Star Wars: Battlefront II

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by megatronski, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:

Maybe it’s high time I give this game a second chance myself...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it's come a LOOOONG way and is actually a game now. Still has a few balancing issues with Galactic Conquest (sometimes it's REALLY difficult to swing the momentum) but it's a much better game than it launched as.

• Like Like x 2
  3. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

looks like i need to reactive my + and put this back on my PS4.....

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This game is actually fun to play and it boggles my mind. And it’s like every new update is CW-based. We have PvE, offline play, game types out the wazoo, new maps and modes every few months.

They just need to add more maps (preferably Starfighter ones) to instant action, a few more CW heroes and this game will have basically everything as far as multiplayer goes.

I still wish you could just find vehicles on the map instead of spawning in as them, though.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    They need to start adding Rogue/Solo/Mando characters. Like get Woody in there with some clever moves. Mando with his tuning fork. How the hell do these games not have Chirrut and Baze?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Went ahead and got it and I really like it. There’s so much to do, it’s such a vast improvement on 2015. That said, 2015 will always have a place in my heart, I grinded with that game for a whole year and shed blood, sweat, precious metal, and a season pass with it, and I like it for a small, barebones Star Wars Battlefield lite.

But this is crazy. The graphics are phenomenal, the hero selection is solid, and the big game mode is truly like a long ass war sequence straight out of TCW. That said, it got too long at one point and I don’t quite have the attention span for video games as other people, so I actually quit because we kept rocking the boat back and forth.

I was most looking forward to Heroes Vs Villains and it didn’t disappoint. Love seeing the main Sith Lords face off with the Skywalkers in one game. There was a great match where I played as Iden Versio - who is unbelievably gorgeous, thank you Janina Gavankar - and got on a cliff overseeing the battle to lay down some fire. But then I heard that all too familiar “hello there”. I actually got to turn around, and then Memelord Kenobi Force pushed me to kingdom come.

Another match had me as Dooku facing off with Yoda and man it was a whirlwind of lightning and lightsabers and their reflections on the gorgeous Theed landscape. Jeez.

Even losing doesn’t feel as awful as 2015. That game felt genuinely hostile to you, the player whenever you lost, especially Heroes Vs Villains. This game feels... I dunno, nicer? Like I don’t feel crushed for losing. Especially since heroes are more easily accessible and aren’t that game of chance like in 2015. And since Heroes Vs Villains this time is the scrapped Hero Blast game mode from 2015 where you always play as a hero.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I absolutely suck at Heroes vs Villains... cause I don’t know how to properly use a lightsaber...

8. Chopperface

News Credits:
    New heroes should be:

Ahsoka
    Ventress
    Cad Bane
    Mace Windu
    Mando
    Cara
    Cal Kestis
    Trilla

If we have to have a Mando villain then Moff Gideon I guess, we haven’t really gotten anybody else.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I bought this over Christmas. It's decent mindless fun. I enjoy the rocket troopers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Oh! Also I really want Maul’s Rebels appearance. Or his TCW appearance. In general I’m kinda weary of his TPM robes already. Love the TCW armor for Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Also the Grand Inquisitor, Seventh Sister, Thrawn, Kanan, Ezra, and Sabine would be cool. Sorry, I’m a Rebels fan. :D 

11. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    In a fit of boredom I tried the singleplayer yesterday.

Wow the AI is f***cking terrible.

In the first level several times I burst into various rooms on the Rebel starship and shot up all of the Rebels on one side of the room, only to turn around and see some other Rebels just doing whatever their idle animation was (repairing stuff or whatever). No reaction whatsoever to the black clad stormie gunning down their friends.

On the Endor Forest level more than once the game devolved into me picking off a gaggle of Rebels who had sprinted up to Del and were standing there eyeball to eyeball with him firing rounds off every few seconds. The AI doesn't seek cover or stay at range. It literally just walked up to the Del and stood there.

On the Endor space level I saw a Mon Cal cruiser a hundred meters away from my flight path. It was dinner time so I figured hey I'll do a suicide run against this and go eat. I swooped it opened fire and... nothing. It just kept trundling along, not returning fire, not taking damage, and not taking any evasive action. Just a part of the scenery.

I doubt I'll put any more time into this.

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I’m pretty sure the Singleplayer has gotten buggier and less responsive with every patch. It certainly wasn’t that way when the game first launched. Every so often they run through and patch some of the bugs but it’s not uncommon to start the Han mission with zero gravity.

13. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

Is Plo Koon in the game?

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not yet.

Though honestly I wouldn't rule him out. The way DICE love TCW/PT era and especially, and I love them for that, I could see a lot of the bigger name Jedi showing up eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  15. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    does anyone know what star wars game this is?

[​IMG]

16. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

Star Wars: The Old Republic, the current MMO

17. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now what u mean by current? I thought that was an old game

18. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's an online MMO from 2011(?) that's still being updated. Related to, but not, Knights of the Old Republic from 2003.

19. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

It did come out in December 2011 (so "old"), but "current" as in still actively updated and played, as opposed to the "previous" SW MMO, Star Wars Galaxies, which ended a few months before SWTOR came out :) 

It is, effectively, SW:KotOR 3, 4, 5, 6 (and a few more, I think), since it takes place in the same timeline as KotOR (but much later on), directly references events in that game and has different main stories for each class up to the end of the initial release content (hence being more than "just" KotOR 3).

It may well be losing that particular status, though, since there have been new rumours of a potential KotOR 3 :) 

20. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds and looks cool, not sure if it’d Work out for me, my computer can’t handle pc games anymore and I don’t have great dexterity at them. Still, looks and sounds cool