Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Haloid1177, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Lord Shockwave

Lord Shockwave Well-Known Member

Here's what I'm hoping for:

The fallen Jedi, Luke Skywalker, donning a rebuilt Darth Vader suit, has turned to the Dark Side and his only hope for redemption lies in old friends and his Jedi son.

That would absolutely kick major ass.

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    No... no it would not.

3. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Not sure if serious.

4. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You Serious? - YouTube

5. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    No wait, it could be great! After fallen Luke, now named "Darth Truder", dons the suit he could start building this massive battle station in space that looks like a moon and has the ability to destroy an entire planet. But the plans get taken by rebels and hidden in R2-D2 (little known fact, D2 actually stands for Deja-Vu squared) again and he, along with C-3PO wind up on Tattooine where they get taken by Jawas and sold to Watto who refurbishes droids as erotic dancers for Jabba's son Babba the Hutt who has a sick droid fetish. Then Boba Fett rises from the Sarlaac pit like a kick-ass phoenix, liberates the droids for some reason and steals the Death Star which he uses to cruise around the galaxy taking revenge on everyone who has wronged him, including Darth Truder. In that way the galaxy is saved from Darth Truder, the droids are safe and sound and Boba Fett is restored to the radically awsum pop culture icon he is. Oh, and at the end he de-weaponizes the Death Star and turns it into an intergalactic nightclub. And he's also Luke's son because clones.

6. Murasame

Murasame We like to talk big, vampires do

News Credits:
    I guess I've seen that already.

7. Lord Shockwave

Lord Shockwave Well-Known Member

Absolutely serious. The "Vader" suit would be tweaked, obviously, but I would like to see Luke go the way of Anakin. For his fallen love Mara Jade or something along those lines. Or that he becomes overconfident or overzealous in his quest to immerse himself in the force and decides to make a trip to Korriban for, you know, academic purposes.

Luke as a villian, at this stage in Mark Hamill's life, would go over better. It would be completely unexpected and add a much greater tension for the viewers to see "old friends" at odds with one another, something beyond the old gang just getting back together again to fight a new evil.

And Han Solo saving the day, perhaps with a sacrifice of his life (Ford ain't gonna be around forever).

Yeah. I want to see this.

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Honestly I wouldn't go for Luke becoming a Sith at all. The Vader storyline's finshed just let it rest in piece. There's no need to bring it up again and it would just rethread ideas. Besides Luke has already proven that he'll never go to the Dark Side why would he do that after all he went through?

I would rather see something on the lines of a Bounty Hunter empire that's been growing in secret and it would lead to Hans death or maybe a rise of another droid army led by someone similer to General Grivous.

9. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

10. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I get the appeal of mirroring certain themes, but Luke becoming nuVader, just sounds terrible. Luke going over to the Dark Side in Dark Empire was fine for the EU, but let's leave that there.

Luke should be the new "Ben Kenobi" to the next generation's Jedi(s).

11. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Agreed. And oddly enough until just now I never imagined what Luke would look like with a beard. Has Hamill ever sported facial hair?

12. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, just google "Mark Hamill beard". He looks kinda "Ben Kenobi" like.

13. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Wow, a beard suits him very well. I'll almost be disappointed if he's not beared in Episode VII...

14. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

The "Luke Skywalker as a villain" idea sounds nice at first, but I think that would go against his character arc in the original trilogy of not giving in to the temptations of the dark side. The scene where he chooses to throw his lightsaber down and not kill his father would lose much of its meaning.

15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  16. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

While I would love to see more adventures with an older Luke Skywalker, I would really like to see Mark get into better shape. He doesn't have to be buff like he was in Empire, but just trim down a little. Old Luke would be awesome. Old, fat Luke... not so much.

17. Cracka J

Cracka J tfs / kicks / rasslin / sfa2 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would envision my take for luke to be some kind of zen like obi-wan by now. He is at peace with the universe, his choices in the original trilogy bonded him with the path of light.

Leia is the one I would be questioning if Carrie and the character return. She chose to fight alongside the rebels in the original trilogy, but she never knew she was related to luke until the end. She had never trained as a jedi or tapped into those powers. Luke had, and made a decision regarding it. Leia was never exposed to it, but she most certainly can be, and most certainly could be an equal opposite of luke.

I'm not saying that's the direction they will take, but the SW franchise and core story has always been about the "balance", and that one period of extreme tipping toward one side just leads to another period of extreme tipping toward another. If Luke's has tipped the scales in favor of the light, there has to be an equal or greater counterbalance to him. Leia is the only known person in the SW universe to represent that right now. Perhaps an extreme tragedy could force her to tap into that power, and she will not know how to control it.

18. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Because I still really think this could be awesome, here's another visual reference...

[​IMG]

19. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be pretty cool to see the new republic slowly growing with a mysterious sith in the shadows. Maybe Leia could slowly gain more political power and be corrupted by the fast path of power..Maybe she could be used or seduced by a sith lord. Hopefully played out a little less obvious (to the viewers) for the big plot twist when she’d forced to Kill Han and stand-off with Luke or maybe even her own Jedi Children. She does have Anakin’s blood in her. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
    Just a thought.

20. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Hoult is definitely one of the better up-and-coming actors of this generation. He's proven himself to be a good dramatic, comedic and, obviously, action-oriented actor.

Not to crap on the character of Han Solo, but it's not exactly a role that requires two Oscars and an Emmy under your belt to perform. Comedic timing? Action chops? And as long as you're not a completely awful actor, those things are pretty much the core of a Han Solo performance.

I think the biggest hurdle here would be his age, rather than any acting ability.