STAR TOYS - ST-01 - G1 Blitzwing

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ArkhamSoldier, Dec 11, 2022.

1. MrOrange645

MrOrange645 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    1b6ocq.jpg

In all seriousness it NOT just Blitzwing. I don't know how old you are or what introduced you to Transformers. But I can speak for me, and I was born in 1980. I literally grew up on the G1 toon. I watched it everyday on an old console TV and I was in the theater for the theatrical release of the movie. I used to save up my allowance to buy the G1 toys. So when it comes to my toys, I prefer them to look like the cartoon. I prefer the "not quite accurate." If I want accurate, I'll get into model building. I want what I grew up watching on TV.

Because again, I want what I saw on my screen as a kid. I really don't understand why so many are upset and have spent 30 pages now arguing about it. Choice exists for a reason. That's because your opinion and my opinion are not facts, they are merely preference. If people want real life accuracy those options are out there. Fans Toys is SUPPOSEDLY producing a Blitzwing with a tail. But you can't fault this designer, who is literally known for toon accurate designs, for following the current trend and going full toon.

@BIOMEC not all of that was directed at you. You got trapped on my soapbox, sorry.

• Like Like x 16
  2. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Same here. But as a kid, playing with TF's for hours----any particular character I had spent a lot more time "in my hands, right in front of me" than they ever did on-screen. Just one hour of real-life Blitzwing play, is more time than he got on-screen during the entire first run of the franchise.

So to me, the toy is the main experience growing up, by far. It'd take a whole lot of reruns to surpass that as the "main influence growing up", time/impact-wise.

And even as a little kid, I could tell Starscream was an F-15, and Blitzwing was a MiG. One was more accurate than the other, but it was clear to me what they were supposed to be----and I was always disappointed when the toon looked LESS like the real thing in alt-mode, than I knew they should be based on the toys.

For me, I want "better versions of the toys I had", not "worse versions that exaggerate the worst aspects of the toon".

• Like Like x 13
  3. Casey P

Casey P Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I'm with you. I want the toys that I remember/imagined that I played with as a kid. The fully posable robot that transformed into a plane and tank that looked exactly like their real world counterparts. "Robots in disguise". I didn't revisit any of these childhood toys until a few years ago and I was blown away by both the fact that the new MP toys were light years ahead of what I had as a kid and that I completely misremembered how basic and uninteresting my childhood toys and the cartoon actually were at the time.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    The names of the programs were the "Character Simplification Schemes"

Not going to waste any further time with you, as you clearly want to argue over things which you do not understand.

6. FrenZ

FrenZ Well-Known Member

MP-10,

Cloud9 Quakeblast Shockwave,

Gigapower Dinobots,

MMC Cassette Tapes,

DS Blaster,

they all have that updated G1 toy feel to me that I love.

*Edit forgot to add Apollyon!*

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Some sort of carbon-based bastard.

Yeah, please stop making me regret selling Quakeblast. It's bad enough without people rubbing it in.

8. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Amen! Amen! Amen!

Someone give this man a medal, an ice-cream, whatever!

That'll teach those butthurt Hasui loyalists!

*In before someone comes in and posts that caption of that ridiculous and badly drawn Devastator and makes the obligatory oafish statement along the lines of; "So you want your masterpieces to look like this, Hurr Durr?" *

• Like Like x 6
  9. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You've just been made aware of another. I want animation model accuracy in all modes if possible.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Destruktiw

Destruktiw G1 MP collector

I actually didn't watch season two as a kid so I'm not nostalgic at all. I like how the chibi jet looks and that's it. As a grown man now, I really like it. As I said, not everything should be realistic. Even if it is considered a kind of mistake, I still think that even mistakes have their own charm. I generally prefer realistic vehicles, such as Constructicons. I want vehicles with a lot of details. On the other hand, sometimes I also like chibi, as is the case here. Now we have the opportunity to choose because we have choices and that's great. Those who want a slightly more realistic plane can freely choose, for example, the FT Berserk. A similar situation is with Powerglide. I also prefer the chibi plane over the ugly A10. As for the Blitzwing, I don't hate the Mig 25, but the chibi is more to my taste. I also think that when I have realistic vehicles and chibi vehicles on the shelf, it will give some variety so that the collection will not look boring.

• Like Like x 4
  11. FrenZ

FrenZ Well-Known Member

:stick: 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jim1981

Jim1981 Well-Known Member

Apparantly a Europeanborn Chinese who has studied in Beijing and Shanghai forces me to argue over things I do not understand. Alternative facts?

That said does anyone actually confirmed yet this is the same designer of TE and DS?

• Like Like x 1
  13. aurance

aurance Well-Known Member

Good thing for you that FT Blitzwing is waiting for you in the future.

I mean why can’t we have both?

• Like Like x 2
  14. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    But that's precisely what you want! :confused: 

Blitzwing alt modes are poorly drawn versions of a poorly designed toy, most people like it because of nostalgia, but that's it... You like what you like I guess :lol 

But fortunately Berserk actually looks closer to the MiG I want, so options for everyone.

:lol :poke 

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Which one?

16. Destruktiw

Destruktiw G1 MP collector

Blitzwing is redesigned for the third time (If that's true) so you might have jet even closer to real accurate MiG .

• Like Like x 1
  17. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Nope, no one wants a Devastator that looks like that but as bad as it looks it still looks better than anything the Bayverse ever crapped out of its ass!

:D 

There are tons of screen captions that do him better justice than that image, the point is there is no way you could even make an MP Devastator look like that, there'd be too many lines giving the figure more detail because all of the things the robot have to transform into.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Von Schwarzenburg

Von Schwarzenburg Member

OMG. I really like him

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 38
  19. ArkhamSoldier

ArkhamSoldier Broke as heck

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 41
  20. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy