Star Wars: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Autoboticon, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks, that’s good to know!

• Like Like x 1
  2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Something about it is off.

4. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    protec

• Like Like x 3
  5. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    I may be alone in this, but I actually like that character design!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I won't lie, that little 'bot is adorable.

It won't convince me to buy the game, however.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Can I just say how...boring this game looks? This is after loving the last Star Wars game I played, Force Unleashed. Maybe it's the point, but I wish the game didn't look and feel so boring. Combat doesn't look nearly as cool as it did in Force Unleashed.

A lot of this has to do with just how...basic and boring the MC is. He uses a light saber in a traditional grip. His moves literally look like the same moves we've seen for years out of Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon or any other Jedi that we've seen on the big screen or animated. With Galen we had a reverse grip that made his moves look so dynamic. A game that has brawling mechanics needs to be interesting and cool off the bat. Bayonetta and DMC, just as examples. Moves that are awesome spectacles and you can do most of them right off the bat. The fact that this game will certainly lock the coolest moves behind skills is a huge turn off when brawling is such a huge part of this game.

• Like Like x 2
  8. RabidYak

While I agree that the footage wasn't particularly exciting, they've been saying since Celebration that they are going for heavier combat so this was never going to be a Beat 'em Up or Character Action Game.

Personally I hate it when Star Wars action games treat Lightsabers like baseball bats rather then swords and TFU isn't a particularity good example of either those aforementioned genres, so this already looks like an improvement for me.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I dunno. On the one hand. Singleplayer Star Wars RPG(?), that's like a rare enough beast as it is I almost feel I should get it just to make sure EA understand such things are profitable. On the other hand, EA could just EA and the game could be utter garbage and then what?

Its depressing that the best Star Wars RPG I can now reliably play is SWTOR

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    From the 14minute demo of this game i seen I've got to buy this game. EA is finally releasing a SW game that looks good and has that Force Unleashed look and feel. Plus to add to boot,...... no multiplayer which I'm not a fan of. I want a redone on my battlefront games with no multiplayer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    They just ported Battlefront 1 and 2 to modern consoles not too long ago and because they’re old games the servers have long ago shut down so no pesky players to ruin your experience.

I wouldn’t expect to see any modern take on the series be single player, thats just not what it’s about. Can you imagine announcing a Battlefield or Call of Duty that was single player only at e3? You’d be laughed out of the building.

12. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I dunno. A sword is confined by many things. Size, shape, weight. The vast majority of lightsabers are uniform and weight is limited to only the hilt. The fact that star wars canon involves a huge amount of acrobatics to lightsaber combat nowadays means that they're more than just merely swords. They're big glowsticks that are very lethal. Regardless of all that a video game needs to be fun, cool, interesting, or what not to hook you. To me this game isn't any of that. From a boring style, to boring protagonist, to a combat where early game is so confined by it's skill system, I don't see too many benefits to this.

I mean if this is something you like then all the power to you. I just don't get the direction this game went in.

13. RabidYak

As they've said they're going for a more From inspired combat system, which to be fair isn't that exciting to just watch in most other games along those lines either. I'll reserve final judgment until I get my hands on it, but fair play if that's not your bag.

The movies are consistent in showing that lightsabers chop, slash, stab and generally one hit wreck anyone without plot armour on contact rather than just bouncing off them an arbitrary number of times until they fall over. I don't mind that in like KOTOR where the combat is entirely stat driven and what's happening on screen is there to visually represent those systems, but i'm really not a fan of that in games that are supposed to be putting you directly in control and recreating that experience.

What we do agree on is that the player character seems to be super bland. I'm pretty sure that all the characters look the same as their actors so they can use them in live action stuff later on, but they still could have done something a bit less generic looking withe the dude.

14. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    That looks like a good 5 year old game.

15. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Hopefully it’s better than the new Battlefronts......(can we get OG Battlefront and Battlefront 2 HD Remaster, please?)

• Like Like x 1
  16. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    KOTOR is surprisingly playable on tablet.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Is it on iOS?

18. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I wasn't talking about the orginal games. I was talking about the EA release of battlefront games. EA released battlefront 1 and 2. Their games didn't really have a single player but was multiplayer through and through. So I'm guessing you support EA and the things they do. Well pesky players are annoying and with age shows wisdom so i can use my money in those ways to not support pesky players.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  19. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Would like to try it myself to be sure, but man the game looked boring and pretty dang generic. Unsure if it was just the scripted gameplay demo or if the game is actually like that.

20. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Unless it's been removed from the apple store since the last time I checked, it is yes.