Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    My god, if this kind of shit is all it takes to "influence" or "sway" people about *anything* - negative SOCIAL MEDIA posts of all things - no wonder people keep doing it. I mean, how could you NOT take full advantage of that kind of mindless stupidity over & over again when/if it's evidently so easy? Especially when these idiots blame everyone BUT themselves. Oh it's Gaga fans! Oh it's DC fans! Oh it's the Russians or Chinese! Oh it's this right/left group! Oh it's OT Star Wars fans! Oh it's *insert desperate reach of a group here*'s fault! No, it fucking isn't. It's YOU being too moronic to think for yourself and apparently make your decisions based on, again - f'ing SOCIAL MEDIA posts and ridiculous website meter ratings of all things - telling what to like or not like.

This shit just never ends. It was music's fault that any kids committed suicide in the 80's. It was movie's fault that kids ever started smoking or trying drugs in the 90's. It was video games' fault that any kid ever got violent in the 2000's. Now it's social media's fault for ALL the things in the 2010's. I'd say these kinds of vapid shells of people should be embarrassed, but clearly they're not smart enough to even know why.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Dude...didn't you know? It's always easier to blame other people (and in some cases...things) rather than accept accountability/personal responsibility :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  3. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Ohhhh I'm acutely aware, and that's my whole point: it's always someone else's fault.

It used to be funny - watching these kinds of sheep try to convince anyone including themselves that they do think for themselves - but now it's just terrifying on an epidemic level because there's sooooooooo many of them, and just as many others justifying, believing & condoning their bullshit. The sheer proliferation of it has only proven that Darwinism apparently got trampled and died in the global sized stampede of idiocy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Validating the worth of a movie based on ticket sales and dvd sales of a decades long franchise is not a valid measurable of its...I dunno worth or importance...hard to find the appropriate adjective for this.

First, every SW fan went to see this at least once being part of the core trilogy.

Second, regarding home sales, it doesn't take into account that SW fans bought the home version regardless of whether they liked or hated the film simply because it is a SW movie. How many of us bought every TF film despite not liking the actual film? I'd bet a great many.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I did not. I've been a Star Wars fan since the first movie in 1977, and I skipped TLJ because of how they treated Luke Skywalker as a character, and because TFA was so disappointing. I doubt I'm the only one.

7. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    I actually liked TFA, but I can agree with you about TLJ. TFA for me was a fresh start...so it had some "excitement" to it. But then it was all trashed with TLJ. Ah well. Episode 9 remains to be seen as to what it'll do to the whole story line. I'm even avoiding these so called "spoiler" or "leaks" videos on YouTube because I want to give it one last shot.

8. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    It's always possible that they can redeem this trilogy with a good episode 9. I'm a fan, I want to like Star Wars. I don't enjoy the fact that live action Star Wars has been so disappointing to me. But I'm not going to support a movie I don't enjoy just because it has the name "Star Wars" in the title.

I say live action because I just finished a months-long run watching Clone Wars and Rebels, and LOVED both series.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    LYBIANS.jpg

I dunno… this crap is getting old.
    You have a Director who, on video, says that when he makes a film he wants half the people to like it, and the other half to hate it...
    … and when half the people dislike it, instead of being happy he goes on the assault. Calls fans assholes, man babies... causing critics to double down and amp up the rhetoric. Do we fans feel 'entitled' to the movie we want? It's our time and money, so sure- but it pales in comparison to the ENTITLEMENT that Disney, Lucasfilm, RJ, and all their affiliates obviously feel to our endless hymns of praise and money.

The Last Jedi made me unexcited for Episode 9... and this war between Disney, Lucasfilm and the media VS. people who have cash to spend on movie tickets and blu rays was amusing for a while, but is now starting to turn me off of Star Wars altogether.

Go to RT and look at TLJ rating: and while I'm not interested in talking about aggregates and such, I'm more interested in marveling at the disconnect between the media and the average person.

• Like Like x 10
  10. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    I still have yet to finish rebels. Loved Clone Wars and am stoked it's coming back! :D  But yeah, I even tried keeping an open mind even with Solo. That one....yeah I'd rather watch TLJ again. But hey, if people like it, they like it. Doesn't mean I have to.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I watch bits and pieces of Rebels, but yeah after Clone Wars it's a hard pill to swallow.

Really hoping Disney doesn't fuck up season 7.

12. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    We'll see soon.

13. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Admittedly "everyone" is a loaded term, but you know what I meant despite your personal experience. The point of my post was that numbers are deceiving when such a film from a popular franchise gets a lot of blind trust, but it is not an indicator of worth...if that were the case RotF would be on the level of the Godfather.

14. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll not wonder if there's an article saying the backlash for Batman V Superman will be blame to foreign trolls and bots.
    Or to make easy suspect, Marvel Trolls & Bots :lolol 

My gosh.. Social Media.. Mark Zuckerberg, what have you done? :lol 

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I have faith because it's the original cast and creators, and they're basically using scripts that were already done. Not much room for cocking up stories that are already finished but yeah we'll see.