STAR WARS - General Topic Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by DarkEnergon22, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
  3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  4. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot A Very Stable Genius TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I agree with that.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    I don’t see the point of it. He’s dead. We know how the story ends. These pointless endeavors between movies seem, well pointless. What are they going to do retcon him into also starting the Rebellion?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I just don’t see how it would fit or why it would be necessary outside of a cameo. Samuel L. Jackson is in good shape for his age, but he’s starting to look older than he did in the prequels. Also, I just don’t think there’s a story for him after The Clone Wars series. Now, I’d love to see another movie set in the prequel era, and maybe they could bring him in for a couple scenes and digitally de-age him for that like they did in Captain Marvel.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

Meh. Beyond that whole last-seen-with-his-arms-lopped-off-by-Anakin-and-Sith-lightning-blasted-across-Coruscant-by-Palpatine thing, I don't think this franchise needs to be putting its chips on another excuse for nostalgia-milking.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thankfully it'll never happen, so nothing to worry about. If they couldn't get people to give a shit about Han Solo's ridiculously contrived prequel 'backstory' aka arguably the coolest / most popular character from the entire series, Mace "Who... the lame purple lightsaber dude from the terrible prequels??" Windu of all people wouldn't stand a chance.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

^^ As much as I enjoyed the Solo movie, I "lol'ed."

:D 

• Like Like x 3
  13. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

They retconned Maul's death. I am sure that a skyscraper isn't that much taller than a planetary power shaft is deep.

• Like Like x 5
  14. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    True but they’ve been retconning Maul’s death forever, Comics, CWs and then Solo. Lucas killed Maul way too early, fans love that character.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    Honestly, this is why I actually want to see a Mace Windu movie/show. Han was already an awesome character, with a fully developed personality and a great character arc. There's nothing a spinoff could have done to add much more depth to the character. The idea was pretty much doomed from the start.

Mace has always been kind of a blank slate though. He's mostly just "stoic legalistic Jedi". Taking that character, and exploring him post-ROTS would make for a really interesting deconstruction. We could see Mace's outlook on the Jedi change, after their blindness led to the fall of the Republic. We could see Mace go from an uppity legalistic Jedi to a true defender of the people. Plus, a grizzled, world-weary Mace Windu would be the perfect role for Samuel Jackson to play.

Edit: Personally, I feel like Lucasfilm needs to look at minor (and slightly underdeveloped) characters for spinoffs. They've done all they can do with characters like Han, Chewie, Vader, and Yoda. This is why I really want to see a Boba Fett movie. He's a fan-favorite, but he's barely been developed, he's never gone through an arc or anything. They need to get him out of the Sarlaac and explore how his defeat affects his career as a bounty hunter, something like that. There's a great story to be told there.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  16. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, but my point is that Windu surviving wouldn't be any more ridiculous. :p 

• Like Like x 6
  17. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

At this point, I'd rather they just waited to see how "The Mandalorian" fares before making any more plans for future movies. If it does well enough, I hope that success would give Disney the impetus to say, "Hey, maybe we DON'T have to keep beating the same characters and plot devices into the ground! Maybe folks just want us to put effort into making good stories that just happen to be set in the Star Wars universe!"

...yeah, I know I'm dreamin'.

• Like Like x 4
  18. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    Fair point. I am just not sure there is enough wanting for that much suspension of disbelief.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I feel like Mace surviving is far less ridiculous. Darth Maul was literally cut in half, which was a very explicit death. Mace technically never died. Him being thrown out the window is often taken as his death scene, but it's really not. He could have caught himself a few stories down, fallen onto a speeder, or simply survived the impact and broken some bones (depending on how tall that building was). Remember all the jumping from windows and speeders Obi-Wan and Anakin did in AOTC? Not to mention Luke survived a huge fall without a hand in ESB. In a world where a guy who got cut in half can come back to life, Mace's return is a no-brainer. Same getting Boba out of the Sarlaac. At last we saw them, both were still alive.

20. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    Except then arguably the most powerful Jedi of his day survived an attack by Palpatine and Vader but went on to accomplish absolutely nothing of significance. Nothing, no effect on the OT, no memory of his exploits post the attack. There is no reason to bring him back because even if they did he was able to do nothing between his “death” and ANH. It would only cheapen his character.

• Like Like x 1