Star Wars: Clone Wars (TV series) - Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prowl, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

"True Star Wars fans hate Star Wars." I don't know that I agree with that. There are some valid points, but "hate" is a pretty strong word. One could even say it leads to suffering, but that's beside the point.

I've been a fan of Star Wars since the beginning. I consider myself a "true" Star Wars fan. I love the movies, I have read some of the books, a lot of the comics and I even have a Jedi costume and a handful of lightsabers for special occasions. I don't hate Star Wars by any stretch of the imagination.

I think, for me at least, disappointed might be a more appropriate word. The word "disappointed" works because we all have heard the stories about what could have been had George not been more interested in merchandising or in pushing the limits of practical, and later digital, special effects. By hearing those stories, we then picture what could have been in our minds and, naturally, everybody can do it better their way.

Am I disappointed in Episodes I-III? Yes. Am I still entertained by them? Yes.
    Am I disappointed that we got teddy bears instead of Wookies in Return of the Jedi? Yes. Does it take away from my enjoyment of that movie? No.
    Am I disappointed that Han Solo got watered down in Return of the Jedi? Yes. Does it change my opinion of the character? No.

I think a true Star Wars fan can view the movies, flaws and all, and accept them for what they are: escapist entertainment. There's a wonderful story there, it's just that sometimes you have to do a little digging to find it.

And it's not like George's changes have been all bad. At one point, Han Solo was going to be green and have gills and at another point the entire cast was going to be made up of little people.

2. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Once again: "People who alter or destroy works of art and our culture for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians" says George the Barbarian.

Star Wars is and was a cultural phenomenon, and while I'm sorry that it may not have lived up to his own expectations, the original trilogy has hordes of fans that deserve an un-edited version; free of whatever Lucas believes the movies should have had. And to clarify further, I don't care that he makes "extra special" additions, but that only those edited versions are what is available to the public (unless you track down laserdiscs or the have the old VHS tapes).

When it comes to the prequels, Switch625 explained it best with "disappointed." When I went to see the Phantom Menace, opening night, I wanted to very much love it, but all I got was "disappointment."

3. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    Just caught up with season 5. Totally don't blame Ahsoka for
    quitting the Jedi Order after they totally threw her under the bus like that.

4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Taking a blunt, black and white view of an out-of-context quote so you can call people names = bad show.

Anyways, it's absurd how this show has great story arcs like this past one or the Maul/Deathwatch one yet also has really, really dull ones like Ondoran and the droids (and for whatever reason feels *everything* needs to be a 4-parter).

5. Reaper2006

Reaper2006 Elite Sniper

6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

YES!!! I finally have my own internet again! And as I only managed to watch The Wrong Jedi episode last night, I now want to comment on it. Although I wouldn't be surprised if everything's already been said by now.

I liked the arc and this episode. It was heavily cliched but I've seen worse and the story served it's purpose well. However I doubt that this is the last we've seen of Ahsoka Tano and I expect we'll see her and Ventress teaming up again. It's likely Ahsoka leaving the order means she survives order 66. So I wonder if we'll see her getting hunted by Vader in a comic/game/cartoon/novel?

Bariss Offee being the bad guy was kinda random but it served it's purpose of making Ahsoka feel she couldn't even trust her friends. If she had helped the woman from Sabotage bomb the temple but didn't know she was going to kill people then started to panic, it would have at least been easier to believe compared to her turning to the dark side.

7. mrcaino9

mrcaino9 Leakin' Lubricants!!!

I hope so, i'll be extremely disappointed if she survives. Her death could further push Anakin/Vader to the darkside especially if her death is by his hand.

8. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    That last episode was powerful. Ashoka gave her life and loyalty to the order and they threw her to the wolves for political reasons. I didn't think she would go back after that.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I think that episode made Ahsoka the single more relatable character in the show.

I'm glad all the Jedi get broken.

10. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    It really is crazy how this show has made you feel differently about the Jedi and actually want to side with Anakin's eventual turn from the order.

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i highly doubt it too. after all, it IS her story. lol

12. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Although there surpass to be the strongest and wisest Jedi's in the galaxy i just can't believe on how stupid the Jedi Council can be at times.

13. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    It just proves how powerful Sidious was. For him to fool even the mighty Yoda, that's saying one thing. To fool almost the entire Jedi order though, that's something completely different.

Still wonder how he'd compare to other sith lords like Bane or Revan though.

14. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Sidious is great at manipulating people, and is pretty powerful.

Revan is a tactical genius, and is also powerful.

Don't know much about Bane.

15. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    He's pretty much original gen sith lord. Got tired of the other sith lords because they were weak so he systematically wiped them out. He's the one that he either went back to or came up with the rule that should only be two sith-master and apprentice. Haven't gotten around to the third novel yet, but the first two are some pretty darn good reads. Can't recommend them enough.

16. Reaper2006

Reaper2006 Elite Sniper

Bane more than create the Rule of Two he revolutionized the whole Sith Hierarchy for generations to come until Darth Krayt's rise to power in the Legacy Era

17. Lord Shockwave

Lord Shockwave Well-Known Member

18. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Seems to be a rumor for now, but would be sad if true. I'd at least like them to wrap everything up.

19. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Hopefully it's just a rumor. I hope the show at least gets to wrap up it's story. All it really needs to do is show Sidious' plot with Maul and show the deaths of or indicate the future for Ahsoka, Ventress and Rex.

20. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i hope not. because that is a pretty lousy way to end a series. great way to end a season. but POOR way to end the series.