Star Wars Figures/Toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by payres, Feb 11, 2006.

1. El Rey

El Rey Well-Known Member

ran to Walmart and picked up BS Dooku, Bly and Knight of Ren. Left Zori for now, will grab next time

• Like Like x 1
  2. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I noticed I was charged for the Imperial Probe Droid & Luke... turns out Pulse now has the ESB 40th Wave 1 & the Probe Droid in stock now... now to wait out the two weeks till they ship it out like the last two orders to come in. I now have five figures paid for but not yet shipped and four figures that did ship/arrive.

3. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Same, but picked up only Dooku and Bly. Might go back for Knight of Ren.

4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I really hope to get Retro Boba Fett soon. Seeing all those in hand pictures and watching this video is just tempting me to get it asap.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The movement could've been designed better. This was the last BS mold(I have the regular edition) I was pretty excited for and it took some searching to finally find it(I think someone tried hiding it at JC Penny). In-hand, can't help but feel like range of motion could've been better overall. Sculpt-wise I have no qualms.

It's decent for a Black Series figure but as a big Revan fan, it feels lacking.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
  7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I still can't believe how much Retro Collection Boba Fett is going for on ebay compared to the rest.

8. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

Commander Bly dropped into my POL from BBTS today. He's the only thing in there at the moment, so it will be a while before he ships.

9. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Especially when it's almost certainly going to get released to online stores like the first wave, and almost every other exclusive Hasbro gives someone.

10. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    Couple of events inspired me today... So it's Boba Night at the workbench!!

First a minor recap of where I left off last time.

20200414_213640.jpg

I mixed a small batch of steel, leather, and flat black acrylic to make a Gunmetal Black for a Gundam I'm going to work on, and used it on Boba's carbine. I've had a bookmarked picture of the prop replica to paint the rest of it and his pistol.

Then I took some steel enamel and did some drybrush dabbing with a microbrush to get an idea for how I will scar the armor.

20200416_224911.jpg

Those are intentional dry sanding scuffs which I will apply the paint to and fill in, but now back to working on the last important part of the whole kit.

20200416_224742.jpg

The helmet. Not a fan of the glossy RUBBER black visor, because it makes shaving and sanding the last vestiges of the sprue under the chin turn it to pulp. No matter, it can be fine tuned later. A few interesting details you really don't appreciate until you have the kit in hand is how recessed the visor is, or the subtle two shades of green there are for his armor and his helmet and jet pack.

20200416_230346.jpg

And there he is!! NOT MANDO!!

"sigh... remember when everyone used to think I was the most badass Star Wars character until TR8R came along?...sigh"

Okay, joke aside this is a great looking model. It needs more paint that I will get to soon enough, some areas I hadn't noticed until now and some I'm noticing a lot more of. I applied a little Russian Armor Green to his waist between the gaps in his belts, and mixed some with a little bit of a dark gray to paint the sunken in cheeks under his visor, and I used what I had left to paint the soles of his boots.

20200416_230533.jpg

As you see, I've already given a little touch of panel accent to test for how I want to wash the fabric layers. I have a bottle of acrylic wash to use to do it. The one thing I really like about the kit compared to the Black Series figure I don't have is how much the model looks more like a real person wearing a costume. The clever joint design and proportions gives it a more natural physique.

Compare that to my Black Series dummy F.O. Trooper *which I only bought for reference against the model I am yet to finish because "I hate white paint" reasons I don't want to get to right now but should..

20200416_230822.jpg

"So... where's that kid, you know the one everybody is waiting for the dolls of?"

"*sigh... for the last time, you've got the wrong guy!"

..yeah, that's my joke now for Boba.. it's either that or questions about seeing this kit be retooled with cleaner, scar-free parts to make Jango. Other than that, I really wish Disney would let Bandai be more revealing with their future Star Wars kits or at least have something in development for Mandalorian. Just give us a hint of something, even if it's IG11's nanny harness. I wonder if that one have been shown off at the shizuoka hobby show, had it not been cancelled this year.

For now, it's time to disassemble the kit so I can wash it again and remove any sanding dust and residues.

20200416_235651.jpg

From here, I get to paint, detail, and apply the decals. so don't expect any more posts of this for a while. But I will return to this eventually!

One last thing, I preordered the 1:1 scale helmet from Hasbro.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  11. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Love seeing your work applied to these Star Wars figures, especially Boba Fett! Yeah, I can’t wait for that helmet. Been waiting a lifetime for it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  13. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Nice job!

I have that kit and broke those tiny bolts that go on his knees, and also the strap on his gun, great model though!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    You're not alone there, my rifle strap started to crack and break on me but I managed to stop it with some quick cement fixing. Though if it does completely break, I wouldn't be bothered since I can trim it off at the hooks.
    Those spikes on the knees are some of the smallest pieces I've ever dealt with, second only to Kotobukiya round plates smaller than 1mm, and I did everthing I could to keep from losing them.

15. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I've seen people just clip the plastic strap and thread it with some kind skinny fabric or leather.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    Thought about that, tempted to try it.

17. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

I found Black Series Count Dooku at Walgreens in Arizona. It's not in the system, but I was able to buy it after they added it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

Entertainment Earth has the Imperial Troop Transport in stock and is doing a promotion on $15 off a $100 purchase of In Stock items. Good way to save some $$$.

• Like Like x 1
  19. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Our Walgreens are so freakin behind it’s ridiculous.

20. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My walmart got the new black series wave but someone beat me to bly and dooku, all that's left is the new disney crap :(