STAR WARS - General Topic Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by DarkEnergon22, Jan 21, 2018.

1. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    I want one.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  3. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    I don’t know? Maybe. It all worked fine for me. It’s a kind of damned if you do damned if you don’t scenario. I think a casual viewer would think it’s a fairly natural progression, fairly. It all fits together fine message wise, except for Palpatine I have to watch it again. The Sith stuff is an interesting addition it certainly adds some new aspects to what’s been going on. If you’re a fan of the Bane stories.

Palpatine’s journey.

Twitter

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2019
  4. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

Regardless, it's the first time we saw that design in a SW movie, so I stand by my original statement (which was partly intended to be a joke anyways).

• Like Like x 1
  5. User_93049

News Credits:
    20191220_111401.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker:
    This is like Return of the Jedi, if it sucked. Easily the least good 3rd part of all trilogies. Say what you will about The Last Jedi, but that had a tighter script and a much clearer vision. Rise of Skywalker is all over the place with many moments that makes you go "Wait, what?!" like

Hox being the spy? Where did this come from? Or Ben seeing the ghost of his father when Han was not even a Jedi? This General Pryde who served under Palpatine? How old was he when he did?

I will say the thing I liked best in it bringing the ST gang together because that was one of things I greatly missed from TLJ; seeing Rey, Finn and Po together in one journey instead of getting scattered everywhere. Everything else felt like a halfassed attempt to "fix" the faults of TLJ and most of it didn't click with me.

So you get stuff like
    Rey training and then making a grave mistake which look like they're an answer to her "Mary Sue Rey" complaints, making ReyLo a thing :puke: , Luke's X-Wing being functional and able to fly, Leia has been training with the Force, the Knights of Ren, and most importantly giving Rey her bullshit origin!

And then you have
    Palpatine... so he was a character in the movie, not a flashback cameo... I love the character and his actor, but bringing him back was a stupid idea that could've been avoided if they did not of Snoke in The Last Jedi. And of all the thing Disney chose to bring from EU was Palpatine's clones and retconing Snoke to be one. And I don't know which was more pathetic death for him: Thrown down the shaft in ROTJ or getting zapped by his reflected lightning in the face when we saw it only scarred his face in ROTS.

In other word: This movie did not live up to its hype. I was disappointed with some of The Last Jedi but I didn't hate it. The Rise of Skywalker on the other hand, while wasn't horrible, but it didn't make a good impression.

5/10

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  8. User_93049

News Credits:
    I bet they chose to play as a female Revan

9. Pharoid

News Credits:
    ROS thought of the moment.

Rian broke all JJ’s TFA toys and JJ plugged Christmas lights into all of Rian’s TLJ ideas.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The sequels really come off as a boxing fight between two different directors...

• Like Like x 6
  11. Pharoid

News Credits:
    They do if you are super-plugged in. I thought Rian brought up some really important and interesting ideas. I think JJ understands SW on a pretty superficial level. Some of his “punches” came off as cute to me. I didn’t see the vindictiveness that some of the critics seem to latch on to. It just worked for me.

Rian - Anyone can be a Jedi / Hero
    JJ - Even
    Palpatine’s heir
    So SW. I love it. Maybe it’s just me.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:

Well...at least are the visuals decent? :lol  I'm hoping so. I see it tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Oh, I'm not sure there's any vindictiveness, but there are definitely two different visions going on and I feel like that hurts the cohesiveness of the sequel trilogy on the whole. To me, TROS really feels like it's a direct sequel to TFA and it seems to ignore TLJ wherever it can. Maybe it's just because we went from nostalgia to subversion, and then back to super nostalgia? I really feel the trilogy should have either had one director or a firm plan in place with key points the directors needed to follow. And keep in mind that while I say all this as someone who's not a fan of the TLJ for the most part (I enjoy parts of it) that I did enjoy Rian's Knives Out so I don't particularly have any beef with him as a creator... well... with the exception of how he interacts with fans who have dissenting opinions about his work, but that won't stop me from enjoying a film he's made if it's good.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pharoid

News Credits:
    I agree. I just enjoy the ST for what it is. I wasn’t a huge fan of TFA I unlike a great many people however like the ST characters so that goes a long way to enjoying the movies. I know a lot of people hate them or are genuinely disinterested in them. I never really took them as one-upping the OT characters, though I understand why many people feel that way. I just thought it had more to do with what you can do with movie now. If Lucas could have had Luke floating boulders around him he would have. On that note we need to go easier on the Force powers Disney, jeez take it down a notch.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

To this day, I wonder why in God’s name did the directors thought that the sequel hook in Solo was acceptable..... It’s probably the worst one in any movie. Just tell people to watch Star Wars Rebels :p 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Too many threads and posts to read but looks like similar discussion here so I'll just quote my post from the other thread.

I already have tickets to see it again in Dolby Vision on Christmas Eve. It's gonna be nice seeing it in that quality.

17. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    It’s like the JJ version of revenge of the sith

18. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, but it looks like it was edited by someone on crack.

19. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    A7A28BB6-1430-43EA-9294-528AED2CA656.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    So the
    bad guy winning by having his own bloodline usurp the legacy of the only heroes who defeated him is a good film?

In the same universe where Leia's republic kicked her out because she was the daughter of Vader?

How does that make sense in your view?

• Like Like x 1