SS86 Grimlock and Wheelie found At US Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Glhboy, Jan 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GT4586

GT4586 Member

News Credits:
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    It's going to be unfortunate when you commit to this and by the time we've gotten confirmation on all 5 Grimlock is long out of stock and being scalped for triple.

• Like Like x 14
  3. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The early wave Studio Series Constructicons agree.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

This, pretty much. Buy and keep in package as a worst-case scenario, and you can sell it off if it never happens.

• Like Like x 5
  5. IDWDrift

IDWDrift Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    And I still haven\'t even got Earthrise wave two. Yay. 

6. Nemesis Reformatted

Nemesis Reformatted Banned

I'll wait until all of them have been released. Another set of Dinobots isn't really high on my priority list.

I don't really care either way. I just got the POTP set a year ago. It's way too soon to be thinking about buying another set of Dinobots. If I ever buy another set at all. I'm sick of buying the same characters over & over again. At this point I'm pretty much just trying to get 1 updated version of every G1 character. I'm also not doing Beast Wars again. I just want to fill in the holes on my G1 collection & be done with it. This has got to stop at some point because it takes up too much space.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I saw Scrapmetal everywhere for a while. Had I known then what I know now, I'd have bought a spare to cash in now and pay myself back for God Neptune.

Only other figure I've seen do this type of thing is Greenlight. She's going for INSANE prices which is weird since she's the last member to come out.

Gonna bookmark this so we can revisit it in a year when you're upset that you can't afford Grimlock.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nemesis Reformatted

Isn't that a nice little trap? You feel like you MUST buy immediately else suffer the wrath of the scalpers & ebay. It's like the aftermarket has a gun to all our heads. Man, screw that noise! After what we just went through in 2020, I'm done with that nonsense. I'm not doing it anymore. I'm not being a slave to this bullshit anymore. I'm worn out & just don't care anymore.

• Like Like x 4
  9. KickCounterkick

KickCounterkick Where's Legacy Ricochet at? Poor guy needs a break

Just waiting to see what he looks like next to BW Megatron.

10. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    ...this escalated quickly.

Like nobody's got a gun to your head. We're just telling you that the leaks suggest there's 5 Dinobots coming. If you want them, here they come, and we're not sure when something like this will happen again. So you can get the Grimlock and (as a few have suggested) keep it boxed up to resell later if you end up not interested. I guarantee a MISB SS86 Grimlock will be easy to unload at cost+ in a year's time.

How has NOBODY done that yet?!

• Like Like x 6
  11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like you need a nap. :lol  if collecting is too stressful, it might be time to step back for a while. But people are right. If you wait for them all to be announced, the first one or two might skyrocket in price. If you’re even thinking about it, buy Grimlock and leave him in package. I’m sure you’ll be able to sell him later (and possibly even make a profit).

12. Nemesis Reformatted

Eh, I might. Depends on how I feel at the time.

That's exactly what I'm doing. Didn't you read my post? I'm just focusing on filling in the holes in my G1 collection. I pretty much only want 1 modern version of the G1 figures. Even though, at this rate, they're never going to make some of them.

13. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Realistically, Grimlock is one of the top five characters in Transformers and this is supposed to be the definitive version for mainstream release. This thing will be repacked in at least one more future wave to keep it on shelves, just like ER Optimus and Starscream are.

Swoop is the second most popular Dinobot, so I can see him getting at least one extra wave release too.

Slag might be harder to find. I'd jump on him ASAP. Same for Snarl and Sludge. Especially if you want the cartoon colors.

I imagine that we'll see a gift set like the SS Constructicons in shiny toy accurate silver with clear and gold bits. They'd be pretty dumb to leave that kinda coin on the table. That's an easy $230-250 cash grab for the Christmas 2022 season.

You'll probably also get at least one redeco of Grimlock this year or in 2022. G2 blue or G2 Tiger. As batshit crazy as Hasbro has been with the G2 redecos, I suspect that the Tiger Grimlock would come first. I can't see them not doing the whole team again here too. They release every mold at least twice and again, not selling them in the funky G2 colors for a second or third release is just leaving $ on the table. Probably not a gift set, but one by one.

You'll definitely have a few chances to get these guys, in some color or another. Pre-order them if you're really worried about missing your favorite deco.

Even if you get the toon decos and you see the toy decos two years from now, you can always sell the toon versions. Someone will be on the hunt for them.

• Like Like x 3
  14. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Leakers say that's their plan. Leader Grimlock, Leader Slag, Voyager Swoop, Leader Sludge, Leader Snarl. First three in SS86 this year, no idea on last two.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nemesis Reformatted

Well, that sounds pretty good. I didn't know that. Maybe I will go for them after all. That's what I originally wanted but figured they'd only make 1 or 2 like usual.

• Like Like x 2
  16. KickCounterkick

KickCounterkick Where's Legacy Ricochet at? Poor guy needs a break

Kinda wish we could get a G1ified Scorn but I doubt that's going to happen to be honest.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised that a lot of stuff is getting insane aftermarket prices-- TFs are currently very hot. WFC and SS86 have revitalized fan enthusiasm. And Hasbro has cultivated a sense of "Gotta Get Them All" mindset with collectors.

I constantly warn people that are "on the fence" about any figure to just grab it now because you will regret it later. Folks are being very dismissive about Kingdom Ultra Magnus but I can easily predict that figure will also be hot in the aftermarket.

Also, why aren't folks pre-ordering their figures? I have Kingdom Wave 1 and 2 plus SS 86 Wave 1 on pre-order. If I find the figure IRL, I might pick it up and just cancel my pre-order.

As another poster mentioned-- this is the definitive G1 Grimlock. I mean, you can ignore him now and be realllllllllly upset once he's off the shelves.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

We all sort of figured they'd make them all, but the extra info coming from the same source as everything else we've had leaked all but seals it. Obviously it's going to depend on popularity. If the first ones shelfwarm, then it could cancel. But all signs are pointing to people buying the hell out of these (myself included), so I seriously doubt that will be the case. Pick one up. And then play the "NotGonnaOpenItNotGonnaOpenItNotGonnaOpenItNotGonnaOpenIt" game for as long as you can. :D 

19. Nemesis Reformatted

I was looking at it this way:

Energon = only Grimlock & Swoop.
    Bayverse SS = only Grimlock.
    Masterpiece = only Grimlock.

And they probably only made the full set for POTP because it was a combiner.
    I knew about SS86 Grimlock & Slag but missed the leaks about the others.

• Like Like x 2
  20. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    To add to that:

Pretenders: Only Grimlock
    Actionmasters: Grimlock and Slag
    Classics: Only Grimlock
    Shatterd Glass: Grimlock and I think a couple as Minicons?
    Fall of Cybertron: Only Grimlock
    RiD 2015: Only Grimlock

...but the figures coming out in the past couple years are mostly definitive versions of who they represent. In 1:35 scale, more or less. Everything is falling into place for G1 fans. Eventually, there will inevitably be other Dinobots to go with Grimlock in this framework.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.