SS ROTB Cheetor

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SG_DJ_Vaporwave, Jan 24, 2023.

1. War Horse

War Horse The War ain't over until the Hun squeals!

Face looks a little...Different to Cheetor in BW.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    But it's not just a character with the same name, it's clearly meant to be the same character. Cheetor here is clearly meant to be Cheetor, not just a random guy named Cheetor, just like Wheeljack is clearly the character Wheeljack and not just a random dude named Wheeljack.

Also, just because something has historically been a standard in Transformers doesn't mean it needs to remain one. The vast majority of TF fiction has also been not very good, yet we still would like if newer series were. Transformers has also established far more visual iconography in recent years, so just because character had their names thrown around two decades ago doesn't mean it's not incongruous in the modern day.

• Like Like x 6
  3. PrimeBot

PrimeBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movies have had plenty of fanservice.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    "This thing looks nothing like a cheetah! What a disservice to the true BW fans who grew up the originals!"

...the originals:

[​IMG]

I dunno. I'd think the billions of dollars the first 3-4 movies made worldwide would be a wake-up call to y'all but here we are a decade later and you're still very much still hitting the snooze button.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Thank you for saying this. Damn, that's refreshing to read someone else say it.

There is an attitude especially on this board that, as a Transformers fan, you should just be good with any and all changes solely because "change is good". Like, if they made Grimlock into a biplane that talks like Barbara Walters, I guarantee you if that was actually in one of these movies, people would get browbeaten for criticizing it. I really don't see how "embrace anything new, no matter what" is any more rational than being a Geewunner (in the original sense of the term.)

• Like Like x 5
  6. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so were al back to waiting for the studio series 2 right?

• Like Like x 4
  7. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    No, it's that you need to get over the fact that not everything is going to tie directly back to cartoons you watched as a kid because it's been almost 30-40 years now. Not liking it is one thing, demanding it be exactly like the originals is another.

It's obnoxious as hell to have people speaking for the entire fandom. No, Cheetor not looking like his 90s counterpart isn't a "slap in the face" and no it doesn't mean Hasbro has left BW fans behind because of this.

The fact it's 2022 and people are still surprised the live action movie designs deviate from the original characters is hilarious. You can't go from making fun of the GEEWUNNERs who had a meltdown over Prime's flames in 07 to expecting us to take you seriously over the shape of Cheetor's beast head.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    It's quite literally the 'consume product' mindset. lol

Don't complain, don't criticize. If you have nothing nice to say, shut up or you're a 'hater'. Embrace whatever the latest shmuck Hasbro hires decides to do or else you're a geewunner hater troll who just wants attention.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

I don't mind the demanding but the relentless bitching about it? Yeah, that can fuck right off asap.

• Like Like x 6
  10. PrimeBot

News Credits:
    That's true, I'm a Bayverse kid, after the 2007 movie I had seen a couple of TF Energon episodes and the 86 movie. Transformers is known for changing stuff with each show or movie. It shouldn't be such a big topic of fandom war but it is.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dynobot Skar

Dynobot Skar Well-Known Member

Looks a bit like Thundercats Jaga... And now I want a TF:BW/Thundercats collaboration

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  12. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I can imagine entering TF through the live action films and being shocked when Ironhide has been everything from a pickup to a van to an elephant in the span of a few years.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

I have to say, that honestly feel like that's... not quite a step beckwards yet, but could quickly become a slippery slope that results in Transformers becoming homogenous and stagnant, discouraging - if not disallowing - reinvention, which is a facet of Transformers that I've always loved and has kept it fresh, shedding its skin every time something stops working and trying something else.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Well here's a thought- nobody appointed you to be the "Movie Defense Force".

• Like Like x 5
  15. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Those front legs man... I can't get over em. They look so wrong to me.

• Like Like x 2
  16. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I mean after 20 years of supposed engineering advancement, and the fact they are given references for the actual movie models, you’d think they’d at least make it look like a cheetah more than the first ever toy.
    tbh the whole thing looks wrong to me. Just shallow sculpt, wacky proportions and blocky-ness. It feels unrefined.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I smell an Alpha Trizer repaint on the horizon

• Like Like x 1
  18. PrimeBot

News Credits:
    There is a difference between voicing your opinion and complaining/nitpicking the living hell about everything these movies do.

• Like Like x 4
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Then why do they keep bringing back characters from previous series, then? They're banking on their popularity but yet also ignoring the things that made them popular.

You're acting like people aren't allowed to dislike the changes they made. People can like/dislike whatever they want, and having a character you grew up with brought back only to be needlessly altered is perfectly reasonable grounds to, y'know, not like the new version.

Almost as bad as the relentless bitching about the bitching.

Okay, what is that difference?

Because the mere sight of negativity on these boards is met by hostility and insults these days. People were literally just saying they didn't like this design and it has snowballed. People voice their displeasure, so others insist they validate that displeasure, which they attempt to do, and then others attack them for it.

It's the same cycle all the time. Just let people not like shit. What's it to you?

• Like Like x 10
  20. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    A bear... lollllllllllll

• Like Like x 1