Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Well evil never can be defeated. Lucas thinks war is pointless and Jedi shouldn’t fight them. Yeah Qui-Gon discovers a way to live on as a Force Ghost but that doesn’t mean the Sith can find a different way. The Rule of Two ended with Vader and Palpable anyway and Paplpatine is arguably the most powerful Sith ever. Why can’t he do something never done before? Live on as a Force Ghost through will. After all it’s “unnatural.”

I’m really saying all this cause I want to Force Ghost Palpatine to show up and force mug Yoda or something. Evil ghosts? Didn’t Lucas have Sith ghosts in his treatment for VIII?

True but there’s a first for everything.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  2. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Also true. Force pull/lightning/speed/telepathy/apparitions didn't appear on screen until they did, so if they want Palpatine back on screen they'll write a way for it to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Maybe I'm misremembering things, but wasn't there a Sith ghost in the Clone Wars episode where Yoda goes to Moraband/Korriban?

4. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I think. However, I thought it was supposed to be kinda like the cave illusion from Empire Strikes Back. It’s been a while since I watched that episode too though. The “ghost” was none other than Darth Bane by the way.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Don’t Sith Holocrons do that too, except it’s not actually a “ghost”.

6. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True. Evil as a force of nature can never die, but evil people can, and do. That's what I am talking about. How fulfilling of a victory would it have been if palpatine would have been haunting Luke for the entirety of the gap between the OT and NT. He'd spend every minute of his life hearing Palpatine's voice telling him what he's doing wrong, or maybe getting force lightning shocks whenever he touches something. That's not what the rebels fought for!! LOL :D 

But really, Star Wars (the OT), at it's core is a fairy tale. And in fairy tales the evil is supposed to be vanquished, never to be heard from again. So it seems weird to me to bring back (especially palpatine) as a force ghost. Star Wars has evolved since then, so who knows what will happen. Like I said, I don't think it is a *bad* idea, it would just have to be handled in a certain way for me to accept it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pharoid

News Credits:
    I hear you but (everything before a but is bullshit right lol) the OT certainly plays that way at the end but Lucas is definitely also playing with the concept of cycles. Republics mature become fascist states get overthrown Republic starts again.... Jedi defeat the Sith, Sith defeat the Jedi, Jedi are reborn. However I have to give you that the Chosen One is supposed to bring balance to the Force by presumably destroying the Sith. So Palpatine coming back would fuck that up. That being said winning is always temporary, nothing ever ends. It would be cooler to have a Darth Bane holocron or Ghost, maybe after they establish him has a character. It would be neat to have SW character active in different times. Maybe the GOT guys will flesh out the SW universe a lot more.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Before the but got a little jokey, but evil people can and do die. And evil as a force in itself must always exist, or else you can't have good by default. Balance, yin and yang, yadda, yadda, yadda. If palpatine were to come back in some form, I would rather that he be summoned and not be able to interact with the physical world (e.g., like in a seance, for lack of a better term) by Kylo Ren (or whomever), rather than just pop in when he wants like Yoda and Obi-Wan. (Side note: maybe that's what Kylo was trying to do with Vader's helmet in Ep 7).

I agree that GL was heavily into cycles by the time of the PT, yes (sybiotic circles between Jedi and mitichlorians, Naboo and Gungans, etc.). The PT felt more like a fable than a fairy tale. Especially by Episode 3 where Anakin's visions of Padme's death became a self-fulfilling prophecy, since the one person who wanted to stop the visions from happening, directly caused all of the actions that caused them, like a downward spiral (another circle!).

9. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Right -- let's remember that this series is called STAR WARS -- emphasis on that second part, because you can't really have lasting peace, if you want to continue on with this story about the wars that happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Speaking of evil people dying, Hux must die in IX. He MUST. If they kill him off, IX will automatically be at least 25% better regardless of what else happens.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Yeah I am pretty sure Lucas said the Jedi were “balance” and the Sith imbalanced things. But you know misread his vision may have been.

I don’t think Ghosts should interact with the physical world. But I don’t mind inanimate objects, like trees. As long as they don’t fight people or anything. Haunting and moving stuff okay.

Bingo

I love Hux Domnhall threw himself into that part. FA speech is awesome.

12. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh God I hate Hux. Just hate him. It's not that I love to hate him, I just flat hate him. Just a real visceral reaction to that guy. I hope he dies on his knees, begging for his life, I hope it's real painful and drawn out. Lots of tears. Maybe some light maiming to start it off. Some real suffering is what I want to see, is what I'm saying here.

Hate that guy.

13. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    The guy is an asshole for sure. (The Character for sure)

For a guy that can give speeches like that, he sure does like to whine a lot. He's a rat. Especially when he was about to kill Kylo in Episode 8.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Which Hux? The one from TFA? Or the one from TLJ?
    As far a I'm concerned they were 2 different Hux's.

I'm hoping TFA's Hux is in Star Wars Plan 9.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pharoid

News Credits:
    That’s dark.

16. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Well-Known Member

He did get turned into a bit of a joke in TLJ. To be honest, there was a part of me that was hoping to see him turn his stormtroopers on Kylo Ren Order 66 style when they invaded the empty rebel base.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pharoid

News Credits:
    He was so comically over the top in FA, TLJ did right by him.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    ......he was a joke from minute one. He's a fucking Hitler Youth member wearing his daddy's big boy jackboots and doing a poor job of it. How was that fucking guy not a joke?

• Like Like x 4
  19. Pharoid

News Credits:
    I so agree with you. He is the same guy in both movies.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Agreed....but the "Your Mom" joke by Poe to him was awful all the same.

• Like Like x 1