STAR TOYS - ST-01 - G1 Blitzwing

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ArkhamSoldier, Dec 11, 2022.

1. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

The direction into the vaporware bin?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Futureye

Futureye NoNeedToTurnOnYourBlinkerIfYou’reAlreadyInADitch.

Correct. That’s exactly what I meant by the pictures I attached. In making Transformers, there is no such rule that a certain figure has to be styled a certain way. There are usually several different versions of each character that are different in style and details. The more different styles of a certain figure are made, the more likely it is that every Transformers collector will find a figure of the style that suits his collection. As you know.

I like animation accurate figures -> I collect transforming figures, which look animation accurate to my eye. Simple as that. :) 

And yeah, there sure are a lot of options (a lot of stylistic trends) for different companies when making Blitzwing character, for example.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  3. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

Was the comic for me I read it before the cartoon came out :)  I loved season 1 and 2 but season 3 just got to stupid.

Character wise the comic and cartoon could be far apart just look at the difference between the dinobots.

Both have their good and bad points.

4. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remembering to put the rear control surfaces on a plane isn't that time though.
    I mentioned Landing gear snaffus though as looking as Hasbro's Blitzwing made me realised a double hatch on the top of the turret would hve made that hatch double as rear landing gear.

5. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This guy looks really good and I am tempted, despite being one of the weirdos who really likes Ditka. But damn that tank mode is messy.

upload_2022-12-13_8-39-35.png

I know as TF fans we're used to screwholes, pegholes, and hinges, but put enough of 'em on there and they really start to add up. Some tank greeblies would help to distract from them but they went pretty minimalistic/toon style here which just makes all of those things stand out really badly.

Yeah, those really help him look better. I know it's still pretty far from an accurate Mig (and honestly I would be loathe to have any of my money go to the Russian government as licensing fees) but having the G1 figure's tailplanes just makes the design work so much better (of course they're missing from Ditka too).

• Like Like x 3
  6. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

True! He knows how, in other words. I don't know if he's just decided because of how the animation looks to just keep the 'upper block' of the leg from rotating, or what. But I really wish he'd cut that out.

Still, back to the positive, I'm very much looking forward to this figure. And everyone flipping out about the transformation. And TransformsIntoAGuitar's transformation video that beats everyone else's (and making it easy for me!). :D 

• Like Like x 1
  7. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey @Mykltron, you need to buy this. Dude needs a video!

• Like Like x 2
  8. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Vectron Labs-Only Collector

News Credits:
    I wonder if the screw holes will be less noticeable once it's fully painted.
    upload_2022-12-13_13-16-53.png
    Too bad we didn't get an overhead shot.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or a coloured render frontal view of the tank! I'm interested to know if it's really just a mess that's neither realistic/toy accurate nor toon accurate with the nosecone. If it's coloured either full beige, or in a way that suggests the toon nosecone, that might help it look more like one or the other.

I love the bot mode - amazing articulation and I love they dared do the wierd thighs, but both alt modes I prefer FT so far. I love toon accuracy generally, but there's several points of evidence that Dery was drunk and/or high the day he drew Blitzwing, so I don't mind some things fixed! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Possibly. It wouldn't be the first time an issue looked awful in renders and/or prototypes but was barely noticeable in the final product. I guess we'll see. But, like I said, it would be a lot less noticeable if there were tank greeblies to distract your eye from the various holes. They stand out a lot more in a smooth surface. This is not to argue that the figure should go with a realistic style rather than toon - just that it's a consequence of the toon style.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Destron1

Destron1 dalianjj's new account.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is one but wasn't uploaded properly on the opening post. Here you go:
    FB_IMG_1670957354871.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  12. StoneCold Skywarp

StoneCold Skywarp Best Served Chilled

I'm not sure. The ones on TE Blaster were pretty egregious from what I recall of the render and they translated over to the finished product too.
    Then there's the slider on Prime's calves that stand out too. It's almost like a design quirk at this point as it's so common!

• Like Like x 4
  13. mechman22

mechman22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes my TE01 prime definitely needed a splash of blue paint on the calf slider head to clean that up.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly. The smoother and more toon figures get, the more all those screws and pins stand out. If TE's Blaster had come out 10 years earlier and had the more greeblie style that was common back then, the screws wouldn't be nearly as noticable. These days, my favorite figures are the ones that do their best to hide or minimalise the holes. I think the DS figures actually do a pretty decent job for the most part of not having giant holes and screws on the surfaces that are most likely to be facing the viewer and it's definitely true that the issue may be much less of a problem in color - part of the reason why painting Prime's ankle pin works so well it's that the leg is a relatively dark color so the holes don't stand out as much once the bright silver pin is painted a matching dark blue shade.

• Like Like x 3
  15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I put a sticker cut out of blue vinyl over those on mine. Conceals those sliders WAY better than paint could, got lucky and found the right color blue. It's barely noticeable, but if I had to do it again I would cut a square that covers the whole side of the leg, that way it would be seamless and practically invisible.

• Like Like x 2
  16. StoneCold Skywarp

StoneCold Skywarp Best Served Chilled

Completely agree with you. I've got the 6 TE related figures in my collection and not even remotely tempted to switch any of them out.

If this were shown alongside the Coneheads in a toon style then I'd be looking at cancelling a few pre orders and praying that they took a crack at Astrotrain.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Peterson0260

Peterson0260 I stare back.

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    And if the render doesn't suit your fancy, here's an unpainted prototype pic.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    I'm really surprised American retailers are putting preorders up since this is still in prototype stage. That's unusual for them

19. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Supporting the theory it's weeks away and not months, maybe? Who knows...

• Like Like x 13
  20. Mykltron

Mykltron Well-Known Member

It's nice to see I've got a bit of a reputation! I have my eye on this figure.

• Like Like x 7