SS TC and Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pixelmaster, May 3, 2022.

1. IronWaveJRG

IronWaveJRG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I can forgive the disproportions in robot mode, because of the engineering compromises they must've taken, in order to make the transformation work.
    I've seen so many people moan about Studio Series relying so much on backpacks (see Crowbar, Jazz, Lockdown, Roadbuster, Topspin, Cliffjumper), I'm shocked people for once, would prefer a shellformer over one who has competent engineering

• Like Like x 12
  2. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    different designs, especially when compared to previous interpretations, can be held to different standards.

• Like Like x 2
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I personally just can’t forgive the puny arms unfortunately…. It looks like Galvatron is malnourished.

4. IronWaveJRG

IronWaveJRG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Then again, Galvatron's last interpretation was absolute crap, especially a design imposible to fully adapt in toy form, no less under Hasbro's current budget

5. faciov42

faciov42 Well-Known Member

Is Thundercracker an exclusive? The figure is growing to me and may get one....but Galvatron, dude I really need one. Such an unique character and design.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cog was a generic in the WFC animated series, so there was probably a version of him that looked close to that somewhere. I do remember a prominent red one, though not if his colours were ranged exactly like this one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    I think the reason I like Thundercrackers color so much is because it’s dark blue. I much prefer than shade on Thundercracker. Still hope for a more toy deco ER Thundercracker with the dark blue like both the toy and the MP.
    No they’re both in the same wave. Not exclusives.

8. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    This is what happens when the filmmakers don't have to abide by plastic colour layouts. Thundercracker's on-screen colour scheme isn't a 1:1 swap with Starscream, so things are going to get a little bit screwy when paint budgets and plastic types are thrown into the mix.

You act like this is the first time this has ever happened.

9. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    They used grey for the torso… clearly grey exists. Also don’t repaints generally have a slightly higher paint budget since they’re already developed molds? All they’d have to do is slap some silver or grey paint on them legs. TC really shouldn’t have as much black and blue as he does.

10. Meta

Meta A Collector.

College Station/Navasota/Madisonville, TX
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don\'t know man I really think the Unique Toys blows this Studio Series Galvatron out of the park. Although the transformation is quite tidious on the Unique Toys version it still is pretty damn impressive. I will say I will probably pick this Galvatron up as I\'ve enjoyed the Studio Series line very much.

11. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    That's a $150 to $200 MP scaled third party figure though. It's not really fair to compare it to a $30 mainline figure. Like, it better be better lmao

• Like Like x 14
  12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Galvatron really does look good here. I mean however you view AOE Galvatron as a whole I don't think a lot of people can deny that for a mainline figure they did do a lot to make up for how they did him the last time in toy form given how he was done on film. It's imperfect sure but given that this is AOE Galvatron we're talking about it's not the worst effort mainline wise.

This is also making me want to see Transtech Optimus Prime be made from the mold given how similar some design cues they both share with each other like the grinder/window chest.

13. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think anyone was kidding themselves that we'd be getting a Nero for $30.

It's like the people who think HasTak can make a SS86 Optimus that's just a smaller MP-44 at voyager or leader price.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK I'll say it, HOW is that Galvatron a Voyager?! How?!

Look at the pathetic stuff we got with LEADER Blitzwing and this has been done on a voyager budget???

They even paid the licensing for the truck mode and all, while Blitzwing transforms into a paper jet tank carrier with zero resemblance to anything real world

Someone explain to me how they budget this? And why the team working on Studio Series stuff are such engineering gods. It's as if the pros get to work on SS while the interns work on Legacy stuff..

• Like Like x 2
  15. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

Yeah, I haven't bought any movie ss figures in a long time, but any remaining AOE stuff (new evasion and Knight Primes) I may get. Galvatron looks better than the old one which was a bit fat and stumpy. This one's head looks better from what I remember.

16. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    The grey for the torso is a different mold than the grey that should be on his thighs, or on his toes.

And no, there's never really been any guiding rule that redecoes get more paint apps. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

The movie designs are too detailed to go fully accurate with, anyways, so the deco team there has always gone with a "close enough" approach. He looks like Thundercracker. They've done their part. Silver toes that show up for two seconds on the screen really aren't that important.

• Like Like x 2
  17. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I’m not talking about silver toes, I’m talking about thighs that are entirely the wrong color…. It’s simple color blocking….

18. ReadyParzivalOne

ReadyParzivalOne Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well this was my dream list
    I wasn’t listing every character they haven’t done

19. FrazzTF

FrazzTF I'm gonna grip ya. I just am.

Twitter:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    For someone who usually prefers the more G1 designs, I'm suprised I feel lots of hype for Galvatron but Thundercracker is doing nothing for me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Yeah, colour blocking that doesn't work because the physical molds weren't set up that way.

• Like Like x 1