Star Wars Figures/Toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by payres, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I ordered 2 for free shipping.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  3. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    I'll be happy if Hasbro would continue to do this with store exclusives from now on. That way those who want them immediately can try for the exclusive, and the rest of us can just buy one later without the hassle of dealing with Walmar, Target, or Walgreens.

4. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I was finally able to compare the original Walgreens Boba vs the Amazon one. I found only ONE difference, though I'm not sure if I'm the only one? Check out the pics! (sorry for the one blurry one)

For comparisons, the original one is on the right, and the Amazon one is on the left. Right off the bat, it looks like there's no differences.

Amazon Boba1.jpg
    Amazon Boba2.jpg

The only difference I've noticed just by glancing at it is on the right elbow as circled below:

Amazon Boba3.jpg
    Amazon Boba3a.jpg

I tried moving them, and it didn't seem like it wanted to move. It's actually molded that way. So that part, at least for my copies, are the only differences so far that I know of.

Amazon Boba4.jpg

Amazon Boba5.jpg

So that's basically it. Other than the one elbow piece...it's pretty much identical :) 

• Like Like x 6
  5. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

6. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

That's what I should have done, instead, I ordered the stupid 4lom jax-1 or whatever repaint bounty hunter for free shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Early Christmas
    96EFF208-BC3D-4FBD-9F12-C6042506880D.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  8. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    Those are the same part, it's just that's a collar piece that is designed to be trapped between the elbow joint and the bicep, the same one found on this mold going back to the 2013 original SDCC Fett & Han Carbonite, it should rotate when you turn the elbow. Since yours is not moving, most likely it's a stuck joint and some heat should free it (don't use too much heat as it's a softer part, if you're using a heat gun set it pretty low and move it back and forth so you don't overheat the part and melt it, ask me how I know; I'd suggest a few seconds in hot but below boiling water). It's a bit of a tricky part especially when stuck because that collar has that hose connected to the forearm gauntlet which swivels independently and is too easy to break off when using the elbow joint, even with that collar working properly.

9. Phenotype

Phenotype Well-Known Member

I don't really get the point of the Purge Trooper. It's a cool design but it sorta feels like some exec said, "we need a new type of Stormtrooper in this series". It was fun when the Snowtrooper showed up in TESB and the Scout Trooper in ROTJ but not every new piece of SW media needs a new trooper (or TIE for that matter).

10. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    I think they just went off of the idea of the Purge Trooper from the game and gave it an updated "Stormtrooper" like look to it. Either way, I don't mind it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CamaroBee

CamaroBee for Fletcher

Instagram:
    Picked these two up today!

62B99268-7047-49E0-912C-0087B5359699.jpeg

Phasma is surprisingly good, her articulation (particularly in the elbows and hands) is much better than the First Order Stormtrooper from that same time! Allows her to get into more poses, and always glad to have more super articulation representation for the Sequels!
    A0810828-7844-4D77-8037-A543843AB5AF.jpeg
    63E9C841-639F-4AB4-88CA-D0898E7D6A87.jpeg

Finn is cool too, glad I was able to finally track down this version! He does unfortunately have the hindered elbows inherent to the First Order Stormtrooper mold at that point in time, but he still looks cool! I wanted to get this version for my Rise of the Resistance display, here he is with Poe and Rey in their appearances from the ride!
    33E9B88E-BE5D-46C6-B687-C6FD1794C636.jpeg

I do hope the archive line revisits Poe like they did Han, this version of Poe has what’s probably the worst face sculpt/paint in the line. The helmet helps at least xD

• Like Like x 4
  12. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    20221222_155104.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  13. ShootingtheGalaxy

ShootingtheGalaxy Toy Photographer

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    The Fight is Over

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 13
  14. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    So, my free fig from Entertainment Earth was Credit Collection Greef Karga! A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Most of my six inch figs are Mando related and I don't have him in any form.

• Like Like x 2
  15. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    At least you got something you like and didn’t already have! That probably won’t happen twice!

• Like Like x 2
  16. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    20221223_113126.jpg
    Finally got around to cracking open the Black Series Archive ANH Leia that I got from I think Dorkside on mega-sale, which I've had in package so long that it gathered dust. I might like the previous version better, with this new one they went really harsh on the eyebrows, the eyes have a hollow look to them, and the shiny head takes away from the realism. The face looks a little better in hand than in photos, and from some angles it's a little better than others, but overall this figure is two steps forward and maybe more than one step back. (They're both still better than the original head on this mold, angry hausfrau Leia that was so bad Lucasfilm made Hasbro resculpt it.)
    20221223_113615.jpg

I also opened $13 Archive Chewie from Target so now I have a growling head version to go with the static expression one from TFA, but man did I forget how much this mold absolutely sucks. It's too tall, the segmented body doesn't move anywhere near as well as it should, and the neck is incredibly lazy.

And $13 Archive TFA Han got opened recently, the new headsculpt does wonders for this figure and the face printing really takes it the rest of the way, to the point where my biggest complaint now is they didn't texture the gray hair paint enough, a fairly minor issue here.

I picked up Archive Tusken Raider yesterday at Target for $11, Target must really be sick of pegwarmers because this was the national price. I already have this figure, it's an excellent figure, and this Archive version is pretty much the same experience. The robe isn't heavily creased the same way but it's the same rumply material, and the head has more weathering than the original while the belt has less, the colors on the bandoliers and belt and gaffi stick heads are slightly different, but really it just feels like the same figure in all the ways that matter.

Opened another Jedha Patrol Stormtrooper that I got from a Dorkside deep sale, man this figure is great.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Got these guys in. But dammit Walmart...bubble mailer!?!? Only one came in decent shape (used as the background). The other two boxes? Not so much...
    But these guys do look imposing...

PurgeII.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  18. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    2 months late (or 10 months early) for Halloween but finally here at least
    20221223_135515.jpg
    credit Mando v3 (I think...there's been so many reuses of this guy I've lost track) is almost like a Holiday Special coloring version with those oranges

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  19. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still haven't opened mine, they look awesome though

I had to check mine the light made your pauldrons look orange

20. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    They do! However, I was too lazy to grab the original Purge Troopers from the display case to take a pic of them side by side. They were in the back, and I didn't feel like moving other figures out of the way :lol