SS TC and Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pixelmaster, May 3, 2022.

1. BluJayWarrior

BluJayWarrior Waiting for more AOE Dinobots

News Credits:
    Galvatron's truck is more brown-gray than the blue-gray of the AOE toy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  2. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Huh, never realized that. Makes more sense now.
    Sure….
    Look can we not make up random reasons to Jab at each other for no practical reason and talk about the figure?

3. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Not even I know.

anyways, why the long face Galvatron?
    4FEFB98E-852D-471D-BEAB-EBF3A31968C1.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  5. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    he changes size more than the old aoe, independently if the robot mode is bigger or not, if the robot modes are the same size, then the ss vehicle mode will be smaller than the old aoe, and if the vehicles are, then the robot mode will be bigger, whatever the case is, i don't think both will be the same size in both modes
    if he is bigger i might forgive the toes in vehicle mode, but im still sad that the chest looks worse and honestly that will bother me forever
    i dont think thats the mouth , its where the lower lip ends not the top one...maybe some lipstick would make it more obvious

6. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    It's funny that you said this because I was thinking about this point before earlier and how it may have been true at first, but it's not the case overall. These days people equate not caring about Transformers to not respecting X source material, but let's look at this objectively.

Most series are their own thing and often don't feature other facets from existing iterations beyond bots warring on Earth, the Matrix and sparks, and sparks was created during Beast Machines so it's not even a part of G1 lore as it aired in the 80s. Does that mean those series don't care about Transformers as a franchise? Of course not, because it's still Transformers. Armada has less in common with G1 than the movies do, but doesn't get hate, for example

The movies had (in film order):
    • The 5 main Autobots are G1 favourites
    • A red and blue Optimus
    • An Optimus with identifiable features because he's iconic
    • Optimus with his Ion Blaster
    • Most iconic characters consistent with vehicle types they've been associated with in the past: Optimus is a truck, Starscream is a Jet, Jazz is a sports car
    • Reference to sparks
    • The Matrix of Leadership
    • Megatron as a tank
    • A reference to Jet Convoy
    • The Constructicons
    • The Arc
    • Optimus' trailer
    • Cosmic rust
    • Shockwave with his iconic features
    • The Wreckers
    • Lockdown Vs Ratchet
    • Optimus as a flat-nosed truck
    • A Headmaster (even if the use of the gimmick was cut)
    • A reincarnated Megatron called Galvatron
    • Dinobots (after Bay initially dismissed them as dumb)
    • Megatron with a fusion cannon
    • Megatron almost being a dragon (as he appeared in Beast Wars)
    • Unicron as Earth
    I probably missed some, but this is a huge amount of allusions to existing lore for one series. What other TV series has this much reference? Would anyone have expected Animated or Armada to be referenced? Most only see G1 as the source material.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 12
  7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I've found the solution to how we get rid of all that unsightly bot kibble on the rear of the truck.

Base his alt on this.

20220505_163911.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  8. Nate98

Nate98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I don't understand it either, why some people think making a bunch of surface level references makes it automatically good or something that truly understands transformers or has heart.

Especially since most of the characterisations for the Autobots in the movies were either non existent or just variations on a violent dickhead, like Optimus Prime the guy who is meant to be about peace, justice and protecting humans was super violent, murdered his enemies in cold blood and humiliated them and killed a human with no regard. The Decepticons were just growling monsters.

Like a perfect comparison would be the Batman movies we've gotten in the past 10 years, Ben Afflecks had references to comic panels/covers, took ideas from different stories and his suit was lifted from the comics but he was a murderous asshole with no compassion. Whereas Pattinsons batman is about hope and being a better symbol etc. (Sorry for the tangent)

Like the bay movies have their place and are just as valid as any other transformers installment but it takes more than references to make a good story. Bumblebee worked not because the designs were G1 but because it had heart and made the transformers actual characters.

Btw sorry for the long tangent and rant lol, Thundercracker looks great definitely love that mold and love to get more of it. Galvatron actually looks good despite it had to work with a complex design like that. The design teams always impress me

9. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    You say this, but then many of those same people don't think Hasbro and the design team care about Transformers if any of the figures don't look exactly like they did in the show or movies.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Starpilot949

Starpilot949 "This is where the transformers fun begins"

News Credits:
    I agree with you 100%. Bumblebee made its money becuase of the story. Also, the chracters were just the right mix of G1/Modern day transformers. I thought the Bayverse had too much mechanical detailing, and the autobots (like hound) appeared to human.

