Star Wars: Clone Wars (TV series) - Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prowl, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    Tim Curry was awesome, as always.

2. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

I know its confusing but there are two different characters Adi Gallia was on the council in episode 1 and 2 until she is killed during the clone wars. Her cousin Stass Allie takes her place in the clone wars until she dies in episode 3 during order 66. Go to wookiepedia and you will figure it out.

Then there is the Eeth/Koth/Agen Kolar thing...

3. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    You mean the guy with the horns, like Darth Maul?

4. Hotshotprime43

sort of he's not the same species as maul but he/they do have horns

5. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    It is a Good Episode. But as Haloid said, It's more of a Series Finale.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    If Ahsoka didn't die during Order 66 is it possible that after all this time the Skywalkers aren't the only jedis remaining?

since Ahsoka could have settled down or something?

7. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

I'm pretty sure there were other Jedi who went into hiding and were never discovered during the years of the empire. The galaxy is a huge place. No way could they have all been snuffed out in 19 years.

Eeth Koth is, in fact a Zabrakian.

8. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    So, they are the same species?

So, like humans, they got differnet skin tones, I guess?

9. Hotshotprime43

so they are the same species.... for some reason i thought they were just similar with the horns and all but i was just wrong with something about... Star Wars? wow i just died a little bit inside :( 

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Yup. Just like people, aliens in Star Wars can be very different between eachother.

11. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I always assumed there were more Jedi out there in the galaxy when I was a kid. I really liked this episode. I think this season wasn't too bad. I know the droid arc got stupid and long but the commando at the end was cool (if only for 5 minutes). I like to think Asohka lives her life freely outside of the events of the movies. I'd rather she not be some senseless casualty off screen. I wouldn't even mind seeing an entire season of "her story" if it every came around to being a possibility.

I think an entire season of her and ventress fighting with or against bounty hunters would be kind of cool.

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

tim curry needs to sound more like tim curry. other then that i really liked the episode. it showed that the jedi might be just as bad, and corrupt, as the sith. they care more about self preservation, then they do, about one of their own.

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Koth has tats, too. But they're more subtle lines.

14. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    I'm more of a Trek type-person, with Wars coming second, which is why I don't know much about Star Wars complexities.

15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    That's okay. These aren't things that make the universe turn. Just little tidbits.

16. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Fantastic episode.

I've always prefered the Clone Wars to the Prequels, but these last 3 episodes really solidified that notion -- the acting, the emotion, the story -- it's just better.

THIS show has an Anakin that I can actually believe would turn to the Darkside.

17. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i believe he already has.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    There were moments in the duel were you could see the immense frustration on Annakins part where it seemed like he was really holding himself back. Same with the Ventress fight. He could've ended both quickly (but fatally) but needed them alive to further his goals.

For the first time this season we got a decently choreographed lightsaber battle. Especially at the end the fight choreography was sufficient to show their emotions. Annakin normally follows every four and six parry with a riposte, but didn't at the end because he would've downed Barriss, leading to it seeming like his patience wore out when he decided to just toss her into a tree to end it before he would be forced to kill her.

Pfft. You still acknowledge the prequels? I've long since held the personal canon that episode one happened, then something vaguely liked episode 2 happened, this series, then the original trilogy. I've oft mentioned in this thread how much I'd like to see them throw out ROTS and make their own version.

Also, I enjoyed the cameo of the old teacher Jedi and even the kids from the way too long storyarc.

Since I'm not up on the EU anymore, do the Jedi Guards have a name? Loved their designs.

Curry as Palp/Sid I'm fine with, he can definately do what needs to be done, but the article that announced him made it sound like he sounded like Ians version, which he didn't really.

Finally, the end of this episode, while predictable (I knew as soon as the Jedi stripped her of rank and title that she was never returning, even after being cleared), the cinematography was just fantastic, as was the somber end credits. I also liked the irony that Bariss is essentially correct, but being viewed as a terrorist at this time.

19. Lord Shockwave

Lord Shockwave Well-Known Member

Incredible finale, and most likely, the series finale. The animation these past four or five episodes has been just cinematically epic. What a stirring ending! I mean, many complained about this season, but when you take the emotion of these past five episodes, I think this season ends up being more memorable for me than any other.

Ahsoka's fate has been answered, but burning questions remain. Top of the list for me are two: What's the fate of Darth Maul? and What's the fate of Captain Rex?

I mean, you can't just have an iconic character like Maul's story incomplete. There has to be closure. If I had to guess, I'd have to say it will be about his redemption. Wouldn't be surprised if, at the end of the day, he sacrifices himself for the greater good. What a twist that would be.

20. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    I'd be pretty disappointed if that were to happen. Maul has always been ruthless and it'd be so cliche if he gets a "redeeming" death. He should stay pure evil to the very end. Just because Palatine whooped his ass, it doesn't mean he has to die doing a good deed. No more of this the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" type nonsense.