Star Wars Figures/Toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by payres, Feb 11, 2006.

1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Just like legendary Yoda, got mine for $20 from wm while tru still had them at fill price.

2. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

3. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Is that some sort of sky trooper? What's the hose going back around the left shoulder?

4. MetalicGrunt

News Credits:
    Thats the ESB Prototype Stormtrooper Commando aka Supertrooper Armor. Idea got canned, but armor turned into Boba Fett. He has tubes on his right and left, running from his gauntlets to shoulder pockets -powers flamethowers and missile/dart launchers.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  5. Slave IV

Not the Fett prototype, I'm asking about the Stormtrooper on the right. Is that just something else I'm seeing coming from his neck and going over his left shoulder? Thanks!

6. MetalicGrunt

News Credits:
    Ah ok - That's the Spacetrooper - Designed for zero-g operations in vacuum of space. Backpack is a military style re-breather. Seen in A New Hope for about 5 seconds when the Falcon is shown being pulled into the death star.

Attached Files:

7. Slave IV

Ah right! I forgot about those guys. Thanks! I'd still love to see some good figures of the Star Tours Sky Troopers.

8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    What's your plan for Force Friday?

I could not get the time off, so I asked some friends and family to help me out. My mom agreed to help me pick up some Rogue One Lego for me. I have not heard back from my friend to see if he is going to Toysrus because he's a big Star Wars fan. And I have one acquaintance who has helped me multiple times with Disney Store exclusives, but I don't know if she is willing to go for this one.

9. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Nothing. The SWB figures will be everywhere in a month or two and likely at sale prices, just like last year, and Hasbro will likely repack the figures into future waves at that. I learned my lesson last year. If there is something I really, truly want, I'll get it on Amazon when they put their Force Friday stuff up.

It will only be the stuff released in a theoretical wave 4 or 5 that will be hard to get. I remember everyone complaining about Waves 1 - 3 pegwarming and they couldn't find Hux or Ahsoka.

I did preorder Jyn just now because she's only $15.99 @ Amazon, and she isn't getting a figure so far from any of the import companies. I'll likely just wait on Figuarts and Mafex to crank out the non-humans and just skip the rest of the SWB humans.

10. Slave IV

Pretty much this.

11. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With maybe a few exceptions, NOTHING will be hard to find in a few weeks for Rogue One items. Remember how 'rare' Phasma BS was for Force Awakens. I saw her sit for almost a week at 50% clearance at Target. I doubt Rogue One items will be any different. No need to stess over not getting something day one. You'll be sick of seeing the same thing for months afterwards. I've picked up almost the entire TFA Lego line recently for 50% at Walmarts.

12. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    It took me 7 months to find a BS Phasma. Not just that, it took me 9 months to find a BS Kylo Ren at retail.

13. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    I pretty much feel the same way. I'd rather not waste a day off. However, I still have yet to see Hux or Ahsoka on the pegs. I've seen them at comic book shops, but as usual, they're more expensive at retail. I did find one Hux at a Game Stop recently for retail. It was the only SWBS figure they had oddly enough. Another Game Stop had Asty. I left that one there.

14. Macross7

News Credits:
    For me, Kylo was easy to find in 2 weeks and Phasma within 2 months. The only BS that seemed to not be common are Hux and that alien X-Wing pilot. Even they have showing up for often now.

15. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    For me, still today it Finn, Flametrooper and Snowtrooper. I found Phasma like last April or May when the wave with Jango Fett was out and Kylo Ren was last July when I was in New York, but the package was really damaged. Other than that, Kylo and Phasma were really hard for me to find when they were released. Even when Wave 1 was released, it was always Finn, Rey and Chewie. None of the others.

16. Macross7

News Credits:
    The distribution in your area sucks. Flametrooper has pegwarmed here since release. You probably should just order from Amazon.

17. Slave IV

I've still never seen Hux or Ahsoka at regular retail chains. Good thing I don't care about getting either but I'm pretty sure both have been available at some point online for regular retail price if you really wanted them.

18. dgold93

dgold93 Rainmaker

Majority of the Rogue One line will shelf warm... That's a given. Those Scarif troopers and Death troopers will not however, I also heard rumor of the original Snowtroopers getting BS'd, if that's the case consider those gone too. Happy hunting.

19. Slave IV

That's not a rumor. See them here

20. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    It's the dumbest thing. I got a solicitation last week with no pictures or prices. They can take orders now but I can't get any info until they're posted 9-30. That's a huge red flag telling me it'll be just like last Farce Friday, anything I can order now will show up December, maybe, if they feel like it, long after the rest of the world is bored with it. Thanks but no thanks.

Looking forward to getting that Jyn figure I ordered though. She'll be like the 4th SWB figure I have because the only thing worse than selling in PA is buying in PA. It's such a 3rd world country.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016