Star Wars Figures/Toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by payres, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    upload_2022-12-6_8-11-22.jpeg
    last day of bring home the galaxy and they have the vintage AT-ST walker.

• Like Like x 6
  2. CamaroBee

CamaroBee for Fletcher

Instagram:
    Ooh, that AT-ST is cool! Pairs nicely with the new bunker, although I hope they fixed the legs xD

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

I hope the reveals are good for some people. I’m blah. I love that they’re giving ROTJ so much attention for its anniversary, but so much of it is retread of old releases. I have the POTF2 bunker so no need to get this one based on current details - even though the figure looks to be the Rex character. I know many collectors may not have it though so this could be exciting. I would love to see a diorama set based on the rebel briefing scene before they all fly to Endor. That’s something we’ve never had but would be scaleable, worthy, and of interest I think. Heck - give us Vader’s funeral pyre with the helmet for TFA reanactment.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    I love doors on playsets, but a playset that's *only* doors is a little meh. The inside doesn't look sculpted, and that ultimately is going to keep me away. It would have cost so little to just add a touch of sculpting to the interior walls and doors, that sort of thing adds a ton to these sorts of playsets, and at $50+ it'll need it. I don't think a single one of these TVC playsets hasn't gone on deep sale. I'm not a big Nik Sant/Captain Rex as the ROTJ rebel collector, so the figure is take it or leave it, but it's an army builder with the helmet.

The AT-ST is the same one we keep getting but now with an old Chewie figure to go with, hard pass.

Target canceled my TBS Grand Inquisitor preorder after setting a date that it couldn't meet. Meanwhile, my backup preorder with Amazon still sits at February 2023.

• Like Like x 2
  5. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bought one of the previous releases on clearance at Walmart years ago for $15…and I still feel like I overpaid. Those legs are horrible…

6. Arishikage

Arishikage Well-Known Member

Initially I kind of want both the Bunker and AT-ST, but both are kind of price-dependent. If it's going to be $50+ for a playset and figure, vehicle and figure, or Speeder Bike and figure choices will have to be made.

I missed the original Endor Bunker so its got the most pull with me, but I also like the overall look of the BS AT-ST that I bought at clearance. Guess I'll sort it out tomorrow! :p 

EDIT: Found the pricing: 60 for the playset and 90 for the walker. Probably not a go for me unless I really have to have them, then.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    yes, the vintage AT-ST really needs ratchets to hold the legs straight enough to balance the thing standing up...maybe they've modified it or improved it...I kinda doubt it...Chewie instead of an imperial pilot is different I guess...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure it's on your radar already, but you NEED to get Jedi Fallen Order. Best Star Wars game since Kotor 2 IMO. And it's getting a sequel next year. And it's crazy cheap right now too, lol!

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™ | Xbox

• Like Like x 2
  9. Phenotype

Phenotype Well-Known Member

Yeah? I have the AT-ST that was released under TBS label and it stands up just fine. I've had it on my shelf for years. This one looks to be the same mold. New deco though.

Also, can I just say that I am *NOT* a fan of Dave Filoni's bizarro fan theory that Nik Sant is Captain Rex? It's emblematic of everything that's wrong with Star Wars, which is that every minor thing get an explanation, a backstory, or is connected to something bigger.

• Like Like x 2
  10. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That’s interesting. I think I have the same AT-ST as you…Black Series 3.75” from around 2018? The legs on mine are pretty bad…I just stuck it back into the box 10 minutes after I opened it.

11. bearytrek

News Credits:
    its funny how the vintage 1983 version got at least one thing right with that lockable feature on the legs that let it stand just fine...

I think the issue with the updated one is the additional 'hip' joint (for lack of a better term) that lets the legs swing outwards...its one more point where it can go very wrong when trying to balance it...

• Like Like x 1
  12. El Rey

El Rey Well-Known Member

happened to a lot of folks, Target is notorious for this. I had Aayla and Maul preordered there since June and kept approving the delays until I got the cancelation email this morning. They are available elsewhere and will likely show up in stores at some point.

13. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

Yeah I got it as part of the bundle (I probably misspoke on which one I got). It was a Black Friday sale - Fallen Order + Squadrons + BF2 for around $23. Great deal.

14. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have several of the past AT-STs. I am sticking with the one that was exclusive to Kmart back in 2011. Also the Chewbacca isn’t even carded.I am not feeling the bunker either.

15. St Firebringer

St Firebringer PB&J bones

Is it an updated Chewie even?

16. bearytrek

News Credits:
    nope, he's a 2006 mold apparently

they say they've tightened the AT-ST joints

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Of all the vehicles they could do, they do that trash AT-ST again. I bought my son the Black Series one and it's such pain getting it to not fall over. Forget actually playing with it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. St Firebringer

St Firebringer PB&J bones

Well, at least I’ve been burned by TVC enough now to start asking before buying disappointment…

The R2-D2 I waited months for…perfection!
    062E701A-5806-4756-833B-B1CC71E74DED.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    Walmart just said my pre-order for the Halloween Wookie is delayed to 1/6/23.

Yeah right....

• Like Like x 1
  20. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got Gentle Giant Jumbo Kenner TIE Pilot and Boushh Leia in today.. Love that line so much.

• Like Like x 1