Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Now they have to uncanon the previous Snoke canon.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think calling it canon is being generous. As I remember it, there was a giant new deformed hologram dude barking orders in TFA with zero explanation of who he is or what he does, then the same deformed dude showed up in TLJ, was sitting pretty in a red room barking more orders, claiming to be all knowing and all powerful right before NOT knowing he was about to be sliced in half by the same person he claimed he could control... again with zero explanation of who he is or what he does. Haha I legitimately barely remember he was even IN these at all, let alone what his silly Snuck-a-Snook name was, so they can un-canon him all day long and it won't make any difference.

Then again, I still call all these "memorable" characters Toothy Jedi Chick, Pilot Guy, Ex-Stormtrooper Guy, Ballbot and Goth Vader, so I might not be the best person to make this judgement.

• Like Like x 1
  3. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    he has canon?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Kylo Ren: Papa Sheev says that I have to kill you, but I won't.
    Rey: Why not?
    Kylo: *blush*
    Rey: owo what's this?

• Like Like x 6
  5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    At this point I'm far more interested in the reactions than the movie itself. Like can anything actually kill this movie, will people defend literally anything? I'd expect it to make a billion and be "certified fresh" and all, but who knows anymore after just these past couple years of media.

• Like Like x 2
  6. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

When does JJ start wearing a "My Snoke Theory Sucks" shirt?

• Like Like x 4
  7. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Do not underestimate the power of the IT'S ALL CANON NOW Disney NuEU.

Of course he had canon. Well, he had some mentions about being around since the before the Jedi purge and hiding.

• Like Like x 1
  8. flamepanther

Sequel Sycophants: See? SEE?? That proves they planned for him to be Palpatine all along!
    (even though we know otherwise from Serkis and Trevorrow just for a start)

• Like Like x 6
  9. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If JJ is wearing it shouldn’t it read “My Snoke Canon Sucks”?

• Like Like x 4
  10. flamepanther

Y'know, Johnson's depiction of Snoke as this opulently rich oligarch was fine at the time. But if
    he was just a mass-produced, remote-controlled clone of Palpatine,
    then it seems kinda odd.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Too Much Horror Business TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well aren’t you getting a little ahead of the plot. He isn’t a clone of Palpatine, unless he is a shape-shifter. It was much funnier when you guys were all hellbent on time-travel. Remember when ROS was going to be this awful movie about time-travel?

Oh the good ole’ months ago.

12. flamepanther

I wonder, what does the word "if" mean to you? Speaking of getting ahead of the plot.

• Like Like x 3
  13. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Too Much Horror Business TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Uh-huh.

14. Rodimus Prime

This is the same guy who leaked the throne room scene you gushed over. Now he's making stuff up? thinking3.png

• Like Like x 2
  15. Incepticon

News Credits:
    Yeah, at this point, nothing will change any minds. Not anymore. The people going into it convinced that they'll love it, will. And the people going into it convinced they'll hate it, will. No one is going to be on the fence.

Either way, it'll still crack a billion dollars within a week because that's just what happens now, and any/all division we're seeing now will pale in comparison to what's coming once this thing is actually, viewed & reviewed. Moderators of ALL forums across the entire net should be preparing for this like it's a fucking incoming election result, haha.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I dunno. I'm honestly on the fence. I'm willing to wait it out and see for myself. I might laugh hysterically when I come out of the theater, or I might enjoy it and think it better than TLJ. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Won't know til I see it. With all these "leaks" and "rumors," I'm starting to think JJ and co are secretly trolling us to get a reaction out of all of us. I could be wrong.

Or...we could just expect everyone to follow the board rules. It seems to be the more simple and easier approach.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Incepticon

News Credits:
    Yeah I want to be on the fence, but I think I'm admittedly too pessimistic about it at this stage. I liked TFA as I have quite often stated, but TLJ screwed things up sooooo badly (imo) that I just see no possible way in this whole thing being salvaged. If for no other reason that just because no matter how good TROS might end up being, it still can't erase the existence of and references to TLJ. I view that as a massive problem.

But that's just me. Who knows - maybe there will be mass redemption somehow. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Well yeah, I agree, but Star Wars threads... anywhere... everywhere... heh, they ALWAYS go to shit. It's like an unspoken rule these days. I'm sure THESE ones will be... manageable. Hopefully. But the actual hardcore super fan ones elsewhere on the net? I can't even imagine how brutal those places will be.

• Like Like x 3
  18. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I'm also on that fence. I think it's possible that it may be better than TLJ and TFA. Maybe.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rodimus Prime

The people who were upset about TLJ aren't going to be the biggest problem, if we go by the GoT thread. Those already have no expectations for a good film, and so at worst they will be laughing and sharing memes. The drama will be from the ST fans who suddenly hate the Rise of Skywalker, and those that love it.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Incepticon

News Credits:
    Oh that's the only thing I am sure of: that it will absolutely be better than TLJ. But also, I don't know if that really says much.

Honestly, I just want to generically enjoy it like I did with TFA. That's all I'm really hoping for at this point. I realize that TFA is not really a good or unique or whatever else movie, it rehashes ANH, it could have done MANY things much better, blah blah blah, but I'm not that hardcore of a SW fan to really give a shit or let it ruin my world. I still enjoyed it for the most part, and it is/was the ONLY new installment that I thought deserved to be included with the original three. No prequel or solo spinoff movie ever felt like SW to me, but TFA did. If I can at least get that feel from TROS, great, I'll consider it a win. A lame win that deserves giant sarcastic quotes around it, but a win nonetheless. ;) 

To a degree, yeah, probably. But don't underestimate the legions of "ha, I told ya so!" people just sitting by with their popcorn waiting to pounce at the first sign of negative reviews. That is where most of the trouble will come from - debates between the two sides - exactly as they typically always do now. Our own threads here provide endless reference proof in that regard.

• Like Like x 1