.

I’m not a fan of how much more complex things look here, as if the original game wasn’t already tedious enough at times.

The main reason I haven’t replayed it is because of how tedious and huge the maps are. That early planet, like the second one you go to, good lord, I was getting lost there and I stopped having fun. Dathomir was such a long run too that I only went through there once.

10. Autoboticon

Zeffo, ya, like they are fun, but when I think about all the backflips I'd have to do to find all the collectibles, I dunno I don't think I have the time or energy for that.

Much rather just run around from time to time until this new game comes.

That being said I am definitely down for all the new fauna, new races, new factions and other lore pieces that are going to be canon.

I hope this guy is important cause I really like his design.

Attached Files:

11. Chopperface

News Credits:
  12. Autoboticon

Lots of Reviewers got to play about 4 hours of the game.

Some no spoilerish updates.

Kobo is the planet where the main hub to return to is, as you progress in the game, more npcs will show up to unlock more side quests, shops will open and other cosmetic unlockables you can interact with like rooftop gardens that you can plant seeds you find to make it up however you like.

Greez's cantina will have quests where you will hep build it up, such as finding a DJ for the place. Which after unlocking that, you can change the music, which is an extensive library.

Cal and BD-1 have now extensive customization. From hair, facial hair, different types of outfits entirely and every part of your lightsaber can now be changed however you like for Cal. While BD-1 now is entirely customizable, from head, eye lens, attachments, body, leg and even interior customization.

Both Cal and BD-1 have unlockable skills and now even bonus perks you can attach to their character builds to help out in different situations.

Customizable goods can be bought by a new character in one of the shops using a new resource called Piorite Shards which can be found hidden throughout the game and as rewards. You can also find Scavenger Droids carrying amounts of these shards, but you will have to sneak up on them, because if you are seen they will quickly run away and dig into the ground where afterwards you're shit out of luck and have to wait for another encounter.

Once a creature can be tamed, you can tame any each one whenever you encounter it. All creatures that can be tamed can be found in different colors and patterns, this gives players incentive to tame one's they like the most and return them to the stables where they can then stay and be picked from whenever you want.

Skill tree has more skills to unlock and Cal even has a new force power where you can make an enemy attack another enemy. This works on creatures as well.

Lightsaber stances are equitable and can be changed on the the fly, including a blaster stance that allows you to quickly shoot enemies in slowed down time.

Extensive enemy variety, npc variety, world interactions and hidden encounters and areas to sidetrack the player.

Challenge Rooms have lots of variety and can be quite difficult.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Hope that the music library for Greez’s cantina has Hondo’s theme. :D 

14. Autoboticon

Apparently Greez's cantina also has a customizable aquarium.

15. Chopperface

News Credits:
    I just learned today that this isn’t going to be on PS4. I guess my lack of interest meant I wasn’t going to notice that until now. But jeez. That blows, I don’t think I’m anywhere near getting a PS5.

16. Autoboticon

Ya, it sucks for sure since I don't have a PS5 yet either.

Seems the reasoning was simply for performance, there was going to be problems with it running on the PS4 and they didn't want to limit the experience of it by reducing graphics/resolution.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Yeah I can understand. It’s a shame, my PS4 still runs really, really well, I don’t want to upgrade since it’s still working great. But on the upside PS5 is more available now, Amazon says they could ship me one tomorrow if I wanted. Guess I’ll see if I can start setting some money aside for it.

18. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't even have a ps4, think about how I feel lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chopperface

News Credits:
    I got one in 2015 when it was 2 years old. I feel like the thing’s lifespan flew by. Though the shortage of PS5’s plus the general bizarre passage of time in the last three years from the pandemic didn’t help either.

20. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I'm quite looking forward to this.

I've been replaying the first one through on Grand Master difficulty. Once the game stops forcing you to fight rats and moles constantly it becomes a fun ride.

I'm hoping that the sequel has more emphasis on stormtrooper/battledroid/bounty hunter combat.