SS86 Springer in-hand images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by linkinparkirony, May 14, 2024.

1. GUIGUI

GUIGUI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    T30 Springer is peak triple changer. I just find it better, with his car mode actually looking like a car and his helicopter mode actually looking like an helicopter (okay, maybe the helicopter mode is the weakest link, but it still looks like a convincing one) and it does it while using actual elements of the other modes while still looking the look, unlike Legacy Sandstorm where the helicopter mode has to basically be folded away to be hidden and the buggy mode get simply enclosed within. It's on par with, if not better than, Animated Blitzwing.

But I get that if you want an 86 movie accurate Springer this new one is better, but I feel like the T30 Voyager does better at capturing the spirit of Springer. Also, T30 does a far better job at doing a helicopter-blades-that-turn-into-sword. It's even profiled to make it looks like it ha take-off aerodynamic, if that make actual sense.

• Like Like x 7
  2. sikkusushotto

sikkusushotto Well-Known Member

My thoughts and my plan exactly.

3. Seanprime

Seanprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a wreckers shelf where T30 Springer and Sandstorm go and legacy sandstorm and 86 will go with my normal g1 movie shelf and season 3 shelf. Best of both worlds

• Like Like x 1
  4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Really happy with the remolding and new weapons here. Springer joins Ultra Magnus as a well-deserved upgrade for SS86!

Let's see more like this!

• Like Like x 11
  5. Dome Zero

Dome Zero Kup and Hot Rod just bought it!

I'm sure it's something you'd only think about after watching Transformers: The Movie 500 times, but by including the sword from the Dare to Be Stupid sequence as a separate accessory alongside the helicopter blade sword, are they saying the sword from the fight with Wreck-Gar is NOT his helicopter blades but just a regular sword? My entire life I've assumed it was the blades because of the toy, but Wreck-Gar does break it, and we see him go to helicopter to escape from Unicron at the end of the movie with no problem. Was this a moment of realization for anyone else?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

It is now.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Dome Zero

Dome Zero Kup and Hot Rod just bought it!

YES

Two is a trend. I'm going to put this up on TF Wiki with a caption that says "Swords spring eternal" or "I haz 2 swords now lol."

• Like Like x 2
  8. Relic Hunter

Relic Hunter Well-Known Member

Yeah I totally agree, T30 Springer is super underrated just because it's not G1 accurate

Just like VNR Prime, it's an amazing figure and reinterpretation of the character in a unique yet well-executed way

• Like Like x 2
  9. aurance

aurance Well-Known Member

For me T30 Springer is up there as one of the best (official) TF toys ever released, period.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Relic Hunter

Relic Hunter Well-Known Member

Older figures deserve more love, it's tragic that people forget about how good T30 Springer was because there were remakes that happened to be more accurate to a cartoon

It's going to be tragic seeing people one day forget about Holiday/VNR Prime because of a more SS86 Prime which will undoubtedly be at most just as good as the Holiday/VNR mold (you can't beat perfection)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Wreckneck

Wreckneck Well-Known Member

I mean I was fully expecting a new mold, but if this is the case, I think I'll stick with the one from Siege, since that's clearly all this is barring some color and molding differences.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    T30 Springer is spoken of all the time....
    But,VNR is underappreciated and underused, it should have gotten the Target Deco.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Starscream1997

Starscream1997 Well-Known Member

Honestly it does look really nice I appreciate the improvements. Never got the Siege version so this is a nice purchase. T30 Springer isn't going anywhere though. I will wait for a discount ngl.

14. maloney4playz

maloney4playz God's Strongest Broadside hater

News Credits:
    Crackpot theory: this guy is gonna be redecoed into either marvel comics or toy colours next year and included in the Mayhem VS wreckers line

15. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be weird, seeing as they did a toy/comic Springer just two years ago in their previous Wreckers line.

16. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I honestly think that’s more likely where Sandstorm with his alt. cartoon / comic head will end up, he was never in the Movie like Springer so won’t end up in Studio Series ‘86 but he had the same head both in animation and in the comics.

• Like Like x 2
  17. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i AM really hoping this comes to be as I am skipping sandstorm for now since I want the cartoon head and not a toy face on a cartoon head kind of thing which matches nothing. Of course if it doesnt happen then I am going to regret missing out on the best g1 version of Sandstorm made to date

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd bet on them not passing up an opportunity to get the cartoon people with Sandstorm.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They already did a Wreckers variant, it looks great... Might also double as toy variant. I think they should just re-release it unchanged.

20. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, Wreck 'n' Rule Springer is full on toy colors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2