Stan Bush Remake of "The Touch"

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Swingshifter, May 14, 2009.

1. Fago

Fago Encore enthusiast

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That sounds... mmm... "different"

LOL!!!! Absolutely true.

That explains...

You've got to quit smoking that shit... seriously.

Hahahaha, good luck with that!

2. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to be disrespectful, but didn't he try this last time- recording new music and trying to get it into the first movie?

His songs from the animated movie do have a special place in many of our hearts (including mine), but honestly if this was that big a high point in his career that he's this determined to force his music back in again- I'm really surprised he's still making music.

3. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Ahahahahahaha...say cheese. The original is 80's cheese to me as well, but Wow...I could have written a better solo on the guitar in like 15 minutes. That guy playing guitar was old, he should have known that power chords don't make a solo. Where's your chops creepy smile? They're faces have hilarious expressions throughout the video.

What a cheesy song. The words to the song could be sung in such a much less cheesy way...I swear...and no...imitating Linkin Park (which suck imho) is not the answer STAN the man.

Rock/Rap hasn't been done worth a damn since the days of Rage Against the Machine and the Beastie Boys.

I'm sorry...I should have said Power chords and hammering on the second or third fret for the solo....

wow...and some people really think that is "great" guitar??

4. Praxis

Praxis Active Member

The guitar is great! Definitely sounds like a Linkin Park-esque version of the original. I look forward to hearing it live at Botcon!

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I think it's really quite awful. And what's with the 40 year-old rapper?

The dude has 2 songs, and instead of making a new one, he remakes one of them from 25 years ago. This is simply a generic effort to meet to lowest common denominator to try to get into a film soundtrack. He should stick to birthday parties.

6. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

This literally made me want to vomit. I was such a wonderful song once upon a time,, such a wonderful song :(  .

7. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

my ears..... :( 
    Awful! Absolutely awful!

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One good thing I will say about it. The new version is better than Mark Wahlberg's version in the movie "Boogie Nights".

9. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Guitar Guy is probably banned from being within 40 feet of most birthday parties.

10. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

Horrible attemt to update what i refer to as a classic.

11. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh.......My........God:crazy: 
    Im sorry but that is just bad and whats with the Ba Ba Booey looking rapper dude lol . He is not only milking his song but he is also trying to be Linkin Park. That was 2 min of my life ill never get back, i had to turn it off before it went to far. The rapper guy pushed it way overboard i think and his attempt at singing in such a hiiiiiiiiiigh voice..
    Sorry Stan but you should just pack it in with that song or try writing something new..

Ba Ba Booey Ya All
    [​IMG]

12. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    watched it again.... its actually ummm, not THAT BAD, it sounds better than alot of crap playing on the radio or that is even popular now, but thats not saying much....

13. joeysmindless

joeysmindless New Member

The song is ok. The "rapping" makes it sound stupid though. You can't be the winning quarterback of a Superbowl, and then come back 23 years or so later and do it again. Don't ruin a good thing by embarrassing yourself!

14. Autobot Optimus

Autobot Optimus Autobot Commander

Seriously?!?!?!? Damnit, after two years in therapy from being raped by Michael Bay, my 80's childhood comes back only to be raped again by the one person I thought it was safe with...

15. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My biggest question. How could the director actually think this was going to look good when it was finished. Their the most random 3 people you could see in a band or music video. You've got Stan Bush, an old dude, singing an old song in a high pitch voice. You've got a Mike Shinoda wannabee rapping along side the old guy, and then you've got the creepy guitarist smiling throughout the whole song.
    I feel sorry for Stan if he was hoping this would launch him back to stardom.

16. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here is my interpretation of the "emo-sadface-guilt-???-shots" that start at 3:11 --

it seems that Stan realized what he had done and was hanging his head in shame.

then the rapper guy, who was a fan of the original song, also realized what he had done. He rubs his neck in a desparate attempt to find his jugular. (Made obvious by the fact that that guy agreed to do this, he isn't very bright and seems to think that the jugular is on the back of his neck.)

finally, the guitar guy can stand the guilt and had just taken an overdose of Prozac. He is in his happy place.

Though I listened to it again as well, and I would actually really like to see it in the movie now. I really like the chorus. The rapping makes it sound like another Linkin Park song though. Guess Bay really likes that band.

17. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

that is the single most awfull soudning thing i've heard in a very long time, team up a hasbeen singer with a shitty no talent crap band...take an ok song from 20 years ago.....and...wow.

18. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    That's funny. I was listening to his old, new The Touch when I saw this pop on the front page.

Further evidence the universe revolves around me. :thumbs2: 

This is kinda lame. Though I place the fault entirely on that other guy. Rap sucks, dude. It has no place in a rock song. When will people learn this?

The original is way better than this.

19. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    You ever seen Boogie Nights?

20. lemonherb

lemonherb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not crazy about it myself. The rap interludes didn't fit. I think he's trying to shake off the criticisms in his last effort for the new movies by making the music sound more contemporary, but there are instances where he still sounds very 80's.

As for the video, didn't work for me at all