Star Fox Zero for Nintendo Wii U

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Transquito, Jun 16, 2015.

1. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wholeheartedly agree! My ideal Star Fox game would one that brings forth Rogue Squadron elements, forces you to make split decisions during battle to break off and do a side mission to get mission accomplished status, brings in flight formation controls with your squad and added a bit of depth to the story. To be honest, I feel like every Star Fox game is the same just with updated graphics. I'd like to see a little more in the future. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Fox for what it is, I just think Factor 5's team spoiled me on how a flight game should be.

Odd thing though, I had the urge to play Star Fox 3D, and in doing so, I kept wanting it to aim like Zero despite my initial dislike for those controls, lol.

2. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I'd buy that in a heart beat.

For now this game's a rental at best. Only because it doesn't have multiplayer pvp. Still sour about it.

Star Fox back in the 90's was all about the dog fights between my buds.

3. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Played thru the story in Co-Op, I piloted and my bro (who beat the game) did the shooting. It went... better, I guess. Not so bad when you only have to worry about half of the controls. Though the lock-on camera thing is still absolutely awful, especially during the final boss fight, made even worse since the game doesn't at all compensate for the lack of cockpit view for the pilot.

Skipped the Zoness level and passed on the Titania route, which helped make the game faster and more enjoyable. Also found out how to fight Wolf on the robot bird level, which was pretty fun.

Disappointed there's evidently just the one ending, though. This game really wanted to be the 64 game, but it misses out on one of the cooler aspects of the original.

4. RustyBarnacles

News Credits:
    Give it some time when you do rent it. I think you'll get frustrated with it at first but after playing a bit you'll come to enjoy it.

I haven't beaten Andross yet, not good enough. I am going back in to a bunch of levels to gain medals, high scores, and find secrets. So far ive found 5 "secret" levels that don't appear on the regular map which are pretty challenging and fun. All of which are aerial missions.

5. seali_me

6. RustyBarnacles

News Credits:
  7. seali_me

I knew you'd like it. :D 

I checked out their out stuff too. Hilarious.