SS TC and Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pixelmaster, May 3, 2022.

1. IronWaveJRG

IronWaveJRG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    IT's aN oPiNIoN bRo'
    -some idiot to me in the comments

2. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Galvatron was one of the SS figures I was most looking forward to. Not really digging the way it turned out.

3. IronWaveJRG

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    FB_IMG_1651846912628.jpg

• Like Like x 35
  4. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

They probably should\'ve teamed up with LEGO to make the transformation more screen accurate

• Like Like x 12
  5. jtanimator

jtanimator Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeahhh lol, I’m done replying with people on this thread. I share an opinion and why I have it, and people come out saying I “clearly have no idea what I’m talking about”. As if they know any more than I do. It’s a fandom. We see things differently. For the love of god, that doesn’t make you smarter then me just because I think a design is horrible and you don’t.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Szilko

Szilko Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    FINALLY, people need to just stop comparing 3P and official figures. Wether it's CHUG or not, the official figures are made with children in mind, so trashing them simply for not being as complex as stuff that are purely collector's items, is just beyond idiotic. Not everything needs to be an MP, Sometimes, we just wanna play with simpler figures too.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Slyf5

Slyf5 Well-Known Member

while this character is easily one of the worst characters in the franchise and there's no way that I would pay more than 50$ for a figure of him (yeah Nero being maybe the best transformer of all time is still a representation of one of the worst characters so no, same with Dragoon) the detail of the backpack is really awesome and I can justify paying a voyager price for him, looks really fun to play with and transform, and again that backpack detail is just so cool lol, never thought that HasTak would put these bits of details in a modern mainstream transformer again, just like MPM Blackout's rotor weapon and now Galvatron having the "core" on his backpack, these tiny details really sell a figure

• Like Like x 3
  8. NathanD

NathanD Well-Known Member

Thankfully SS AOE Galvatron is not as bad as I thought initially (basically his arms looked too thin in the pose he was in) but as these BTS pictures show next to his CGI model, he looks fine in his SS treatment. Hopefully SS TLK Megatron comes afterwards because the SS line has no TLK Cons at the moment. 

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nathan bot

Nathan bot New Member

I haven\'t seen the movie so I don\'t know much about this guy, but I think he looks really fun. I love that truck design and the robot isn\'t too bad. I would get it if it was $20 but $30 is just too much I think. 

10. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So far the biggest flaw is the kibble on the hitch, and the wires are not as clean and streamlined as the AOE voyager, other than that he's better than Galvatron deserves

11. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think people forget that even though this is the collector's oriented line, these are still toys designed for children and they're still intended to be simple enough to transform for that demographic. I think they did the best they could with Galvatron at this budget and it's a definite improvement from the AOE figure, which I didn't really like.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm so confused. Was the Galvatron figure even officially revealed before the designer shared these BTS images? I thought we had only seen a leaked factory-theft review of it.

13. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, Sideways was the one who had a leaked review (And has yet to be officially acknowledged). A retailer put up listings of Galvatron / TC early complete with official pictures so it was probably easier to actually acknowledge.

14. Big Convoy XIII

Big Convoy XIII The One Man Army

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As odd as this might sound to some people, I actually prefer the O.G voyager figure. Sure it was a shell-former and lacked some details in the paint app department, but it was still a fairly solid figure. Good articulation, basic accessories, the molding & sculpts were fairly accurate to the on-screen appearance, and the truck mode was overall nice & easy to transform.

15. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Well there's no redeeming that truck mode, which is a shame since it is a cool truck even if it makes zero sense as a Galvatron. But what a Motormaster this could have been if they actually cared about TF! Waste of plastic.

• Like Like x 1
  16. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Yes, because a figure that quite a few people, myself included, are excited for and looking forward to is a "waste of plastic".

What.

• Like Like x 4
  17. BWIguanusfan2

BWIguanusfan2 BWII enjoyer and Triceradon's strongest warrior

YouTube (Legacy):
    I liked the Sonic movie alot, though i must admit it wasn\'t the greatest thing in existence. It would be cool if they did a repaint to make galvatron\'s vechile mode look more like it did in the Sonic movie (it did look noticeable differnt,, with a black paint job). I'm sure they could anyway eith it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

I’d say the OG voyager was actually better. I’ve seen some custom repaints with the backpack removed and the bot mode actually looks better.

19. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

Some people forget that their opinion isn’t fact. I too want this Galvatron and will be purchasing to show my support for Age of Extinction SS figures.

• Like Like x 4
  20. IronWaveJRG

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If you remove the backpack, you end up with a gap on the back, not even accurate to the movie. And removing a chunk of the vehicle mode just so the robot mode looks cleaner is exactly what people hated about ER Arcee. Sometimes I just don't understand when people draw the line on backpacks/partsforming, whether it's official or for custom sake

Last edited: May 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1