SS Jolt, Bumblebee, Sweep packaging

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Minernick, Jul 2, 2021.

1. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they are the same color and details, you could just pop the lower arm off at the mushroom joint in the bicep and swap the whole lower arm. Would be quicker and no tools needed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

literally exactly what I'm planning. ive already got 1 scourge and just added another to my BBTS POL. works out even better too because i was planning on getting 4 sweeps anyway (scourge and 3 sweeps).

3. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

True, but people might still want to do the mod where you sand down the paint on the mushroom pegs that attach the hands to the forearms, given the thumb breakage issue on Scourge due to very tight tolerances on the wrist rotation. That still entails unscrewing the forearm to access that peg to sand it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I noticed that right after I put Scourge's arms back together and felt like stripped the screws.

5. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

Well, given how tight the wrists usually are to rotate, and the known thumb breakage issue, taking apart the wrists to sand down the mushroom pegs on the hands might be a practical necessity for posing and longevity.

6. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah..... this kinda just made me want to pick up the original. upload_2021-7-8_15-40-40.png upload_2021-7-8_15-42-54.png
    Man.... what happened to our deluxes?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

Articulation, engineering, and rising costs of raw materials

8. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Barely any more articulation if even any more than the old one, and definitely not any more engineering (wears the entire car as a backpack ffs), so only the last point is applicable to jolt. Tho even then, this guy's price is supposed to be higher than the original's to make up for increased cost, so in theory, you should be able to make the same deluxe at the new price....

• Like Like x 3
  9. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you can't see how much more complex the new Jolt is than the old one then you have never owned the old one.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Pcsolyar

This. I have the old one and it's basically junk.
    You'd probably be a lot happier if you didn't complain about every little thing, on every single product thread like it's your job.

• Like Like x 2
  11. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’d certainly be happier if people weren’t so mad about me criticizing a figure instead of pretending everything is perfect.

• Like Like x 4
  12. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Is it just me or has this website really changed in the last year? Used to be a place for discussion, not always pleasant, but welcoming to all opinions even if there were arguments at times.

But ever since 2020 or so, the anti-opinion crowd has really come out of the woodworks. It’s really a bizarre change and really effects the feel of this website.

• Like Like x 12
  13. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I’ve been seeing a lot of this in other fanbases actually.
    People are batshit scared of negativity/ criticism being directed towards what they like. They want an echo chamber.

Just because you’re a fan of a franchise doesn’t mean you/ other fans have to praise/ like everything it does.

It’s worse when the mindset isn’t just in nerd stuff, but also pops up with politics and etc.

Anyway, say what you will about the Star Wars fanbase being toxic, but much of that is over-exaggerated.
    A lot of things are being misconstrue as toxic now for the sake of people stroking their moral boners.

• Like Like x 6
  14. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I feel Covid might be a contributing factor.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad it's not just me who thinks this. I abandoned another online hangout from a different fandom about a year or two ago because had so, so much of that kind of petty shit flinging, and as such I liked this place better. I was just thinking the other day how much more hostile and unpleasant this board feels to me lately, and was wondering if it was real or was a matter of no longer having the other place to compare this one to. I guess it's real.

(Granting that I agree with octobotomus on the size vs value issue; I do feel like Hasbro is squeezing us lately. But I've felt that for long time, and people have talked about it, without it getting as... unpleasant as it's been.)

• Like Like x 8
  16. Pcsolyar

It's not an opposition to negative opinions, it's just really annoying to see the same few people complaining on almost every thread. If you hate everything, why are you here? Yeah some new stuff could be better (looking at you, Rhinox, Waspinator, SG Megatron), but what's the constant complaining going to accomplish? It adds nothing to the discussion because it's never constructive. It's just "I hate this and I want to be mad." I'm in other communities where people still complain, but they aren't nearly as virulent; it's just more pleasant for everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Twelve years of a tanking economy and rising material/production costs. It's mildly soul-crushing, to say the least.

