Stan Bush Remake of "The Touch"

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Swingshifter, May 14, 2009.

1. alien

alien Command

cool! like it!

2. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, already a lot of pages so it really doesn't matter what I say anymore, but still I want to vent my opinion :p .

Blegh..why can't Mr. Bush let the Touch die? To me it seems he's getting more and more desperate to have his cult hit included in new Transformers material...

Admitted, I think the chorus is actually very catchy, but the horrible rapping destroys it for me. If it was done by someone more capable, it might have been slightly less bad, but still, I think he should have gone without any rapping whatsoever. Also, the whole sound of the song, it just makes me feel he's trying too hard to make a Linkin Park-esque song, because he knows something like that would be included for a soundtrack.

So overall..I think the spirit of the man is right but he should stop doing this...I think he deserves better. :) 

3. Dream Warrior

Dream Warrior Well-Known Member

"Embedding disabled by request". I guess he didn't appreciate the criticism.....

4. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    No disrespect to the man, but a great artist is one who knows when to stop.

5. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Wow, that was crap. Pure cheese at it's worst.

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just noticed that myself. I was feeling a little down and was looking forward to a quick laugh. Now I actually have to go to YouTube for the laughs directly *sigh*

...unless of course it has been removed entirely.

Transformed

7. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Comments have been disabled.

I went back and tried to watch it with a serious mind set. At 2:22 I burst into laughter. "WHOOSSSHH!!!" :lolol :lolol :lolol  I can't do it. It's humanly impossible not to laugh at this.

I still prefer the original. If it ain't broke......why make a crappy version with a rapper who's skills are on par with Vanilla Ice.

Can't wait to see what Vangelus and the gang says about this in the next podcast.

8. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Different, but I like it.

9. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its just when they are trying to be all serious and brooding towards the end, for no particular reason, all three look like morons, especially the "rapping" dude and the freaky guitar player, he just grins and nods.....like....wtf?

10. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

The problem I have with it is the change in tone changes the entire meaning in the song. The original said to me that "The enemy has killed many of my friends, but I'm more determined to win now." This new one say "I've lost and all my friends are dead because of me." The rapping sounds like it's trying to give the same sense as the origianl, but I don't think it succeeds.

11. primal-convoy

primal-convoy Well-Known Member

Look at the guitar guy again and imagine Stan is singing:

"...You've got to touch...you've got to deflower!"

Hilarity and mirth with follow.

12. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    I find this disturbing on so many levels...Will the man please let go...just let go buddy....it's okay.....

13. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Kind of my feelings. I realize the high point of this guy's career was the Transformers soundtrack, but this is even lamer than that fact.

14. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Jason Mewes makes a better rapper than that old ****.
    The freaky guitar player is grinning because he realizes this song is a turd and will never sell, but he's getting payed anyway.

15. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Well Bumblebee could play it to fry Megatron's circuits and then NEST could dump him in a volcano. I'm 15 and started watching Transformers with Beast Wars, but I saw Transformers the Movie and remember a bit of the original. Although I wasn't a fan of 80's music. I understand that the movie may have been the best thing to happen to him but for god's sake let it go. Let Linkin Park take over, geez.

16. solloron

solloron Member

I really wish he never made that remake...and i hope to god it doesnt end up in ROTF

17. buffbeefbroth

buffbeefbroth Holier than Thou

I agree. Plus, this remake probably just killed our chances of having the original in there. :redface2: 

18. Spyro

Spyro Banned

I'ts epic fail. I hate it. Lord, please don't let this be in RotF...

19. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

I don't think it probably killed our changes of having the original on the soundtrack, I think it did kill our chances...I also find it funny when this was first posted the video had 4 and a half stars when I looked and now it's only 2 and a half-ish stars :lol 

20. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    I agree. It's a new generation, the 80's are over, and frankly, the original version sounded wierd, not qualified for a battle like music, or anything epic. At least with this we get something. I like it alot.

Why do you continue to hate it so much? It's awesome! :dj  I understand, and I doubt god will appear in the new ROTF movie, but please, leave it alone already! The song is cool!

What? that's not original?

I hope it does, that would be cool! It's not an epic fail, what, you want a happy song playing durring devstators rampage?

Geez! How can you hate it so much?