STAR WARS - General Topic Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by DarkEnergon22, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Disney's explanation is that the crystals are "bled" by the sith.

Bleeding

• Like Like x 1
  2. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I don't think it's out of character the Empire did this. In the Old EU they made it clear that Palpatine crapped all over any Jedi holy site, relic, holocron, etc he could find. That was a fun afternoon activity for him.

It's a big deal that it's a clear continuity revision. It would have been much more impactful if that was a part of TFA. I would say though, I'm not sure how it would have worked into TFA. Rey wouldn't have known. Han wouldn't have known. Fin wouldn't have known. Leia wouldn't have known. Luke might have known, but it's not 100% guaranteed he would have. Regardless he doesn't show up. I doubt seriously Kylo would have known. The only character that is likely to have known was Snoke, and then only if he's got some connection to the Old Republic. As I understand what little we know is that he's from the Outer Rim, so even he might not have known.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    I like the idea of bleeding the crystals. It’s kind of cool would like to see it in a movie.

4. Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    I don't mind it, and it's better than just tradition, but now you see why I say that it is a logic issue with Kylo. He supposedly messed up with his crystal, but why not just grab a new one if you are on the planet that they are from?

5. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

There's a lot of the stuff in the new Marvel comics canon that I don't care for, but I actually think the bleeding of the kyber crystals is pretty brilliant.

I works well with my personal belief/preference that the Force itself is inherently light, and that the dark side is not a natural balance but instead a corruption/cancer within the natural Force.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

It actually works better even with the old EU canon, because the old canon had ancient Dark Jedi and Sith using metal blades before there were lightsabers and the Force emanation on those weapons was also red in spite of, you know... No focusing crystals being built into weapons.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Right, and in the EU, I also like that lightsabers are originally weapons of the Jedi only, and it's only when expelled/Dark Jedi meet the Sith Purebloods, that lightsabers are eventually used by them as well.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    So, here's a thought I had. Has there ever been any Jedi, Sith, or other Force user that used an orange lightsaber? We've had blue, green, red, purple, black (though only for the Darksaber), yellow, and white (or is it gray?), but no orange. Does it exist? And if so, what does it represent?

9. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I thought there was at least one in the Tales of the Jedi comics, but couldn't remember so did a quick search and found this:

Has there ever been an orange lightsaber in Star Wars? - Quora

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    But if he fixes the lightsaber how can it also be a metaphor for him? Unstable blade, unstable Kylo.

11. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Galaxay's edge did a life day event! Yes a star wars holiday special event at Disneyland!

• Like Like x 2
  12. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Lowbacca had one that was described as "bronze" in the Legends EU, but whenever it was drawn it was basically orange.

13. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ahhh! Not the planet from the episodes with the David Tennant droid! How disappointing.

• Like Like x 2
  14. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Not really sure why you're bringing the "Disney Wars" stuff into this? Makes sense that the Empire would want to go after Ilum, being so rich in Kyber crystals. In the Ahsoka novel, it was already being stripmined for resources, and in the prequel novel to Rogue One, other planets rich in Kyber were being harvested as well.

15. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    So far that we know, there's Gina Carano (Cara Dune), and Emily Swallow (the Armorer), and Alexandra Manea (who plays a mother in one episode). And that's just in the first two episodes for the latter two mentioned. Whoever may show up in the later episodes, we'll see I guess.

Either way, when this series hit blu ray, bought on sight!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2019
  16. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    The show is fine for doing pretty much two solo episodes about its main character but they’re valid to want to see female characters, especially when two of them are on the A-tier caliber of Gina and Ming-Wa who haven’t shown up yet.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Too bad the name appears already in the very first draft Lucas wrote and that a) the character is then a background nobody, and b) the hero's father was a known character. Even in the final draft prior to filming started, Luke's father was named Annikin and he was killed in the opening scene of the movie by Darth Vader (which was changed to Leia being taken prisoner). And when ESB was written Luke didn't see the ghost of Kenobi guiding him to Yoda, but the ghost of his father, Anakin Skywalker. Only after Lucas disliked the written script (and the author was dead) did he change this during the rewrites when he came upon the idea to make Luke's father an already established character.

Lucas looked for interesting sounding, unusal names. Darth is such an actually existing name that is very uncommon and sounds strange (to American audiences). And the same for Vader. (I once read somewhere that Lucas was bullied in school by a kid whose last name was Vader.)

I can assure you, that completely was not an issue :) .

The pronounciation is completely different. The Dutch word vader (father) has an "ah" sound (same as in German): if you combine the Vader from Darth Vader and pronounce the A as an ah (as in father), you're pretty close to the Dutch pronounciation.

Can't remember how they did it in the subtitles, but in the Dutch novelisations they changed Darth Vader's name to how it was pronounced in English, using an E instead of an A: vEder (funny enough, a "veder" is old dutch for the current word "veer" which translate as feather :D ).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    The show is introducing the characters slow enough to give them a chance to develop.

• Like Like x 8
  19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Indeed. Plus is everyone forgetting the Armorer who showed up in episode one was female with those comments? Not to mention an armorer is somewhat sacred in Mandalorian culture if I'm not mistaken. I get that the average person watching this may not understand that. However, even if she's not a main character she's still an important figure and I assume we'll be seeing more of her as it looks like he'll be upgrading his weaponry over time. Plus, as was mentioned, Gina Carano's Cara Dune is listed as a main character for the show... they just haven' introduced her yet because they're pacing the story telling in this thing.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Okay. I'm done here.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4