In Regards to the toys, OMG Thundercracker is going straight to my collection. I never liked AOE, so I wont pick up Galvatron, but the mould does look a little off; but given the design circumstances i'd say they did really well!

11. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    But it didn't do as well as the previous films. It rode the name "Bumblebee" and the relative star power of Haliee Steinfeld and John Cena. People didn't know the story until after it had come out. That's why it's had a stronger following *after* release despite not doing as well in the theaters.

And it's why Hasbro/Paramount are going back to the "BOMBASTIC" style of the previous films with RotB.

12. IronWaveJRG

IronWaveJRG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    We also have to factor it competed against freaking Aquaman, Merry Poppins Returns (though it did better than the latter) and Into The Spiderverse

13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    That's fair, but the point is the story was good but the draw was Bee and the cast. Unfortunately Paramount thought otherwise so is going back to throwing as many bots as possible in to the film.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would like to see what DNA has planned for those Galvatron legs. Those pieces sitting on the back in truck mode are not the most attractive. A heck of a lot better than the massive backpack on the AOE version, of course, but it's less than impressive that they didn't add a hinge or two and allow those pieces to lay flat at least. I think robot mode looks good for the size and the budget. I think truck mode was almost there until they couldn't do anything with the leg panels. I do think, overall, for the complexity of the mold and the design as well as the licensing, they've done a remarkable job in such a small figure.

I'm sad he didn't get his arm blades (another thing DNA can fix) but he at least has his cannon and this could've been a lot worse. I mean, a lot worse. It could've been a "Here you go, you get what you get!" type of figure and they didn't do that, so kudos to them.

Maybe the truck parts won't be as bad in person. One can hope.

15. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    IDK why but I wouldn't mind a Rodimus out of this if they did him in a movie.
    While it didn't do as good as the other Bay films Paramount considered it more of a success as TLK but I'd agree it not doing fantastic is probably a factor for the bigger film in ROTB.

16. Nate98

Nate98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah pretty sure it didn't do as well as the others considering it was a smaller scale spin off movie and not only was against fierce competition at the box office but it came out a year after The Last Knight, a movie that was a commercial bomb and people were getting sick of these movies.

Also yeah the movies always used star power, why do you think they got Marky Mark and Anthony Hopkins and a few other stars in the previous movies? Thats not always a bad thing especially if the actors are good. Also bumblebee did well despite these issues and gave paramount enough confidence to do more movies while also learning there needs to be more heart and character focus, they're not just doing bombastic again, hence why Optimus is one of the main focus' for the next movie.

But ok

17. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    The problem with that Batman comparison is that Afflect played a Batman who had been at it for 20 years and was somewhat disillusioned. He also channelled Batman's killing of criminals which he did in the Dark Knight Returns. Pattison played a Batman who's only been active for 2 years and is still figuring out who Batman is. I'd also argue that Bumblebee didn't work because by essentially remaking the first film, it did absolutely nothing new and contributed nothing to the film series. To praise Bumblebee would be to praise Transformers 2007 for doing the same thing. The difference is that Charlie is a character with more depth as opposed to Sam who is a generic "action hero". I agree that at least Bumblebee had more heart. If the 2007 movie featured Charlie and Bumblebee as they were handled in their film followed by the action of the 2007 film after the Autobot's arrival, it would probably be the best in the franchise.

Bumblebee is guilty of doing the same thing that people criticised Bay's films of doing by having Transformers play a part in humanity's development and history. Shatter and Dropkick were interesting, and were given lots of screen time, but they were still shallow characters with their only quality being that they're evil and cunning, but even then Dropkick kept following Shatter's lead. I'd also argue that the only Transformers with any individual character in the entire series are those introduced in AoE and TLK, excluding the Decepticons and Hot Rod, because the Autobots seemed to finally have a personality and an interesting dynamic - especially Hound, Lockdown was highly motivated and had a lot of presence in every scene he was in, and Cogman was standout for many reasons.

I've digressed. Regardless of the qualities of the films, the designs obviously tried their best with Galvatron.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

Always remember that Hasbro approved of the beast machine designs. It’s not shocking that they approved of the Bayverse look either and it’s not gonna be a shock when they approve of even worse lookin shit.

• Like Like x 1
  19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    We don't know what they're doing because the movie isn't out yet.

I think Bee was a better movie because it chose to remain focused on a smaller cast, and remain concerned about RotB going so wide again with so many characters.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ackar

Ackar Well-Known Member

tryhards nerds try not to derail a bayverse toy thread into baybad no care transmorpfers challenge impossible

failed instantly and draged by 10 pages

• Like Like x 3