Star Wars: Clone Wars (TV series) - Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prowl, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    Eh, Resistance is good for background noise, unless the preview panel I'm going to tomorrow shows interesting things. Mandalorian seems exciting to me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LightningBlade3

LightningBlade3 Destined to be a Prime

News Credits:
    No interest in The Mandalorian? I feel like most people would be at least intrigued by it considering all the talent behind it and it being the first live action Star Wars TV show.

On a slightly unrelated note, man do I feel alone in loving what's coming out for Star Wars. Outside of one fan group on Facebook, I rarely see positive talk about the franchise. I get that not everything has lived up to expectations, especially with The Last Jedi. Even I had my fair share of some disappointment with some aspects of the current state of Star Wars. But in the end, I find it's just more enjoyable to focus on the positives rather than dwell on the negatives.

Celebration has, for a second, restored my faith in the fandom, especially after seeing all the support for Kelly Marie Tran and Ahmed Best (which I'm sure we'll see more of tomorrow during the Phantom Menace panel). But step onto YouTube, Twitter, or other social media platforms, and you see pretty much nothing but hate.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    I spent over $1000 just so I can experience Star Wars for the past five days and tomorrow here in Chicago. There's several of us who enjoy it, it's just that we're not very vocal lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

I hope the toxic SW fan base will die down soon. It’s impossible to even discuss the franchise without the same negativity coming up again and again.

On topic, I’m glad Clone Wars finally gets to have a proper conclusion. It’s been so long since I’ve watched though that I don’t really remember where things left off.

• Like Like x 6
  5. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

IRL Star Wars fans and Internet Star Wars fans are almost two different things in my experience. Can't say I've ever had a discussion about the franchise with people in the same room that's been even 5% as terrible as the state of discourse on the internet, not even about stuff that people hated.

The modern internet is just trash in general, social media algorithms and click based revenue models means that shitty behavior and stirring the pot is actively encouraged and rewarded. That's not just a Star Wars problem, it's everything that people take too seriously or personally identify with at the expense of common sense.

• Like Like x 3
  6. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As long as it is not animated, I won't vonsider it canon... I mean plenty of Clone Wars comics straight up contradict movie and toon canon, like Grievous's origins or Ventress being more like the Tartakowsky version.
    I have been using torrents for literal decades and never once "broke" my PC... Seriously, it's not hard to set up a good virus scanner/firewall. Also just plain common sense helps, like not downloading suspicious Exe files with the videos, or checking rar/zip file content before unpacking. I am by no means a computer genius so if even I can do this, so can you.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  7. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Only, I’m pretty sure the comics you’re referring to are no longer part of the official canon and labeled as Legends. And I believe there are plenty.

Ultimately the two big things that adapt unfinished episodes are the Darth Maul: Son of Darthomir comic and Dark Disciple novel.

Those are the big two. One is Darth Maul’s final major arc on the show(but not his last appearance) and the other is the conclusion to Ventress’ story.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    I'm interested, but not really hopeful. It has a lot of good talent I like attached, but my expectations are low.

9. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Name of that new Clone unit that looks cool?

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    I was already excited for this and the new trailer just added to that for me. Clone Wars has probably been one of my favorite parts of the franchise ever since it started and I'm glad that it's finally going to get the ending that it deserves. Interested to see how Ahsoka gets from here to where she is in the start of Rebels as it looks like she's rejoining the Jedi or at least teaming up with them again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Clone Force 99.

She's only teaming up to take down Maul, as she learned about his takeover of Mandalore. She never rejoins the Jedi. I actually have the novel that details her life after order 66 but I never finished it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I am really looking forward to these final Clone Wars episodes. I love this show.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Thanks.

14. jogproof

jogproof Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The Ahsoka novel is really good especially the audiobook that's read by her voice actor. But I would recommend waiting until after the show wraps up because while it will be nice seeing the story visually I really wish my first experience of it was these episodes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Oh, cool. Either way looking forward to it. Is the novel worth getting? Been thinking about picking it up.

16. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

I actually read the Ahsoka novel in its entirety a couple of years back. It is fairly decent though a bit underwhelming in some places. Honestly, I suggest borrowing it from a local library first before deciding for yourself on whether it's worth buying or not. And if it is, I certainly would not recommend buying full price for it even if you are a hardcore fan of the character. All in all, it is not the best book it could've been, it's definitely not one of the worst either.

• Like Like x 2
  17. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

It sounds like you're referring to the older legends material that came out before The EU wipe. Dark Disciple is absolutely canon, and the same with Son of Dathomir and anything else released since 2014. Outside of stories that take place earlier in the Clone War, you will never see Ventress again past that because she is canonically dead. Also, Son of Dathomir in particular details how Maul escaped Sidious's capture, the death of Mother Talzin, and how Maul regrouped his remaining forces, eventually fleeing back to Mandalore.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    So far, all the Novels since the Disney reboot are hard canon, but it does beg the question of how long can Disney keep up this "Everything is Canon" approach they claim before it collapses beyond their official Story Department's control?

• Like Like x 1
  19. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

It already having quite a fair amount of inconsistencies also really doesn't help any, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Galvatross

Galvatross Put down the kool-aid Veteran

I am ready.

• Like Like x 1