Star Wars: Clone Wars (TV series) - Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prowl, Oct 2, 2008.

1. BlueSigma

BlueSigma Well-Known Member

I saw this episode and all I can say is wow. This is a good example of why sith have a rule of 2 and what was obi wan and yoda thinking when they told Luke he had a chance to beat Sidious. This fight makes yoda's skill with the force even more impressive. Maul and savage didn't stand a chance. I can't stand they brought maul back but after seeing how they are treating the character (and made me feel sorry for him when Sidious broke him and sidious not caring. that just shows there is always a bigger fish in the sea ) his return is like good bad mistake if that makes any sense.

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    They really did a good job with Satine's death. The back and forth between Maul and Obi was good, the silence when she's stabbed, the score when she's talking to Obi, one of the better scenes of CW. And then it's all upped again with the Sidious duel.

Also, that first action scene with the Mandos fighting in the air had some impressive animation. Loved some of the camera angles they chose for flight.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Fuck, when did clone wars become AMAZING all of a sudden?

Satines death was very touching and tragic. I've never been a big fan of her, but she's been a very important player and Obi-Wan loved her.

The Sith showdown was incredible. Is it any wonder Sidious is the lord of the Sith? And it lasted forever. Sad to see Savage go but I felt he served his purpose, as well as making Maul a bit mroe three-dimensional. (afterall, the main thing that drives Sith to become so engrossed in the Dark Side is attachement)

Very, very interested to see what happens to Maul next. That episode didn't dissapoint at all.

4. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Caught this episode this morning and all I can say is.....(cue Ron Simmons) DAMN!!

5. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    This season truly is the darkest. With both the Duchess and Savage dead, it makes me wonder who is next? I was also quite suprised to see that Bo Katan was Satine's sister.

I wonder what Sidious will do with Maul?

6. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

That was a great episode. I can't think anything negative to say about it. I loved the action scenes and the death scenes were well handled. Obi Wan is probably my favorite Star Wars character so it is interesting to see how this arc is going to affect him. Darth Maul is being handled really well. He had like two lines in the Phantom Menace and now he has become kinda like the Khan of The Clone Wars. He is really testing Obi Wan's limits. At the same time, we are getting a parallel between Obi Wan and Anakin. Overall it was a great episode and so far it has been one of the best arcs in Clone Wars so far.

Also, there was at least three or four obvious A New Hope references. The ones that stuck out to me were the "you're my only hope line" and the part where Obi Wan steals the Mandalorian's armor.

7. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What I wanted since the end of last season happened, and it was as great as I hoped. Sidious had to get off his butt to clean up the mess. Even without that, this was a great episode. I wonder what will happen to Maul now.

8. BlueSigma

BlueSigma Well-Known Member

This got me thinking, throughout the prequels and cw we see obi wan and anakin in similar situtation yet make different decisions. obi wan saw his master and someone he almost left the order for die at the hands of the sith and he never succumbed to the dark side yet anakin over the mere thought of his loved one dying succumbs to the dark side. You would think that given the situations they are seeing in the cw obi wan would have given in before anakin.

9. Reaper2006

Reaper2006 Elite Sniper

10. godotislate

godotislate B Gata H Kei

News Credits:
    Interesting tidbit from Dave Filoni about George wanting to basically kill off everyone who isn't in the movies. Ahsoka and Ventress, amongst others, are still out there.

I'm also a bit curious about the future of the series now that Lucasfilm is owned by Disney. It's widely thought that it will move to Disney XD, though there's been no confirmation yet. But beyond that, George was willing to take on quite a bit of expense to do the show. It's clear that the budget on CW is quite a bit larger than other CG shows such as GL and TFP, and that budget is something George was comfortable with. I wonder if a public company like Disney would be more bottom-line oriented, and if there will be any sacrifices in production because of it.

11. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

Palpatine "Now you -will KNEEL!!!!"

12. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

This is funny to me because I thought of something like this recently. I read an article about Terrence Stamp's experience on The Phantom Menace and I had no idea up until that point that he was in the movies. Then I realized why they elected Palpatine over him. I immediately laughed at the the thought of a choice between an evil galactic empire or kneeling before Zod.

13. Lord Shockwave

Lord Shockwave Well-Known Member

Wow! What an incredibly epic and cinematic episode.

That lightsaber duel was definitely up there with the best. What amazes me about the choreography is that Sidious' style of fighting was exactly in line with his fighting style in ROTS. Did you notice how he was just playing with Savage when he was battling him one-on-one when Maul was down? Dude didn't even 'unsheathe' his lightsaber for a few moves, just casually dodges Savage's, er, savage thrusts. Also if you notice, when he battles Maul thereafter, it's not so easy and he loses that smug grin. I got chills at that point. Well, several points really. Maul always was a badass duelist, but Sidious just easily overwhelmed him in all other areas, force pushing the guy into walls like a ragdoll. I actually felt sorry for Maul. They had their run for a while, but when Sidious' gets personally involved, parties over.

Nice to know that Maul's story isn't over either. I always wanted to see him and Dooku go at it. Maybe in the next season, we'll get that chance. And I would not be surprised to find Filoni set up sort of a redemption for Maul either. It's almost hinted at when Obi Wan tells Maul he knows the village he's from. There's some hesitation in Maul at that point, then his rage pushed whatever emotion he had at that point back.

Mark my word, Maul is not beyond redemption. I won't be surprised in the least to see him die a noble death next season.

14. AMG

AMG Old School

Watching Sidious dominate the two rouge Sith in battle was very enjoyable. Darth Sidious enjoys his work, he had a good time toying with those two.

15. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was straight-up God Mode.

The story was extremely rushed - coulda been 3-4 episodes worth of build, with more focus on Black Sun.

Black lightsaber effect . . . awesome

16. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

So...What's going to happen to Mandalore and Death Watch now that Maul is captured by Sidious?

17. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    I'm assuming Mandalore will be "invaded by the republic" judging by the exchange between Obi Wan and Bo Katan at the end.

18. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Interesting, we might get something like the Original Clone Wars concept.

Years and years before the prequels were even underway, the Clone Wars was meant to be a war between the Jedi and the Mandalorians. Now, in a way, they sort of did this, with the Republic Troopers being clones from Jango, and eventually turning on the Jedi... but to actually see a ton of Jedi (and Clones) go up against an army of Mandalorians, in full-gear? That would be pretty awesome.

19. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Somehow reading that I heard Frank Langella as Skeletor......

20. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I did as well.