SS ROTB Cheetor

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SG_DJ_Vaporwave, Jan 24, 2023.

1. PrimeBot

PrimeBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do believe that he maybe could be involved in the action side of the movie. Maybe a mix of Caple and Bay action style.

2. troglodyteman217

troglodyteman217 Doritoscream fangirl

News Credits:
    directly below the enemy scrotum AKA Greece
    He is definitely doing action. That's always been Bay's alley.

• Like Like x 2
  3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Also it turns in to a cheetah. The BW names are simultaneously lazy but perfect for brand recognition. It's a cheetah named Cheetor, a rhino named Rhinox, a rattrap named Rattrap, etc etc etc. The show launched with a bunch of guys almost literally named after the thing they turned in to (save for Primal and Megatron who leaned on the G1 name similarities).

Yes, the original toy didn't look like a cheetah and this one doesn't nail it perfectly either...but they're both still recognizable as spotted cats named Cheetor.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

I think you're assuming a call for contrarian takes on Transformers from me that isn't there. Obviously there is nuance and respect to be kept when reinventing the brand. I don't disagree with anything you've said.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    While I love the look of the Airrazor mold, which I just realized actually is a damn raw chicken colored bird, I cannot stand the raw flesh look on Cheetor here.

I didn’t even notice Airrazor was that tone until I looked at Cheetor and said “nope…” to myself

• Like Like x 1
  6. Led4thehed2

Led4thehed2 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Huh. I grew up with Beast Wars and find myself not at all excited about the Beasties in this movie. Don't care for their figures either. Maybe Rhinox will pique my interest, but 2023 looks like SS86 Snarl and maybe some Terrorcons for me.

7. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    For a TF design, it’s not bad. The robot mode head doesn’t evoke Cheetor to me. If I had no idea who this was in robot mode and someone told me this was a new character, I’d believe them. The beast mode looks a lot more like Cheetor. No complaints aside from the visible robot hands on the front legs. Overall, I prefer the mainline ROTB toy. Nothing wrong with Chester Cheetor here, it’s just not for me.

8. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

Wow they didn't TRY to hide the robot hands....

• Like Like x 2
  9. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    That’s pretty much what I’m getting for Studio Series this year along with SS86 Frenzy.

10. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    No, it’s clearly NOT meant to be “the same” character, just inspired by the original. They share a name, they share some visuals, but they are not the same iteration of the character. This is like bashing Animated Prowl for not looking like the G1 version. They’re the same name but not the same character, of course they look different.

• Like Like x 4
  11. lil society vert

lil society vert ROTB Scourge's biggest shooter

this figure looks pretty good imo

not too interested in the beasts atm but if i like his character in the movie ill definitely buy this

12. Isaac Staffeld

Isaac Staffeld Pandacyy

I really wish he was more yellow and had more spots. Looks more like a tiger. I think I like the deluxe better, but I still like this one too. It\'s just the colors for me are a bit lame. 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, if he has the right to his opinions, I have a right to mine. Just like all the people on this thread could have skipped posting the unnecessary copy/paste nitpicky complaints but chose to anyways. And please, do elaborate how I was shallow? I merely pointed out the absurdity and flaw in his comment that made is sound like none of the new characters bear any resemblance to their original counterparts, when in reality the only one guilty of this is Wheeljack. If you can't take sarcasm, just move on.
    Well, Cheetor still retains certain familiar motifs in the head, and Cheetor has only had his Cheetah head as his chest in only 1 of his 3 designs in BW alone, not including BM, and no one complained then that he was unrecognizable. So, once again, yours was not a very sound argument. If we were talking about Wheeljack then sure, 100%. However, frankly your original comment's point just too easy to disprove and ridiculous that I had fun with it. Sorry if I came off as a jerk, but hey, that makes up 80% of everyone on these boards and it's just the norm.
    This, 100%. The impression I am getting from all we know of the film is that these Maximals have been on Earth for so long and are worn down from whatever adventures/battles/horrors they have endured over the ages. Having these dark, worn down designs and colors make it easier to drive that idea home. I think everyone is so ready to dismiss these designs because they aren't properly taking into consideration the context of the state the maximals are in at the time this movie takes place.
    One breeds the other.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  14. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    THAT is my basic criticism past "wtf you got against color, designers?". After such exemplary work in the voyager size class (Jhiaxus), how to you just let it sit there looking like you didn't even try.

• Like Like x 8
  15. OverloadedTaco

OverloadedTaco I don't know what to put here anymore

Lmao Jhiaxus didn't even hide the entire arms

• Like Like x 7
  16. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I miss the unapologetically bright colors from the Bumblebee movie designs.

• Like Like x 11
  17. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Jhiaxus is a wonderful robot but his alt mode has that with the arms and the hollow front end under the chest canopy.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Tarkus 2

Tarkus 2 Well-Known Member

Am I just...ya know...seein it?

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  19. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All that’s from fossil records (aka bone analysis). You can’t really perform a genetic analysis on something that’s been extinct for millions of years. Doesn’t really prove it had spots.

20. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Not only the bright color, but the fact they had some sort of color blocking/seperation and weren’t all 1 color.

• Like Like x 7