SS86 SLUG!

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Dachande, Jul 5, 2021.

1. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, this is a great idea. May I suggest clear plastic pen caps. You might be able to find a clear cone shape that’s close enough, and just file the sides. Then take a head from some cheap dollar store toy to put inside. I don’t expect you to easily source this material, but you might come across the right stuff accidentally if you keep the project in the “back pocket”. DEE810D4-CC12-4543-9C5D-B5092B4E93EC.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  2. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Got a Japanese Slag last week in Japan when he released here, and I'm pleased to say that the issues I had with the US version I got a few months back from Amazon have all been fixed: tight knee rachets, tighter fist hinges, even more securely tabbing backpack/tail assembly. So while it sucks that Japan releases everything severl months after the US, at least they're tweaking things and making them a bit better for the more discerning Japanese fans. I also think it's an issue with Hasbro being "do or die" with their stupid release timing (probably for bully retailers like Target and Wal-Mart's benefit...) and are probably starting production before the molds have been fully adjusted.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rewind

Rewind living alien robot cassette man from space

News Credits:
    It could just be you got one from a ‘good batch’ instead of actual changes for Japan. I bought mine from Amazon in the US two months ago and it has tight knees, tight wrists and no issues securing the backpack assembly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the QC is largely random. I got more than one Slug toy. The first was all good joints, while the second, obtained about 1 or 2 months later had one loose hip (in/out swinging joint) and a wobbly knee ratchet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Got him as a Christmas gift. Like SS 86 Grimlock he feels like a MP 10 era figure placed in a proper CHUG scale. Also like SS86 Grimlock I think this is the definitive CHUG scale Slag for the next decade.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bacems

bacems Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Old):
    So i just got the set.
    I swear they just asking for daniel to be put in that position.
    20211229_153622.jpg

In other news, slag is great.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :peoples: 
    Classy.

Anyway, the local Walmart has about 15 of these guys on the shelf. I'm thinking of picking up a spare when they hit thr inevitable clearance racks in case the knees go bad over time.

• Like Like x 1