Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Haloid1177, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
  2. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    I cant believe they got the Admiral back, even with Nien Numb.

Well put Lucasfilm.

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Admiral Ackbar! :D 

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
  5. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
  6. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    "In a 2012 interview, Lloyd said that his role in the Star Wars franchise made his childhood a "living hell," adding that he had destroyed all of his merchandise from the film due to anger he felt toward the project."

:(  That is sad. We can fanwank about these films all we like, but if we're not careful we may just end up ruining some peoples' lives.

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    That's all on George.

8. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

It's not his fault that the fans can't let it go. You don't like the Prequels? Fine. Don't watch them again, don't think about them again, don't let hating them waste another second of your life. For some reason fans can't do that. That's not George's fault.

And Jake Lloyd's inability to deal with the fallout isn't George's fault either.

9. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

You know what they say, hate leads to suffering.

Bad movies happen, and hating people because of it isn't gonna prevent them from happening again. Just try and enjoy the good movies more than you unenjoy the bad ones.

11. Rewind

Rewind Data Slug

News Credits:
  12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

Hell Yes.

Now he can truly shine as Obi-Wan.

13. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

A-fucking-men. I honestly believe nobody is at fault when it comes to the prequels and this is coming from somebody that actually likes them. I mean, it has been over ten years since The Phantom Menace. You would think they will be able to get over it by now and maybe even grow the hell up a bit and no, I don't care how old the OT Purists/Fanboys think they are. Then again, what do you expect from a fanbase that's filled with a bunch of child-hating sociopaths at least 50% of the time?

The only bit of Star Wars related news ever since Disney buying the franchise that I'm actually cautiously optimistic about. Give me a small teaser or even a few behind-the-scenes photos and you got yourself a deal.

14. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Actually, some of us can. But in a public forum when discussions like this come up, or when people claim TPM and AOTC aren't bad movies, I'm gonna voice my opinion which contradicts such a narrative. Furthermore, disliking something or someone does not equal "hate." This buzz word is used all too often by people to demonize, and cause an "end of discussion" sort of tone when people are debating the merits or failings of certain subjects. It's unacceptable.

That said, for the record, I enjoy ROTS. It has a few dreadful flaws (like the "Noooooooh" and death-by-heartbreak BS), but IMO, it is far more enjoyable than either TPM, or AOTC, or ROTJ, none of which I've watched all the way through since I saw them in their first run at the theater (or in the case of ROTJ, since the 1990s).

He didn't write the stories for both movies?

Yes, and no. Jake Lloyd is not at fault for his part in TPM. THAT I agree with. Lucas is the one who wrote an uninteresting, underage character who was not endearing, and THAT certainly is the old man's fault.

15. Coot83

Coot83 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree with you guys that Lucas gave some negative publicity for Lloyd's role in TPM, but after this much time hasn't he found some way to deal with the movie? I could understand if it was still a year or two after the film, but I mean I think even most fans will move on to a certain extent. Funny thing is, I actually like the prequals and thought the kid did pretty good considering a fresh young actor like Lloyd probably had little to no say in what his character was to be like besides what Lucas wanted.

Coot

16. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    That whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. He's a huge Star Wars fan.

Paper Droids Nicest Sith Ever? An Interview with Star Wars? Jake Lloyd - Paper Droids

17. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I'll always appreciate Lloyd for being in that awesome Phantom Menace poster where his shadow is cast to look like OT Darth Vader. I know Episode I was a disappointment, but I still have fond memories of all the hype around the opening of it.

18. Rewind

Rewind Data Slug

News Credits:
    My ears perked up at this part:

I'd actually like to see all 6 hours. And yes, I know this makes me a terrible human being. :D 

19. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

I'd watch it, but I would still fast forward through any Jar Jar nonsense. Really would have been sooooooooo much better for the story if Captain Tarpals had been the one who went on the adventure. It would have made more sense to have him as the bridge between the "humans" and Gungans since he's a military leader. In addition, good "comic relief" (in a non-comedy) has to come from unlikely sources at unlikely moments. A serious character getting caught up in something that breaks down that wall, and could have made for a much better film. Instead, we got a character who's a total ass clown, but again, that's where the "FF" button comes into play...

20. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran