Star Wars Figures/Toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by payres, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have the saga Endor walker from 06' so all I need to do is get the 10' AT-AT and then get me a snowspeeder since I missed my chance back in 06'. I have a Imperial Shuttle from Saga 06" so when I get the big new walker and snow speeder they will ALL finally fit together but no kids just it would be mine for enjoyment lol.

2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Luckily I got the vintage AT-AT since apparently the regular version in Canada has none of the phrases.

3. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Holy crap, vintage Rocket Firing Boba Fett arrived today! I had no idea these were shipping already. That was fast!

4. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I need to get after it.

5. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Geez, I haven't even sent in my proofs for Boba yet.

6. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Twitter:
    Sounds like it might be worth getting....

But looks like this month I'm getting all Star Wars stuff for sure just snagged a Target Exclusive Hoth Ultimate Battle Pack MIB for about $75 [$20 shipping but the box is HUGE] I got one when they came out and sold it off last year regretted it so now I'm glad I have that Turret in that pack.

And more Snow Troopers too....yep...the Army I once had is being reformed at a rapid pace!

7. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    This "vintage" Fett is interesting. At first glance, it looks just like the original, but I couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right. So I dug out my original vintage Fett for comparison and after a side-by-side comparison I'm thinking this new "vintage" figure might actually be a reworking/resculpt of the original. It's ever so slightly bigger, all of the details seem to be just a tidge different and the limbs aren't quite as rigid as the original, sticking out from the body just a bit more. The backpack is obviously different considering it had to be made a bit larger to house the spring mechanism.

Speaking of which, the rocket firing action works about the same as any modern launching Star Wars weapon. It poots out about two feet with about enough force to knock down another figure but not enough force to put your eye out. It's cool to finally have the feature, but I'll be keeping the non-firing rocket plugged in.

All in all it's a very cool figure and absolutely perfect as a mail-away toy. I really have no complaints with it, although if I was a MOC collector I would be pissed because Hasbro takes no care whatsoever with the packaging. It comes loose in a mailer box that is just barely big enough to fit the card. Mine was obviously crammed into the box with force because two inches of one of the top corners was completely bent over and mangled. Hopefully those of you that plan to display it on the card will get one that is presentable.

8. jetfire prime

jetfire prime Do it now and do it loud

News Credits:
    ive still gotta get 2 more figures before i send away for boba

9. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just picked up Captain Rex today, and I'm really liking him, though something feels... off about his helmet (can't really explain it).

Also, it was ridiculously hard to get his pistol into his left hand (I was worried the handle was going to shear off).

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I know what you mean. It's just a tad mishapen. it's too fat, like a bucket, and the visor's too long.

11. Tyjos

Twitter:
    I need to find me a Clone Wars Aayla Secura.........seems she's quite expensive on ebay and amazon...

12. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now that you mention it, I think it's the visor that seems weird to me.

Yeah, that was one of the Clone Wars toys that I never saw around here (another was the updated Magnaguard...).

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Same here. She's the only CW figure that was on my list that I actually. missed. Hopefully she gets put in a later wave or something so I can get her again.

14. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    There was an Aayla Secura figure? Hm, I think that's a pass, I'm kinda selective.

15. Tyjos

Twitter:
    I at least will get me the new updated Shaak Ti figure....I did recently pick up the old AOTC Shaak Ti for like $3 loose on ebay...

Damn it star wars collecting is just as addicting as Transformers collecting!

At least today I got 2 Star Wars Unleashed Statue figures in mail, Emperor with force lightning and The "Perky" version of Padme.

Gonna be packing away my TFs now just to make room for the Vehicles I got on the way and I wanna get that new Slave 1 that came out...

But that Ultimate Battle Pack is quite expensive....

16. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Here's some comparison photos of new/old vintage Fett. You can see the tiny differences in sculpt when you look at things like the hexagon in the center of his breastplate and the chain mail (or whatever) on his shoulders.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As for Clone Wars Aayla, the only one I've ever seen is the one I bought, which is lucky because I was going to pass on her and buy her later.

17. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ Yep, every single piece looks different. Thanks for the pics!

Erm, I hate to say this, but that turret is coming back in another Target-exclusive Battle Pack in December. It's reportedly going to be $40.

Rebelscum.com; Star Wars Toy News Archive

18. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I actually really like this new sculpt for the mail-away Fett, the body looks much more in proportion. I was worried it'd be slightly smaller than the original due to that figure being used to create a new mold like they did with that pre-POTF2 4-pack in the early 90s.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  19. Tyjos

Twitter:
    SWEET! MORE HOTH ARMY BUILDING AWESOME!

That's now on the MUST GET list since good thing I got like 2 Targets nearby!

That means I'll have 2 Turrets when I get that one!

December eh?

I wonder if they'll ever re-release the Ewok Village.

20. Lord Atmo

Lord Atmo Active Member

I never did see a CW Aayla out there. Shame too since she was one of the few fully articulated CW figures out there at the time.

But I got Pre Vizsla and the new General Grievous at the same time. These are great figures!