Star Wars Figures/Toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by payres, Feb 11, 2006.

1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I don't see why they should. There are so many different toys, do you honestly think that a manager should be keeping tabs on each and every one that shelf-warms? We're singling out our lines here, but what about all those other ones? Toys just don't impact these stores enough to warrant attentive product control.

This isn't to say that I'm not also frustrated when a store is stacked with old BS and exclusive MLs, but it is what it is. Getting pissed off at the employees is a lesson in futility.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    True that they don't have to, but we call those bad managers, not good ones. After all, a manager who is knowledgeable about all products in their store will make better decisions, regardless of the store's main product focus. Because if all managers focused only on was their profit areas, then Target would only sell furniture and booze and nothing else (which would make for a very strange store experience, let me tell you). The wider range of products is meant to attract a wider range of audience. Hell, I'd never go into Walgreens if they didn't have a toy exclusive. And while I'm there, why not pick up some Advil. Oh and I need some pretzels and some... Point is, it's always better to give attention to everything since a manager's job is to, yunno, manage.

• Like Like x 1
  3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I'd agree, but your definition of manage is probably a lot more different than WGs definition of management. Those managers are there to manage their employees, keep the store running smoothly, and stock up with items that their computer inventory system sends them.

And still you didn't answer my quest. Do you really expect a manager to survey the toy section for every shelf warmer? I'd love for them to do it, but it is just plain unrealistic in practice.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I do expect a manager to survey the toy section for every shelfwarmer in the same way that they inspect every other shelf for products that are not selling. It's part of managing inventory. I should also mention that I don't expect them to only check the toy aisle, just that it's a good idea to know your entire store inventory for better decision making. However, having a corporate overlord does throw a wrench into the works admittedly, such as if the manager has no control of the stock they receive, then I guess they're stuck. I honestly forgot about the automatic inventory ordering system. Kind of throws my entire argument out the window, haha!

• Like Like x 1
  5. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  6. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Took a comparison for the Rocket Firing Boba Fett and the recent Retro one. Aside from the rocket firing gimmick there is no difference.

FBA23CE8-00D9-4075-8DF2-75F4E2564447.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  7. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

the Manager’s job is to keep the store running efficiently — ensure content and productive employees who show up and do their job as scheduled, ensure the important product that makes up the bulk of their sales (snacks and personal care) are always in stock, reduce shrinkage (theft/loss), etc.

the toy section, as a percentage of their business, simply isn’t meaningful enough for them to spend much time on at the expense of other, more revenue generating categories and tasks. They are only working a finite amount of time per day.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Must Have!

The Retro Collection one I meant, I already have the Rocket firing one.

9. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Some say it's realistic that we shouldn't expect anybody to do anything about anything. I say nihilistic is a better word for that sentiment.

Edit: It also amazes me the faith that people have in computers and automation. Technological devices only do exactly what they're told by their designers or operators. Stupid in, stupid out.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  10. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Some say that about some things, but it doesn’t appear anyone is saying anything of the sort in any conversation taking place in this thread currently.

11. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    A6935EE8-460F-4772-871B-DD299284B665.jpeg
    i really want the 6 inch Rex. Ive had this one since i was a little boy.

• Like Like x 4
  12. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  13. ShootingtheGalaxy

ShootingtheGalaxy Toy Photographer

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 12
  14. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm not sure where I am with collecting the Retro line, I have the first wave, but they are a novelty. I've only actually handled like 2 vintage figures ever. But your post made me realize Fett was already one of them since I had the rocket firing one lol. Definitely not going to waste too much time hunting that down.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If anyone needs any more Shadow Troopers Amazon has them for $13 right now. It’s not the default listing, so you’ll have to look under other offers.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picked up the wave of 40th ESB 6" figures today. Cleaned the store out!! Well, there was just 1 of each figure so not hard to do. :D 

I get an email that my Amazon preorder was about to ship of these. Cancelled that just in time. The ones I got at Walmart are in very good condition and we all know how crappy Amazon packing is. They'd all probably be crammed into an envelope, cards all folded, creased or trashed.

• Like Like x 2
  17. RobimusPrime

RobimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only wanted Luke. Scheduled to arrive from Pulse tomorrow, so hopefully it should be in a box.

18. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I think I just figured out who SHF Jedi Luke reminds me of...

CWO.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Lucky, mine hasn’t shipped since I ordered him last week alongside four other orders.

20. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Just 2 weeks till May the 4th. And I'm getting anxious about the next wave of Black Series going up for preorder.