Hell, I shit myself when I placed Cyberverse Deluxe Bumblebee next to Energon Cliffjumper and realized both toys had the same MSRP in Canada. ($29.99)

It definitely is, at least from some people, because if it wasn't there wouldn't be comments like this:

Ignoring the hyperbole of this statement, no one get to determine what people have to think to be a fan besides themselves. I find this line of thinking exceptionally childish and the very opposite of the "constructive" discussion you want since it seeks to entirely shut down and ignore the opposing viewpoint.

Again with the hyperbole. It's not "constant," and not all discussion has to be constructive. People are allowed to vent their grievances. If not here, where else? This is a Transformers discussion forum, where else would they go to discuss the things that make them unhappy?

Transformers isn't great right now in a lot of people's opinions. IMO the toys are the best aspect, and I'mexcited for ROTB, but the comics are boring and the cartoons are the lowest point they've been at since the UT. But I'm not about to give up being a fan of twenty-five years just because of a rough spot, but I'm not going to blindly accept whatever thing comes my way either. Humans aren't humans because we only think a certain way at all times, and just becaus eyou dislike something now doesn't mean you should give it up.

• Like Like x 9
  18. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

The thing that's driven me away from other fan hangouts hasn't been the negativity; it's been the Positivity Police running around trying to enforce a No Unhappiness Allowed policy. I get why people might do it; we're here to have fun, right? But constant harping on and harassing the complainers creates an environment where people are tense and feel like they have to watch what they say lest some member of the A̶l̶e̶x̶ ̶K̶u̶r̶t̶z̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶D̶e̶f̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶F̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ Hasbro Defense Force swoop in and well awktshually your unhappiness is factually incorrect them to death. It's never going to make the negativity go away, so all it accomplishes is to ratchet up the overall tension in the community.

And, frankly, you can't convince me that the you-must-never-complain crowd will never have cause to kvetch themselves; it behooves everybody to have some tolerance for unhappy fans because we're all going to be that guy at one point or another. People are complex and can love one aspect of a toy or a reveal but hate another at the same time. It doesn't need to be so polarized.

I think it was much healthier around here when the general reaction to wound up annoying fans was a chuckle and reminder that it's toys and it's supposed to be fun so let's have fun.

• Like Like x 10
  19. Pcsolyar

If people in a community being positive drives you away, I don't know what to tell you. I just don't see the need to come on every thread just to be a killjoy. The criticism raised is moot. We are not the ones making the product. We are just the consumers. No one here is going to magically fix what's wrong, we don't have the power to do that.

We all know that these things we like have shortcomings, but we are here because for one reason or another we enjoy them anyways. I'd love for us to laugh everything off, but things are getting increasingly polarized and I just don't see it getting better by standing around and waiting for both sides to settle down.

Things need to come to a head before they can be resolved. It's the natural order of things. It seems you would rather leave a community when presented with any strife instead of trying to help solve the issue. I would rather get involved and try to start a discussion, but it seems I've done a poor job at that. I don't want there to be a brigade of positivity police every time someone is unhappy, but I certainly don't want every thread bogged down by people who just want to complain for complaining's sake. It serves no good. If you let the negativity go unchecked for too long, you end up with a toxic forum like certain Star Wars ones. If no discussion occurs, you get the positivity police taking over every thread like I've inadvertently done here. Neither works in the end. Extremism begets extremism, and letting either side go on will only lead to a bad experience for everyone.

I've played my part in furthering this conflict by calling out @octobotimus, and I shouldn't have been so blunt. I apologize. But I do get tired of the prevalence of negativity sometimes. I do appreciate how passionate you must be to care about all these small details. I just wish some of the users I've alluded to tonight could find some more things to be positive about, too. Balance the scales a bit. Call out a bit of good with the bad.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pcsolyar

Holy hell that's quite a wall now that I see it outside the editor, sorry for the long read