Star Wars: Clone Wars (TV series) - Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prowl, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Reaper2006

Reaper2006 Elite Sniper

2. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Wow, what made them think they should make this arc any longer than it needs to be? At this rate, I may not get the season 5 blu ray set at all unless the second set of episodes is REALLY good.

3. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

ok... then this story arc should have NEVER existed no matter how awesome Gregor was. four more episodes being wasted only to dumb down the series for little 4 year olds.

4. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Funny that you say these episodes are for 4 years olds, considering the gripes against them sound like the whines ADD addled children.

Relax kiddies, you'll get more of your laser swords, soon.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wow. Gald you're taking the mature seat, what with the incredibly eloquent "no u" response.

You know, I'm not liking this arc, as I've mentioned, but I didn't have any inclination to elaborate before I read this. You seem to not quite grasp the issue. Regardless of what they're doing, the episodes in this arc are not to past levels and the multiple arcs are coming across as drawn out and tedious. Nothing in this arc has felt rewarding or informative. There's simply not enough story here for four episodes. The problem presented in the first episode of the arc has been drawn out pointlessly long and it's becoming more and more glaring. We're just wasting time, and the writing level seems infantile. The camera-head guy (don't know what it's called) bounces and makes grating, dull-witted banter that makes me think we're in a Dreamworks picture. Ditto the tiny, bouncy, silly looking alien genral with the cliche ironic personality. It's not entertaining, it's not thought-provoking, it's not expanding important issues, it's not doing anything worthwile. This show is in it's fifth season now. We should have evolved past this level of writing long ago. There's several unresolved, and major, plot points left in this show, and with the looming possibility of cancellation (which is why these long arcs exist, if Hasbro's information was correct) this is even more glaring and insufferable.

This show has set a standard and isn't reaching it. That is absolutely a reasonable cause for dissatisfaction, and the fact that you so condescendingly (and outright insultingly) wrote off complaints as juvinile antics is not only hypocritical, but incredibly rude and paints an unfavourable picture of those who still like the show.

Thing is, this doesn't really, well, work. The wait won't be more worth it. This is not excited anticipation these episodes are giving us. It's frustrating bordom because we know we're just killing time until the good part. We're not getting build up. We're not getting hyped. We're staring through glazed eyes at filler. If next week it turns out taht all this was lead up to the biggest and most intense revelation of the series, these last few eps would still suck, and I'd still feel like we wasted time. (Precious time, knowing what we know may very well come)

No it didn't.

I look back and I don't think "boy that build up to Darth Maul was awesome" because there was no such thing. The Darth Maul arc itself was amazing, but the episodes before it are judged alone, not by what followed.

But you see, people do have expectations, expectations given by the show. It's not like people are expecting epic Star Wars action for no reason. We were promised quality, and quality was not given. What do you expect people to think?

The "it'll get better soon guys, I just know it will!" attitude is fine for you, but not everybody gets it. In fact, few people will share that point of view because we're still sitting here watching what we believe (and are completley justified in believing) to be utter tripe.

6. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

It's not that I think the stories in arcs like these are bad, but I just think they've been stretched out far too long. Most of the arcs so far this season could have been half as long.

7. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

No matter how good the remainder of the season is, it still won't make up for the time wasted on the pitiful first half. It boggles my mind that money and time was actually spent writing and animating these past few arcs when that could have been devoted to something more worthwhile. When this series is over, people will fondly remember moments like the return to Geonosis, the battle of Umbara and Darth Maul arcs. There's nothing wrong with filler to be honest. I can be an "accept things as they go" type person as well. But when the material so obviously relies on back-of-the-cereal-box storylines and pastiche characterization, I know that something is wrong and won't hesitate to bring it up.

8. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This. Spread filler out across the season and break it up with interesting episodes, since this season seems to have more filler than good episodes. The last few seasons started slow, especially Season 3, but this is by far the slowest. Doesn't matter how good the other episodes are, because it is a good half meeting a shit half, equalling a mediocre season.

9. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

I never did say that season five is going to turn itself around within the remaining episodes but whatever. Sorry if I don't have the same opinion as everyone else's. :rolleyes: 

I'm just going to stop trying. Maybe I shouldn't join the forums or any conversations/discussion threads after all. :confused2 

Also, if you don't agree with my opinions, please try to respect them as I will of yours. Just don't be a Grade-A condescending jerk that Split Lip is apparently being whenever somebody does not agree with him.

10. LordPrime

LordPrime Dark Lord

As far as Season 5 goes, the Droids Arc was really the only major disappointment for me, though I did enjoy "A Sunny Day in the Void". Really enjoyed the season opener, Onderon I thought was good, Young Jedi was really well done (I LOVED the first episode). Season 3 was much worse (poison tea, cake shopping and banking regulations, anybody?) IMO.

11. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Mature? Yeah, let's talk maturity:

Come on, you certainly didn't need my post to fuel your fire, but I'm glad it helped, I guess...

Look, all shows have shitty episodes. It happens. You have the right to continue to complain about it, I doubt you'd be able to stop, anyhow. I'm just sort of amazed at the level of Nerd Rage these episodes are generating.

My remarks might have been a bit antagonizing, but based on the tantrums I've seen here, I stand by them. I write off complaints as juvenile antics, while the complainers write off these episodes as being infantile. Seems appropriate.

To me, it's the constant whines, that paints an unfavorable picture of the fans. Which is true for most fandoms.

See this, I do agree with. It has gone on too long... but that's no reason to pop a blood vessel. Rusty24, you apparently have more maturity than both Split and me, combined.

12. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

And there we have it. A very good conclusion to the "D Squad" arc.

R2 once again...he's got to be the best warrior, that's not classified a "Combat Droid".

But some of you might see him as the over-hyped Snake-Eyes or Wolverine of their franchises.

Looking forward to the next ep based on the preview at the end.
    :D 

13. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

You know, I'm too bored with the show to watch this episode and I might just stop watching the whole show until they get to Maul and Death Watch.

EDIT: Apparently that's next week. THANK. GOD.

14. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Damn, I really don't know why they moved it to Saturday morning.

I never get to watch it anymore.

15. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

FINALLY WE GET TO SEE ANAKIN AND OBI WAN AGAIN! But besides that yeah another disappointing episode even with the explosion.

16. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

I haven't watched the 4 part Younglings, or this 4 part Droid arc yet; but next week is Death Watch yesssss?

17. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I am annoyed by this as well. I usually eat breakfast around that time and don't finish until around halfway through Green Lantern anymore. Sure, most of the time I can watch them on Cartoon Network West, but it's not in HD and I'm usually doing something on Saturday afternoons. I'm at least glad that I get to watch Young Justice most of the time because it's my second favorite show on TV. I'm going to miss the second episode of the next arc because I have my SAT that morning. I can never catch the episodes on Sunday because I go to church. I wish they would go back to the Friday or Saturday night slot.

18. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    So glad this arc is over. There was no point to it.

19. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

Yeah, that one Droid's sacrifice was a good scene, and all of you are saying that Deathwatch is next, so yay!
    I thought this episode was pretty good, although this wasn't one of my favorite story arcs

Well...you never know, that encryption module might have some significance later.

20. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I haven't even watched the latest episode yet because I know it's going to be twenty minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

Bring on next week already.