SS Jolt & Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Jun 28, 2021.

1. GabeMSzn

GabeMSzn Well-Known Member

jolt looks...horrible lmao

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hastak clearly tapping into their black magic box for this Jolt, wow... Unbelievable. HOW is this a Deluxe?? The only kibble are the doors on his thighs, but those have the rear wheels foldet into them, so even the friggin back wheels are almost where they're supposed to be (inside the knees / thighs). This is insane!

Unbenannt.png

• Like Like x 6
  3. Exerus Wing

Exerus Wing Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    At last! Right Jolt!

4. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    7A067318-7F6F-4D10-9766-4F97D36C727B.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bringer of Sorrow

Bringer of Sorrow Well-Known Member

OH MY FUCK THE HEAD IS ACCURATE

• Like Like x 4
  6. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are you trying to tell me? You want to show us how impressive the car shell is put exactly where it's supposed to be? Check the CGI very closely. Each and every car panel is EXACTLY where it's supposed to be, except for the doors on the thighs.
    • windows hanging off his back [check]
    • Front bumper behind sholders [check]
    • rear fender on shoulder [check]
    • rear bumper on forearms [check]
    • front wheel wells on feet [check]
    • roof of the car scattered throughout his body [impossible]
    • rear wheels inside knees [impossible / kinda check] (they sit behind the knees. Pretty impressive)

Update:
    I figured out the transformation. I like it. It's not as crazy complex as it looks. Jolts head ends up in the back of the vehicle and the car shell folds over his head to the tip of his toes

• Like Like x 11
  7. LSSJPrime

LSSJPrime Well-Known Member

lmao nailed it.

I honestly don't get the hype everyone has with Jolt on this thread either. While I don't think he looks atrocious, I think he could have turned out far better than what we have now. That back kibble is honestly some of the most severe on a SS figure to date.

Sideswipe definitely looks great though. His alt mode looks absolutely beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mojom

Mojom Well-Known Member

That's nothing new, really. Remember the older toys where it was an angry TMNT on his chest?

9. OZsket

OZsket Well-Known Member

Yeh the kibble is a bit dodgy but the majority is accurate and this is a ss deluxe we’re talking about.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No that’s a different set of lights. The rotf sideswipe has a thin vertical strip as lights which is missing in this toy! Check the old deluxe

• Like Like x 3
  11. Final Knight

Final Knight Starscream stole my Ice Cream

Jolt (and many other Deluxe Studio series) are exactly why I believe figures of each class should have been upgraded to the next class. Like current Deluxes should have been voyagers, and voyagers should have been leaders and so forth. They just can't give enough accuracy and attention to detail the movie figures deserve in the deluxe quality . I wouldn't mind paying 30-32 bucks for a solid good and bigger Sideswipe, or Jolt.

• Like Like x 2
  12. skunkobot

skunkobot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly. This Sideswipe’s lights are inaccurate: instead of the thing strip of lights, he has the same recessed lights as the DotM version. They didn’t remold those parts. So, he has lights, just the wrong ones.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Jacliffh

Jacliffh Well-Known Member

This sideswipe has both the wrong headlights and the wrong rims. They’re both accurate to the dotm convertible but due to hasbro’s unwillingness to remold them they are not accurate to the original stingray concept car used for rotf (which also doesn’t have the pair of headlights hidden in the side intakes) 6AB2E651-D5D4-4E26-9566-CF92D0983546.png BFCB6A16-8985-467E-B66B-5C223CB4BB42.png
    Also check out the 09 deluxe or the HA sideswipe to see how the lights and rims are supposed to look

• Like Like x 8
  14. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    A lot of the panels may be in the general right area, but are massive and don’t look anything like they are supposed to. Also you missed the whole door assembly just hanging off his hips that’s completely inaccurate and ugly.

Also the figure uses almost 0% of the vehicle to actually form his bot mode. It’s just a massive shell folded up.

• Like Like x 2
  15. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    Jolt looks about as good as Pixelmaster made him out to be in his initial description. Yes, the back kibble is clearly mistransformed and it is overall accurate to the details of the design, but the CG model's backpack has a kind of wing-like elegance that the toy can't replicate with the way it's designed. The shoulder also looks like it could be a problem for posing and the whips look kinda doofy. Might look for the whips that came with the Movie Advanced version.

That said, the sculpting on the robot details are freaking amazing, probably among the best of the SS deluxes. I still can't wait to pick him up.

• Like Like x 2
  16. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    This talk about the back kibble brings me back to something that I feel a lot of people forget: this is a mainline Deluxe. A figure that has to fit within a budget. Based on a very complex design and aesthetic. We’ve seen some magic before but there will always be compromises at the end of the day. Maybe some of the kibble could have been done better but it is generally accurate while the figure gets a lot of stuff right. If you don’t like it that’s fine but this isn’t some kind of sin, it’s gonna happen.

• Like Like x 2
  17. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    My issue is over the 10+ years of bayverse, mainline deluxes have been leagues better, even in this very line. I haven’t been comparing deluxes to MP’s, I’ve been comparing deluxes to deluxes. I mean, the dotm figure handles it way better. Chest and overall detail needed a lot of work to be accurate, but he was way ahead of this guy tbh.

• Like Like x 2
  18. JockerStudio

JockerStudio Mr.JK

Maybe it was because he saw that Sideswipe didn't have the correct headlights and wheels, sad!

19. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think both look great 

20. Gokai Rod

Gokai Rod Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yep, Sideswipe is a finished product he's pretty much the original SS figure with a roof