Star Wars Figures/Toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by payres, Feb 11, 2006.

1. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, wasn’t this delayed for licensor approval? The actresses who played them have historically not let figures be made in their likeness. I don’t think it’s outside the realm of possibility.

2. Blade3D

Blade3D Well-Known Member

Oh that’s cool.

3. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    20240509_171106.jpg 20240509_161902.jpg 20240509_162653.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The crystals also work with the wayfinders. Depending on the character associate to the crystal, you will get a fairly long description about a planet in the SW universe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CamaroBee

CamaroBee for Fletcher

Instagram:
  6. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I need to get all the mystery droids. Thought about trying my luck buying them sealed on ebay or may just be better off buying them outright.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay. Thinking it through, 4 of the 8 included figures with the Cantina are Greedo, Hammerhead, Walrus Man, and Blue Snaggletooth since the Kenner playset had those 4.

But I bet we get Retro versions that ship around when the Haslab ships. (I doubt they'd tie Retro figures to a Haslab like this since the whole appeal is a cheap Kenner collection. But they'd absolutely sell the Retros as an add-on similar to how many Haslabs have "companion purchases" around when they ship.)

That probably means a Cantina Alien 6 pack. I'm guessing the 2 new ones are Dr. Evazan and Wuher.

Continuing ANH in Retro, that leaves only 4 Droids, X-Wing Luke, and Disguise Luke. (And Rocket Firing Boba Fett, kind of. And Death Star Gunner from the Final 17.)

So then that probably means a droids wave/6 pack. I'm guessing the new ones would be CZ1 and R5K6 for visual variety. (And CZ1 can get a CZ4 redeco.)

That leaves X-Wing Luke and Disguise Luke (who was from the Final 17).

I bet X-Wing Luke comes in a set of the 6 named Red Squadron members. They're all big omissions and it's one body x5 plus Jek Porkins.

From there, maybe:

Owen, Baru, Sandtrooper, and 3 of the Jawa Droids.

Yavin Ceremony. Luke, Leia, Han, Jan Dodanna, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Rebel Soldier.

Disguise Luke, Disguise Han, Handcuffed Chewbacca, Death Star Gunner, Death Star Scanner, Admiral Motti.

That essentially delivers all the remaining Episode 4 Retros AND gets you the major characters Kenner skipped. You could always then get another 6 Cantina Aliens, the Cantina band, Ben Kenobi/Hologram Leia/etc.

But it's easily all broken into sets of 6.

8. bearytrek

News Credits:
    i purchased some off of ebay...one pre-opened, two coming that are sealed (rolling the dice I don't get the exact same one twice more)...i would prefer to get them pre-opened just to not deal with the hassle of getting duplicates, but the price on the sealed ones were within my ballpark since I am not going to the parks anytime soon...

• Like Like x 2
  9. bearytrek

News Credits:
    what would be awesome would be if they were fully articulated modern vintage incarnations of those old made-up costumes from the original line (and they are actually canon as they've turned up in the Clone Wars/Bad Batch as background extras)...that would be an easy four...

Bartender Wuhrer is the other obvious choice...perhaps EV-9D9 too, since she showed up as the cantina bartender in that Mandalorian episode? That's six...

Tonnikas as the final two (not based on ANH but the recast versions that showed up in Rogue One or whatever it was they were in?)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

Even with twelve brand new cantina figures, what has been shown if true, does not feel like a Haslabs project, just list it on pulse like Jabbas palace.

11. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    Only one of the actresses didn't, and apparently an agreement was recently made. I was speculating that it was licensor approval delaying the HasLab but it could have been the recent HasLab variant testing was due to an IT issue with picking which variant to buy.

You'll notice that has a different price, it turns out that was from the focus testing from a while back. That means its loadout isn't finalized.

That's true of the Jabba's Palace playset, Nevarro Cantina, Boba/Bib/Jabba's Throne Room that just came out, the Endor Bunker, everything but the Tantive IV has been this way. Carbon Freeze Chamber doesn't even have enough to have a back view.

12. CamaroBee

CamaroBee for Fletcher

Instagram:
    Ah, gotcha! I’m think I’m going to have to eBay the blue BB unit from series 1 since it’s the only one I didn’t find from the boxes. Especially since it’s one of the Droids at the depot checkout along with the orange R2 from Series 2!

Speaking of Droid Depot, there’s now a drum set for the buildable Astromechs based on the one used by a R0 Droid in Book of Boba Fett:

IMG_2329.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  13. St Firebringer

St Firebringer PB&J bones

Man, if the Nevarro Cantina could’ve been reversible/connectable, it could’ve been the base for so many “city street on desert planet” displays…

• Like Like x 1
  14. bearytrek

News Credits:
    that looks expensive!

15. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    *Darth Vader breathing noises*

I sense a disturbance in the price range specified….perhaps…perhaps… $379 is the price Hasbro suggested but …but…

….Disney said “no, there is another….”

…and suggested $499…

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

17. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:

• Like Like x 3
  18. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What I've heard is that Hasbro is essentially introducing add-ons with this campaign and that the $499.99 includes more.

I suspect it's an extra 4 figures but we'll see.

19. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New Holocrons came in today after being delayed yesterday.

Alas, the one and only v2 crystal I bought did not end up being a Kylo Ren or Sidious. Instead I got an Asajj. Which is actually pretty cool that they all have placards now so you know what they are right away. And the new containers are much cooler.

But my black Snoke crystal also came in today! So although I'm not mold complete with the v1s, at least I'm finally color complete. But the urge to have all is ever rising...

Last edited: May 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  20. wampa1

wampa1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So I guess they're gonna release the band stand separately.