SS Jolt & Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Luke Hostad

Luke Hostad Well-Known Member

which is weird as the arms include the detail of front headlights.. toyhax will probably include stickers for it

• Like Like x 3
  2. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jolt is SUPPOSED to be like that. If you don't like that, you don't like Jolt. Btw, I did not miss the doors. I mentioned them twice. This tells me that your very biased and don't really read what people write..

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

This toy is definitely 1 step forwards, 1 step back, compared to the DOTM version. The moulded detail is much better on the SS version, of course, and it has accurate shoulder kibble, but the way the rest of the kibble is handled is so much worse.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Trevor Belmont

News Credits:
    Others would argue, that DotM kibble placement completely ruined the bots proportions. He has giant goofy feet and an enormous chest

SSJoltvsDotMJolt.png

SS is more like 15 steps forward and one step back (the doors)

• Like Like x 3
  5. DarkAxalonSyde

True, but had the Studio Series figure kept the engineering closer to it, moving the sides of the car to on top of the shoulders would've mitigated the large chest issue. Of course, the feet would still be oversized, but I'd take that over the unsightly chunks of folded car jutting out from behind his shoulders.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Trevor Belmont

News Credits:
    Huh? So, you don't like the CGI and are simply in love with DotM as a toy? SS doesn't have any kind of toy homages in mind. SS shoulders are spot on perfection. He was never supposed to have DotM's cool wings on his back, except for the lower pair being the side windows, but that's the same on both toys

What SS is:
    completely new and final takes on classic movie characters, that borrow on every trial and error before

What SS is NOT:
    Improved classic movie toys

I believe that's where some confusion stems from

• Like Like x 2
  7. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope we get a official render of Jolt now, so awesome to know for sure he had a head like Canopy did.

8. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, the current budget doesn't allow for them to be done right at the current sizes imo, which is the reason I never collected the SS.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DarkAxalonSyde

I'm sorry, but look at this comparison, provided by Trevor Belmont, on the last page. Notice that the CGI model has tiny wings on the back and does not have the entire front on the car jutting out his top. Yes, as I said before, putting the rear of his car mode on his shoulders is more accurate, but the front of his car mode does not just stick out from behind his shoulders.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jacob Knight

Jacob Knight Is a teenager arguing about toys

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The new Sideswipe looks stunning, Jolt on the other hand...looks very disappointing.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The SS figure still has giant goofy feet and enormous chest, though.

I don't even dislike the figure, but the kibble placement is terrible. It's not even accurate, as the front of the car is supposed to be on the shoulders, not the rear.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Trevor Belmont

News Credits:
    I guess, I'm expecting you to see what I'm seeing. Let me be more clear. CGI on the left is a shot slightly from below. The toy is shot from the top.
    Additionally, the left shoulder shows how the front bumper actually folds down. This shot is not perfectly transformed and not shot from a good angle. My inner eye can accomodate for that. If transformed correctly and shot from the right angle it will look almost exactly like the cgi, only slightly higher, but you can't fault a deluxe toy on that

I don'd know where you see goofy feet.
    I don't include the shoulders when I say the chest is small and accurate
    The front of the car is right where it's supposed to be. Right behind his shoulders. ON the shoulders is the back bumper. Also accurately represented in the toy. I mean, maybe that should be the front fender / part of the bumper, but that's a DotM Sideswipe "who cares, those parts look almost identical"

13. grimtnt

grimtnt Armada is older now than G1 was in 2002

News Credits:
    Tbf only part of a fender (can't even tell if it's meant to be a front or back one) is on the actual shoulders, the front of the car forms wings sticking out of the back along with the side windows and two other parts I can't quite make out.

It certainly doesn't help all this that the toy wings are clearly not folded up properly.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Trevor Belmont

News Credits:
    First example is a "posed image" not a neutral stance. Bumblebees wings sometimes droop down in sadness too, which the toy obviously doesn't replicate. The other two show the back wing assembly in the same spot as the SS toy, when it's transformed properly. Offending the toy for the bumper sitting up slightly too high is ridiculously nitpicky. You'll see how close it is in the official reveal (that is if they did it properly)

15. primetismo

primetismo Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    lets all just remind ourselves that the jolt displayed here is a deluxe class figure meaning that he will be shorter than most figures in the ss line, so they could not obviously pack every single inch of accuracy into this figure.

and this is a mass retail toy meaning Hasbro most likely did not haver a high budget for this figure

feel free to disagree with me....

• Like Like x 6
  16. IronWaveJRG

IronWaveJRG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm holding off on judging Jolt for his kibble, bcause he's clearly misstransformed.
    Although it looks like the kibble can be accomodated in different ways (because of transformation), so I'll wait until official images (whenever that's gonna be) to judge for myself

17. Trevor Belmont

News Credits:
    What he said :) 

Also, you notorious critics, can we at least agree that SS Jolt is a lot better than this?

[​IMG]

(Expecting funny comments that disagree with this statement)

• Like Like x 6
  18. PrimalMotive

PrimalMotive Barely Surviving

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    SS Jolt is more accurate in design, but it looks so cheap compared to the older toy.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Very tempted to get Jolt mainly because I have a lot of nostalgia for the ROTF figure. I don't think the SS figure looks too bad, honestly. He barely showed up in the movie, so I can forgive any inaccuracies.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    Why does Jolt look so boring and lifeless?

The ROTF toy had more color and life to it. Like it or not, the Allspark blue was accurate. SS Jolt just looks like dookie

• Like Like x 3