Star Wars Figures/Toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by payres, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

That was you! You asshole! I'll have you know I already took a bath earlier that week. :cry 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I must meet the most hygienic nerds in the world when I go to this type of event.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    :lolol 

You know, when I used to help run Metrocon (an anime convention) here in Tampa, FL we actually had to have standing rules for personal hygiene of guests and, sadly, security was forced to kick people out of the convention for it more times than I'd care to remember. But that's nothing compared to the parents who would drop their kids off for the duration of the convention at the convention center with no money for a room (many were too young to rent a room even if they had money) and barely enough money for food and then not come back for them until either the convention was over or we called their parents if we caught them. Many of them would try to sleep in the convention suit, a special room we set up with free snacks and drinks if you bought an all weekend pass, as if this was okay. So, really not surprised I've seen similar stuff going on at events like Force Friday in this area.

4. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can we talk about how amazing the K-2SO Black Series figure is?

The poseability and detail in the figure is amazing for 20 dollars.

5. just1nj

just1nj pro genji

Wal-mart here was okay. Dude thought he was supa hot fire because he got the BS Death Trooper I put back. The paint job had marks and it had a warped blaster.

6. Slave IV

This is one of the more intriguing characters to me so far. Been considering if I should get an elite version and BS...I probably will, given the right price (less than $20).

That's one of the other bothersome thing about these things...In the chance where you do find a figure you want, more often than not, if you look at it closely (as you should with all BS/ML/Hasbro figures if you care about getting a good one), it has some annoying defect. When I got my last Kylo Ren figure, there was stacks of at least 10-15 of them and I still wasn't able to walk away completely satisfied with the one I chose. QC is all over the place with these things and mostly on the bad end. That's what makes paying twice or more for an SHF so much more satisfying to me. Knowing I get a good figure that even at the worst case, is better done than the best BS.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  7. just1nj

just1nj pro genji

The elite version is very nice in person. I chose the BS version over it though.. for now. I'll probably pick up the elite one for $15 next year when VIII product gets released.

8. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    I wish I hadn't ordered mine from amazon last night, since I found one at Walmart this am that I had to pass on. He looks so neat.

Edit: Also, I think I am in el - oh - ve - ee with this Death Trooper.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  9. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have nooo clue. Saw some other pics that appear to be at the same place that are of trooper displays for Rogue One. So I presume some sort of showcase Tamashii Nations uses to show off upcoming figures centered around primarily Rogue One. (Know they have one just can't think of where exactly it is.. but it's some store in Japan.)

Also this thread is what made me aware of there being a Darth Revan minifigure LEGO was doing for Force Friday... That I would have liked to get too. Apparently it went super fast which sucks. :( 

10. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Picked a death trooper at target while picking up some meds. Ordered the Droid from Amazon.

11. Mattress

Mattress Well-Known Member

K2s0 is going to be HUGE once the movie hits. The simple facts we know already, an outstanding figure, and a killer voice. Best snatch one up now, y'all...

12. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked up the BS Droid & the lead male guy (sorry don't remember his name) at Target after work. Didn't bother going out at midnight or before work since all of these figures will be easy to find in a few weeks.

Saw a few Rey's but no sign of Jinn, Kylo or Death Trooper (I'm still surprised they went with that name)

To bring it above $50 for the $10 off, I also got the Revell AT-ACT kit. I found I really enjoyed the ones for Ep7. Sure not going to buy the figure scaled one for $300

13. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nothing can quite prepare your eyes for this being marked $299.99

[​IMG]

14. Slave IV

That's pretty cool but not $300 cool for me. I'd rather just have a more accurate looking one for less...Like the Legacy version I already have.

15. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I can see it now. There will be a YouTube video of someone flying one around. Someone will think it's a drone and blow it out of the sky with a shot gun. $300 down the drain.

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Just picked up the Unmasked Kylo Ren. Nothing really new here outside of the unmasked head. Wish Hasbro had included the masked head too like they did for the SDCC version, but oh well. For the damned price though...

17. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Eh, I don't know. Kylo Ren was missing for months prior to and following the movie's release, but by early Spring he was easy to find filling pegs, and with better soft goods and detailing than the Force Friday one to boot. I got mine off Amazon and was lucky that I got the revision. So while I like Potassium Sulfate Robot a bunch, I'm willing to wait and see if I find him naturally, even if that's months down the line. I'm also interested to see if his clear joints will be a problem.

18. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Does he have the cape/hood that the SDCC one had? It seems weird to me that they kept that.

19. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I already ordered one on TRU for $15.99 as well as the SH Figuarts. Honestly, if it weren't for it being $15.99 I wouldn't have ordered it. I would have waited to find it in the stores.

20. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

The shuttle is kick ass. :thumb  Took months to find the little S.O.B. so I'm glad it wasn't a let down.

100_3752.JPG