Star Wars Figures/Toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by payres, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'd love to see what a play art's version of grievous would look like.

2. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hot damn, found another Stormtrooper at Walgreens! I think two is a good number, now to get Phasma whenever she shows up.

For some reason, though, the Black Series stuff at that Walgreens looked better than the ones I've seen at other stores. All of the BB-8s looked like they had a wash on the ball as well as the head, and the Kylo Rens had really nice looking hoods. One practically looked like the one RogueRunner fixed up!

3. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Yeah, I like to collect in a similar vein too. Something standard and something different.

Yup.

Great idea. I'd like to see that!

I'd also like to see a PAK C3PO. I'm a junkie for that character (for some reason) and even though I don't collect these I'd probably get that.

I'm pretty excited at the prospect of a MR C3P0. I saw a concept sketch floating around that I can't find now, but it looked pretty awesome.

4. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Agreed.

and here you go.

Edit: Ninja'd (or is that technically being Samuri'd ?)

[​IMG]

6. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Thanks guys! Yes! I really hope they make both of these, though I'm not entirely sure what "ornaments/bells" will mean. Sounds like they will be more prop accessories than figures, which still could be very cool. C3PO will be some type of temple statue and R2 a temple bell. I'm guessing, if made, they will come as a 2-pack.

7. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

The concept of Star Wars characters made to look like Samurai is such a ridiculously awesome idea. I've been considering getting the Sandtrooper, Boba Fett, and the Imperial Guard. But what other ideas are coming down, do we know if a snowtrooper will get made? I'd love to see what they would do with a scout trooper or even an Imperial Gunner.

8. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

Play Arts Kai Optimus Prime pls!

9. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    As far as fan theories go, someone suggested Chewbacca as a shi-shi/shisa lion dog oni demon of some sort, or if "supernatural" themes are out of the question, simply a big human dude with a kabuki wig and oni/monster mask. Darth Maul would definitely fit an oni demon for sure. I imagine Emperor Palpatine having an evil shogun wizard theme going on similar to Oda Nobunaga. Luke Skywalker as a ninja perhaps (in either his white ANH get-up or his black ROTJ uniform). Han Solo as a cowboy lost in Meiji era Japan. These are just fan ideas.

As far as official Bandai sketches go, there was one of a drunken wandering houshi monk (with a staff and possibly a gourd to hold sake rice wine) for Yoda, a clipart of a geisha (with an umbrella) for Princess Leia, and a Lone Wolf and Cub idea thrown out for Jango Fett and Young Boba (I believe).

I thought that was already Bayverse Optimus as far as edgy super heroic proportions go. :D 

10. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG]

11. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've been going back to what you said about Vader being too short after getting the Black versions of the STs, and compared to the STs, you are right, but his height next to Luke looks fine.

[​IMG]

However, you know what, if the Black series one was still available for $20, I'd buy one from Amazon and compare him with my Figuarts one just to see which one I would prefer. Maybe the Black one does look better in hand, I don't know. As I have said on many occasions, I hate cloth capes and stuff, but I do like the idea of being able to drape the cape in front of him on the Black one. Oh, and one thing I did not know until today is that the Black Vader has wrinkles sculpted into his suit, which is pretty awesome.

It's just too bad there wasn't a best of both worlds version

12. Timothy.R

News Credits:
    is there going to be a black series flametrooper?

i really feel like hasbro is missing the boat when it comes to troopers and their repaint potential.. which is strange considering how repaint/remold crazy they've gone with the combiner wars line.

13. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

It's only just started, but I don't think they know what they are doing anyway.

Ouch, I hate that Prime. A PAK sized Action Master Prime would be MP scale though. Hmmm, scratch that thought, I'm in deep in this OT stuff.

14. djmajin

djmajin Masterpiece Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Love the Movie Realization stuff
    [​IMG]

15. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I think we're pretty much guaranteed a Flametrooper in the 6" Black Series line. Hasbro may seem clueless a lot of the time but they know we like troopers. So far we have got:

Sandtrooper (orange and black)
    Stormtrooper (made in huge numbers and put in several waves)
    Clone Trooper - AOTC
    Clone Trooper Sergeant
    Clone Trooper Captain
    Commander Cody
    Tie Pilot
    Stormtrooper Luke & Han
    Scout Trooper
    Shadow Squadron Troopers
    upcoming Battlefront Shock Trooper
    upcoming Imperial Forces set with Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant Oxixo (tie pilot repaint)
    upcoming Stormtrooper Evolution 4-pack

The TFA line has barely just started and we've already got:
    FO Stormtrooper
    Phasma
    upcoming FO Tie Pilot
    upcoming FO Snow Trooper
    upcoming FO Riot Control Stormtrooper

And I am probably even forgetting a couple.
    Anyway, I wouldn't say they missed the boat, I'd say they are driving the boat. :) 

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  16. Grimlock4523

Grimlock4523 Me Grimlock, KING!!!

^totally agree. They will make it. Repaints are well within the scope of Black Series given the history and the future waves and exclusives that have been announced. There's also a TRU exclusive Snow Trooper Officer coming end of October. Flame Trooper will be "hot". Ok that was lame lol

17. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  18. Timothy.R

News Credits:
    i'm only counting main line releases.. not exclusives. there's far more they could've done with the phase 1 troopers, and i don't see a main line release for the phase 2 troopers. i'd really like to see some unique troopers.. not just builders. i mean, in my experience, i haven't seen enough of any of these to actually build an army. so with that said.. i'd like to see gree, rex, thire, wolffe, echo, fives, and so on.

i know that right now, with the height of the force awakens figures being now and over the next year, so i'm not saying do those and release them now.. but i would like to see them at some point.

i just haven't seen any listings for a flametrooper, or the heavy trooper.

will there be more than 4 waves?.. i just get scared because of the way hasbro has handled movie lines for their other franchises.

19. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I like pretty much all of those ideas. :thumb 

Not completely sold on a Ninja Luke though. I would think Samurai would be more fitting for the Jedi order. Maybe they would be like disgraced Ronin shunned by the Empire, the corrupt Shoguns.

Actually Boba Fett, being a bounty hunter/hired assassin, would have fit perfectly as a Ninja. But the MR version looks so damn cool I could hardly complain.

There are many cool possibilities with this line, hopefully it lives long enough to realize them.

20. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits: